JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-19-2007, 05:05 PM

You don't know what your getting yourself into Nard-kun. You best enlist help from Mikami over there if you want to stand up to L and Near together. You'll need your scary obssessed followers to prove us wrong. Go ahead and to to sleep. Runaway to your dreams where you think you're god. hahaha! jk bro

I'll be posting the 2nd half of my post soon enough. So you'll have a read when you return tomorrow! CYA!

EDIT: I stand corrected! Mikami already has your back! As he has just posted before me.

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 05-19-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old
風林火山

05-19-2007, 05:10 PM

Awww! Rikku-chan! Come back, I put on my L face, and avatar so we could all debate. Oh well, I guess it back to the Kamui avatar. Have a good one Rikku-chan! bu-bye!
Old
MinamiItsuki (Offline)
As Yuna's guardian...I

05-19-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Awww! Rikku-chan! Come back, I put on my L face, and avatar so we could all debate. Oh well, I guess it back to the Kamui avatar. Have a good one Rikku-chan! bu-bye!
Hey i like that avatar, you should use it for a while.
Old
Oren (Offline)
glad to be back

Send a message via Yahoo to Oren
05-19-2007, 07:16 PM

I've missed soooo much!!!
What's this Rikku??? You've become so argumentive..I love it!! I'm sure Master L is oozing with pride!!!
And Nardy *glares* don't give up on me yet. It's been a while since I've been able to come on the forum, so I'll have to go back and read your reply to my debate. But it is coming I promise.
And as for you Itsuki!!!!!!! *GLARES* how dare you be so pro-Light!! I guess I never realized how evil you were!! I'm going to have to be more aware of my surroundings when you come over next for fear you might try to overthrow me!!!

The debate is on!!!!

BTW, would anyone care for some Oolong Tea?

Peace Love Recycle
Old
rallaa (Offline)
The original KFC

05-19-2007, 09:33 PM

Kira for the win!

his way of bringing justice is twisted but i could see how it works...its very effective...L is cool too. he acts very strange but he is super smart...GAH! i cant decide which one is cooler.
Old
風林火山

05-19-2007, 10:04 PM

Of course Itsuki-kun is being pro-Light. He loves Light. ^_^ I hope he will post more about these debates.

Haha Rikku-chan, your sterness as an L supporter might make someone pick Light out of fear for being in the same group as you ! lol sometimes I'd be scared of you, if I was a newbie posting on this thread. But I love how you make everyone know the name that is L !!!!
Old
風林火山

05-19-2007, 10:15 PM

Yeah, I got to go too. Oren-san wants to play Xbox live, so she needs my internet connection to do so. The Halo 3 Beta demo is awesome! I love to play it! Well, that is toally off-topic! So cya later and we'll need to debate later tonight with Nard-kun and Itsuki-kun, hopefully!!!
Old
風林火山

05-20-2007, 02:49 AM

Oh! nice post Rikku-chan. I'll be sure to read it soon!

I just watched episode 31 of DN to see what was up with it since I haven't been following it. The anime is starting to cut a lot of stuff out from the manga. When it ended Mikami did some stuff for Kira. I won't say what, since it's spoilers.
Old
風林火山

05-20-2007, 03:28 AM

I just read it. I don't think you arguments are going down in quality, not at all. You just wrote much less, and gave it more spacing to seem bigger. lol I do that too.

Yeah, I have been more of a manga reader lately, then an anime watcher. I have like 33+ mangas right now, and my collection can only get bigger.

I hope Itsuki and Nard get here soon, so we don't sit around looking like we got nothing better to do. lol
Old
風林火山

05-20-2007, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
Given Light has the power to save the world from crimes as they're unable to do anything to help themselves. The authorities are 'unfit' for the job because our system is "screwed up". He is the only one who has the capabilities and death note. He sees an innocent person being kidnapped by terrorists and the ransom is the money which is needed by a hospital to purchase medical equipments in order to save hundreds of people who could possibly die from a terrible disease. The authorities can't bear to watch an innocent life perish from right under their noses, and decides to give the money to the kidnappers. He has two choices - To kill the hostage and prevent the terrorists from succeeding or leave them and risk the lives of hundreds of other innocence. Linking to that, after killing the hostage, Light discovers one of the names and faces of the terrorists under certain circumstances. He's innocent but is being forced to follow the lead of the other terrorists as they've threatened to kill him and his family if he doesn't. Killing one of them could highly intimidate the rest of them into surrendering and avoid any more kidnaps or the killing of the hostages. Not killing him would instigate the terrorists into continuing their activities. Then what? Kill more hostages? Compare the pros and cons. In which scenario would Light have to kill further in the name of justice? The sacrifice taken... Every other factor into consideration... If you can prove them unnecessary to me, then I'll take back what I said pertaining to sacrificing the innocent.

My scenarios will be able to explain this as well. 1,000 people have 1,000 familes. 1 person has 1 family. Who would suffer more grievance as a whole? Which one would lead to a worse consequence? Let's compare that 1 person to the entire world population too. If you opt to "save that one life", what can he or she do even if she survives and there're no one else around? *Yes, you even killed yourself for that one* person*. Another illustration should enhance my explanation. Assuming someone in a family is in heavy debt. Loan sharks are about to trying to finish him off. In addition, that person has been giving your family problems as well, lying that you guys are his family instead. The loan sharks declare either he dies, or everyone he involves into this dies. Would killing that person infront of the loan sharks not resolve the situation? Which is more important? To my belief, claiming they're equally as important isn't right.
Sure Rikku-chan! Come right over! We can read my mangas together, as we sit up with knees on our chairs! I have many titles, and there are alot that I know you'd probably like! Okay, I guess it is back to the other half of the debate like I promised I would write. *pulls out bowl of Chinese food from last night's dinner and engages the Light-supporters head on. (literally)

Why do you say our system is screwed up. What is so screwed up about it. Don't forget, all countries have different agendas and methods. You may not know it, but a lot of the time, ransom for someone or something is not paid. The authorities refuse to give in to terrorists, and they refuse to even cooperate with them. They'll just send a squad into the place and lay siege on the criminals. and if the hostages die, then that is sad, but the authorities cover it up. maybe thats what you mean by messed up. Our governments hide the true story, and feed the press what they want written in the papers. If Light was so true to his word, then he'd kill the kidnappers without much of a second thought. Even if that one guy is innocent, it is possible to kill all the rest and leave that one standing.

Killing the man in front of the loan sharks would not solve anything. Nothing can be clarified or fought against if you are dead. If the man dies, then the loan sharks will just go to someone else, and do the same thing and continue down their path of evil. But if the police were to become involved, or some authority figure, then it is possible that the shraks would be killed. and not the man or his family. People are so willing to give up a life to do what they want. But let's face it, in the end, the world never changes. It always manages to go back to the same way it has always been. People with power still manage to do what they want, and everyone else has to be envious. (I'm straying from the course here, so I'll back up a bit)

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 05-20-2007 at 04:20 AM.