JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#131 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

04-06-2007, 04:39 PM

Wow you guys got in so many pages without me. >_< I am impressed all my fellow DN fans praising/discussing the manga.

QueenNanami, you just started watching DN like 2 days ago and you are already so hooked. I'm proud of you.

I also made the comparison of Boondock Saints to DN they believe that they are doing the will of God and serving justice.

Katashi, believe me you'll get into it and love it really fast. I think it is impossible for someone to read/watch DN and not like it. Unless they are totally a fool {no offense to anyone} and can't understand it, thus they don't like it.
(#132 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

04-06-2007, 04:40 PM

Hey L what's up......Kira's here......wanna go out for coffe sometime....hehe...

IamKira
(#133 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
04-06-2007, 04:43 PM

Lol, Kira doesn't do the will of God. He does his own will ^_^

Truth to be told, I'm a little disappointed... No one has been able to prove L's better than Kira yet, without being unreasonable XD

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#134 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

04-06-2007, 04:46 PM

I know Kira does his own will. He says he IS "GOD" lol so yeah, as the story goes on, he gets worse and worse.

Yeah, in my opinion, I like L and Kira equally. They are both so awesome, and look really cool. DN is the first manga/anime {that I know of} that portrays a character who is starting to turn evil as the main role.
(#135 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

04-06-2007, 04:49 PM

Lol, personally, I don't believe Light Yagami Kira is evil, but even if he is, there's a possibility that evil can triumph in the end, which makes the whole story even more interesting and unique XD

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#136 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

04-06-2007, 04:49 PM

What can we define as evil though Kanji? If this is what has to be done to create a perfect world, then doesn't the good of his actions still outweigh the evil of it?

IamKira
(#137 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

04-06-2007, 04:53 PM

SPOILERS FOR FIRST TIMERS!!!

Believe me, he may not be evil, but some of his actions are not without evil intent. So your saying to me, the death of Naomi Mizora, and Raye Penber and all them, was not an act of evil? He killed innocent people just so they don't interfere with him. He thought he was doing good, and destroying his enemies to make a perfect world, and he thinks sacrifices have to be made, but like Ryuk said, Light will be the only evil person left in the world, if he does succeed
(#138 (permalink))
Old
Riku8 (Offline)
C.E.L.L

04-06-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
What can we define as evil though Kanji? If this is what has to be done to create a perfect world, then doesn't the good of his actions still outweigh the evil of it?
I would say no, he isn't killing all these criminals for good, hes doing it for himself so he can rule the world. Everyone who wants to rule the world is either crazy, evil or a bit of both. If he had never found the death note he would be a good guy as we found out. I mean he kills innocents if they are a threat to him, isn't that evil?

(#139 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

04-06-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
No one plays God and fixes things, that's why the world itself has become so corrupted, there is simply no truly strong central power and discipline to hold it together. The end justifies the means. If i had to sacrifice a million people for a billion people, i would gladly do so, but only as a last resort.
If you would be so kind as to read the last three pages.. haha this is just something i quoted from one of my previous posts =P

Riku: If he'd wanted to rule the world, trust me, he wouldnt just stick to killing criminals and people who interfered with him. You'd see him threateneing the world government instead

(#140 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

04-06-2007, 04:59 PM

But he's not evil....his actions are based off of what must be done to support his cause.....The deaths of Ray Penbar and his fiancee or spouse, can't remember if they were married, were nessesary to prevent his demise and maintain control of the situation with L. Simply, if he does not kill the people hat oppose and threaten his cause, it will never get done....some of the worlds greatest military minds undersand and understood this, but we seem incapable of holding this knowledge without opposing it or refusing to accept it.....Why? Is it that we think it opposes our sence of morality? If so, take a look at the overall accomplishments of the few evil acts....Or maby it's something entirely different.....mabey you really don't want a utopia......think about it...

IamKira