LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
03-15-2007, 02:50 AM

I think this could go hand in hand with the discrimination thread, lol.. XD

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-15-2007, 02:54 AM

Innitially for me it was the originality of it all. You don't see much like it coming from a culture that largly considers comics and animation to be for children, so to see animated series and comics with mature situations, developed characters, and well written stories is a refreshing departure from the day to day television and movies in the US.

Before getting into anime though, I had always been a fan of martial arts films and such, and when I was a child my favorite tv shows were things like Gatchaman (renamed G-Force at the time) and Voltron (first anime I ever saw), so I suppose I have a sort of predisposition to the astetics of anime and asian cinema despite being totally unaware at the time that it was "anime".
(#13 (permalink))
Old
moocow49 (Offline)
Banned

03-15-2007, 03:47 AM

More analyzing. Do you ever watch TV for fun instead of analyzing every piece of every episode?

Last edited by moocow49 : 03-15-2007 at 03:53 AM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

03-15-2007, 03:51 AM

because its exaggerated, its fun, its entertaining, its amusing, its crazy, its out of this world, it wild, its weird, its scary, its funny, its informative, its cool and its anime

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#15 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Thumbs up 03-15-2007, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samael View Post
Innitially for me it was the originality of it all. You don't see much like it coming from a culture that largly considers comics and animation to be for children, so to see animated series and comics with mature situations, developed characters, and well written stories is a refreshing departure from the day to day television and movies in the US.
i second the motion...in anime, characters are well-developed, there is no absolute bad guy or good guy, stories are not just aimed at a specific audience like kids but other age groups as well...something revolutionary and mind-blowing for me when i first watched the anime movies like Akira, Ghost in the Shell, and Ninja Scroll...

Japan does not understand very well that one of its proudest cultural achievements is in film--- Akira Kurosawa
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-16-2007, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow49 View Post
More analyzing. Do you ever watch TV for fun instead of analyzing every piece of every episode?
To answere your question, I don't watch much TV at all really. Most of the anime I watch is downloaded or on DVD. And I really don't feel I'm analyzing anything here, I just have an understanding of my own psycology when it comes to things I enjoy. Is that a problem?

I'm not sure what I've done to piss you off exactly, but whatever it was it was not my intention.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
terra104 (Offline)
SIT BOY!

03-17-2007, 04:18 PM

its the alternate reality...
ive been watching anime as long a i remember, of coarse it was dubbed in my language.
i found out later that getting the original language (subbed ofcoarse) is much better!
(#18 (permalink))
Old
otaku1 (Offline)
New to JF

03-17-2007, 09:48 PM

I beleve we love anime becus it takes use to a place whar we now we cannot go

I anime
(#19 (permalink))
Old
ozirhanz (Offline)
New to JF

05-30-2007, 12:19 AM

Last edited by ozirhanz : 05-30-2007 at 12:24 AM. Reason: I proofread and re-posted
(#20 (permalink))
Old
ozirhanz (Offline)
New to JF

05-30-2007, 12:21 AM

I love anime and manga for the artwork, the complex and fascinating social/cultural/psychological analysis it delves into, the literary depth of the stories, the way emotions and interactions are stylized...

I love anime/manga like I'd love a good book and great artwork. Of course, there is a lot of schlock anime/manga out there, so really I'm only referring to "intellegent" anime that possesses the above qualities, but I guess that's begging the question somewhat.