JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
HiryuuKi (Offline)
JF Regular

04-13-2010, 02:59 PM

Hmmmm... Hard choice! Well, I must say Death Note... Mostly because I like short series, and well... Death Note doesn't have as many chapters as Detective Conan^^ Manga verse at least, never watched the anime
Should I watch the anime? Is it any good?

"If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the Internet."

"This is the Internet, where men are men, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents."
(#12 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-13-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiryuuKi View Post
Hmmmm... Hard choice! Well, I must say Death Note... Mostly because I like short series, and well... Death Note doesn't have as many chapters as Detective Conan^^ Manga verse at least, never watched the anime
Should I watch the anime? Is it any good?
The anime is identical in plot to the manga, so if you like one there's no reason to dislike the other. It's only around 36 episodes too, and no filler, which in my opinion automatically makes it better than some of the anime series out there that drag themselves out for far too long. The animation is good, and both the original voice acting and the English dub are good too, it's worth watching for sure. The live action films would be a whole other story however :P
(#13 (permalink))
Old
HiryuuKi (Offline)
JF Regular

04-13-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
The anime is identical in plot to the manga, so if you like one there's no reason to dislike the other. It's only around 36 episodes too, and no filler, which in my opinion automatically makes it better than some of the anime series out there that drag themselves out for far too long. The animation is good, and both the original voice acting and the English dub are good too, it's worth watching for sure. The live action films would be a whole other story however :P
Thanksie! I'll give it a try! I watched the live action movies, I can't belive I actually didn't fall asleep... Geesh...

"This is the Internet, where men are men, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents."
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MeIsKevin (Offline)
JF Regular

04-13-2010, 04:32 PM

I'd say Death note =^^=

All goto my Yewtoob account and add me as friend!
HTML Code:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnimatorRM/
(#15 (permalink))
Old
HungryForRamen (Offline)
I LOOOOOOOVE THEM GINGERS

04-13-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteraugusts View Post
Death Note kept my interest until about the halfway point. It's mainly because L is super hot and Conan is a little kid but I like the plot of Death Note better. It's ongoing instead of different mysteries.

Detective Conan is pretty awesome too. When it comes to smart characters and entertaining stories, Conan has Light beat any day. I admit though that it'd be nice if Detective Conan had a character like L, cuz L was the best part of Death note!
xD It seems like people like animes sometimes because the character is "super hot." When I first saw Death Note, I thought L was a creeper. But as I got into it, I ended up thinking he was "super hot" as well, but that's not what kept my interest.

As for deciding, I haven't seen Detective Conan, but I would say Death Note, anyway, because it's by far the best anime I've seen.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
HiryuuKi (Offline)
JF Regular

04-14-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryForRamen View Post
xD It seems like people like animes sometimes because the character is "super hot." When I first saw Death Note, I thought L was a creeper. But as I got into it, I ended up thinking he was "super hot" as well, but that's not what kept my interest.

As for deciding, I haven't seen Detective Conan, but I would say Death Note, anyway, because it's by far the best anime I've seen.
Totally agree, I think L is cute But that's not why I like it as much as I do! (I love drawing L, he's really funny and cute ) I read it because it's interesting, a special plot line that keeps you awake at night! Death Note is totally kick-ass Gahaha, just had to say kick-ass, saw the movie last night

(#17 (permalink))
Old
rifatho (Offline)
New to JF

Death Note vs. Detective Conan - 04-15-2010, 11:42 AM

The following is a retelling of the entire Death Note Story That is parallel with the Detective Conan Universe. A crossover of the 2 greatest Detective series out there. This start from the beginning to end of Death Note retold, it will feature Detective Conan but since this is primarily in the death note universe, I will put info in quotes to explain things for first timers to Detective Conan.. Here some background Information on Detective Conan. * Don't think this will be the same as the Death note series with Detective conan characters. Sometimes that may be the case but it will feature new scenes, new characters new to both series, the ending may not even be the same.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Grizzle (Offline)
New to JF

04-26-2010, 07:55 PM

I would have been on Conan's side if it wasn't so damn long.
Well, bloody monday and BOSS are good suspense - mystery too ... But they're not anime . xD

My dream : To go to Japan and meet Toda Erika .
My REAL Dream : Be Toda Erika's boyfriend.

On a side note , those who are interested in being friends wif me , please PM ...
(#19 (permalink))
Old
CrystalRose (Offline)
New to JF

05-29-2010, 11:39 AM

I love Death Note `cause the idea is really intresting, I love the Shinigami and the idea with the apple [ an apple for Shinigami is like a cigarette for a man] is really original :-? I like L`s personality and I like that Light wants to help Japan, but my fav. character is L [ryuzaki]
(#20 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

05-29-2010, 07:05 PM

-cough- L Lawliet -cough- Wait, LAWliet? hmmmm . . .

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.