JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
09-23-2009, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJ View Post
Yanno, someone has to say it. I ain't about to sit around and spend my precious time offering well thought-out advice only to be treated like that. I started out giving constructive criticism and support, but my face was spat in. Now normally I wouldn't care, but she did it to several other people, including Columbine and MMM, whom I like, so... there you have it.

Can I get some of those marshmallows?
That post was godlike *bows* JF is very welcoming, just don't be an idiot -_-

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#22 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

09-23-2009, 01:38 PM

And even so, most mangakas who present their work, need to constantly modify it in order to "fit" the companies especifications. ( commercial especifications, moe, fanservice, and such. You get what i mean. )

Like those popular-commercial names such as Naruto, Bleach, FMA, One Piece (all the "top" commercialized ones) they were not totally meant to be like that. You can find the original version of those animes somewhere if you look for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJ View Post
Yanno, someone has to say it. I ain't about to sit around and spend my precious time offering well thought-out advice only to be treated like that. I started out giving constructive criticism and support, but my face was spat in. Now normally I wouldn't care, but she did it to several other people, including Columbine and MMM, whom I like, so... there you have it.

Can I get some of those marshmallows?

Jeez

*applauds*

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-23-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTakeshi View Post
And even so, most mangakas who present their work, need to constantly modify it in order to "fit" the companies especifications. ( commercial especifications, moe, fanservice, and such. You get what i mean. )
Well quite. I think someone told me the manga-ka of 'Marmalade boy' ended up switching around the genders and changing the personalities of ALL her main characters from her original plan. And re-writing the ending as well.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Allene7 (Offline)
The Nymphic Ninja

09-23-2009, 06:09 PM

I won't say much, especially in detail, since I think everything I'd say has already been said quite well. What I will say is that I couldn't even get past the cover art to read about the manga because I was already so terribly bored. I could say a ton of things on the art alone. It needs so much work that I couldn't bare to proceed on to readying the rest of the post. However, I finally did go back to your original post and after several attempts got through the whole thing. I also looked at all the links you posted. So to answer your questions in order, no and no.

Learn to take constructive criticism. If you can't then don't ask for honest opinions and stick with your family and close friends, as they will most likely always give you the feedback you're really looking for. If you truly love writing and drawing then keep at it. Those two areas of interest require a lot of editing and willingness to change in order to succeed. If you aren't open to edit and change then don't expect to get far as a serious career with it.

A quick note, not every scribble on paper is art worthy of appreciation. If it were then everyone would be an artist. You can always tell by looking at a drawing how much a person really put in to it, whether it's an abstract of a still life drawing. I don't see much put in to your drawings or writings based on what you've shown us, therefore I see nothing to appreciate.

Oh, and I am an artist. I have my B.A. and I've been writing for a very long time and am working on writing as a career so I do have some qualifications to make the statements that I've made.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-23-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyukisama View Post
Overall, thanks for all the input, it's given me a lot of insight, and I'm determined to pursue this project to its fullest extent whether the public audience apprecates it or not.
Then five posts and two hours later...

Quote:
That's fine. I'm ready to call quits on this project. I just want to draw, write stories, play my guitar, make new friends who accept me for me. I did not intend to confuse anybody and JF is less than welcoming than I thought even if I'm just starting out.
If comments by a couple anonymous strangers on the Internet are enough to get you to quit, then probably quitting is not a bad idea because the project was probably doomed from the start.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-23-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I see, that's fine, I just feel viciously attacked.
If you don't want honest answers, then stop asking the questions.