LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
Near (Offline)
Domo, Unknown-san

Send a message via AIM to Near Send a message via Yahoo to Near
07-10-2007, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
The Anime ended quite predictably but the series was damned awesome.
I felt so sorry for Light in that last episode towards the end, despite hating him for killing L and causing Rems demise.
He looked so alone.
Curse of the Deathnote I guess.
I honestly want to know what Light expected. I mean, deep down he had to know that with that kind of power, something bad was going to happen to him. Really, did he expect to wake up in heaven sitting on Santa's knee? "Ah, Light! You killed alot of naughty people! Good job! Here is your present!" *Santa starts to hand him a present then pulls it back.* "Wait! Whats this? You killed innocent people as well? And the person who considered you their friend? That is very bad. No present to you. I am afraid you must go downstairs." *boots Light down to you-know-where*

Light should become a Death god, then he can kill all he wants and then finally get bored of it and realize what a fool he is.

Loves ya Aoshi
Love ya Cooly
Old
Yggdrazzil (Offline)
Gone since 02-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrazzil
07-10-2007, 02:03 PM

Prolly my curse for reading about series that I haven't finished yet....well I dont have to watch the rest anymore anyway I guess..saves time...burrrr...

Bye
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

07-10-2007, 03:45 PM

Aoshi-san, I like your posts a lot. Your intelligence shines through with every sentence. Bu I must say, you still managed to make me laugh out loud in those posts as well.

You wrote a lot of views, so forgive me for not being able to remember them all but two of them stuck out to me the most. (You finished the series haven't you Shino?)

The following contains spoilers, so if you haven't finished the series yet, then go away now!!

If what you say is true, about a person's name, there are people in Death Note who shouldn't have died. You say a person's name is what they believe whole-heartedly to be their name correct? Light believed he was Kira. If he was thinking to himself, I am sure he would say that he is Kira before he is Light. If this is true, then why did Light die when Ryuk wrote "Light Yagami" in his Death Note? He believed that he was Kira, the god of this world, with all his soul. If your name is what you believe it is then why did he die? "Kira" is a nickname that he was given. Just like "Ryuzaki" or "L" is L's nickname. His real name starts with an L, but he discarded his real name, and only goes by L/Ryuzaki now. So why did he die? I believe that a human's birth name, what your parent's give you, is required to kill you. It doesn't have to be a government issued name, but a name that is given to you from the very first day of your life. That is your true identity, and no hopes of wishing will change that. If I could chose it, I would be Kanji, and discard my real name, but that real name is who I am, and I cannot escape it. This is what I think. So you can think all you like that you have a different identity. But that is just in your mind. Even if everyone around you starts to call you a different name, it is all a lie. Your original name is what you really are. (lol I am rambling now)

Oh, the other thing I wanted to comment on is that Ryuk didn't steal Light's Death Note from the Shinigami King. He stole it from Shidoh another Shinigami who isn't that intelligent. He then told the Shinigami King that he forgot the rules, and that he'd like the King to write the rules in it so he never forgets it. Sorry for the correction, I don't mean to be anal, but I just figured I tell you.

I also had one more comment about the Shinigami. They lay around and play games because there is just nothing else to do. They are forbidden to travel to the human world. They can only come in this world in they have a note here, and they are retrieving it, or following it around until the humans who possess it die. Their world is a wasteland. They lost all hope of life. They don't write names down, because they don't want to live anymore. But then, when their life is about to burn out, they realize they don't want to die, so they kill a human to go on. They know what death is, and they don't want that. In DN when you die to go to nothingness. There is no Heaven, no Hell. They know this and fear it, so they only kill at the very end to keep on living since they know when they die there is no other plane of being that your soul will go to.

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 07-10-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

Send a message via AIM to QueenNanami Send a message via MSN to QueenNanami
07-10-2007, 05:05 PM

omg >.< i wrote out this huge long post to reply to all of this and then i accidentally deleted all of it :/ but i need to run off to work in a bit so I'll have to rewrite all of it when i get home.. now I'm sad :/

"The ignorant are mere stepping stones on the path to enlightenment."

"People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn't bother me. Everything can be strange to someone." - Michael Jackson
Old
girlgamer1984 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-10-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maku View Post
Thankyou for that link, it did indeed answer my question, and I found that the manga and anime are the same in ending, except the manga has a bit afterwards that shows the world a year after the ending.
No problem. Glad to help.

Light today has dawned on my wooden head.
Old
Oren (Offline)
glad to be back

Send a message via Yahoo to Oren
07-10-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenNanami View Post
omg >.< i wrote out this huge long post to reply to all of this and then i accidentally deleted all of it :/ but i need to run off to work in a bit so I'll have to rewrite all of it when i get home.. now I'm sad :/
Oh you poor thing! I HATE it when that happens!!

Peace Love Recycle
Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

07-11-2007, 03:09 AM

Ok lets start over

First things first

@Aoshi

first I'll take us back to the subject of godliness!

Quote:
On the other hand Kira has a means of killing that people don't suspect. Even if they saw Kira write something in the notebook and shortly after someone pops their clogs, they wouldn't make a connection between writing in a note and someone dying. Why? Simply because writing is a common daily activity that people believe is harmless. You and I and everyone around here (including our recently dead pigmy angels ;_; ) know that a gun is far from harmless. Consequently anyone using a gun and shooting at someone else can be singled out at once.
You mentioned that the only way to prove they aren't gods is by being able to steal away their power right? Well like you said no one really know that his power comes from the note book. Sure someone could steal it if they knew where his powers came from. For all they know he could use his super mind powers to kill. He never once mentions the notebook as being his source of power. Not to anyone but misa and misa already knew where his power came from. Which points back to him being godly. Because he still has powers people cant explain.

Next order of business
Again @Aoshi

Quote:
True Ryuk was a layabout in the real world resting all the time. But he still kept a beady eye on the progress of things. He sought to understand human behaviour. Like you rightly said he wanted a change in scenery. And that's what sets him apart. The rest of the shinigami couldn't care less. They're no more useful in this existence than vestigial organs in a vegetative corpse. Among all of them, the one shinigami who truly showed any promise (however slight) was Ryuk. Was he greedy? YES he was. He was a shinigami. He had to be greedy. Okay "Greedy be pardoned" - what use did he put that greed to? Did he waste it around or did he use it towards a personal end? The very fact that he thought of something that would interest him shows motivation in living. It's that motivation which sets him apart. He not only showed motivation in meddling in human affairs, we also have an account of him having tricked the king of the shinigami and stealing a book. So Ryuk has shown sparks of intelligence over time.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that. Thanks to what Kanji/L pointed out

Quote:
Oh, the other thing I wanted to comment on is that Ryuk didn't steal Light's Death Note from the Shinigami King. He stole it from Shidoh another Shinigami who isn't that intelligent. He then told the Shinigami King that he forgot the rules, and that he'd like the King to write the rules in it so he never forgets it. Sorry for the correction, I don't mean to be anal, but I just figured I tell you
You don't have to be intelligent to steal things. Just more swift and cunning then the next guy. True Ryuk was tired of being bored and lazy all day but that doesn't make him the smartest shinigami in the shinigami world! he dropped the note book and out of sheer luck Light picked it up. if anyone else picked it up things could have turned out way differently. Which points to Ryuk being a lazy shinigami again. Its not like he waited around looking for the perfect person he just dropped it in hopes something exiciting would happen! Not to mention that while watching the episodes of Death note didn't Rem come off as the smarter shinigami? she cared and looked over misa and she could see where Lights plans were going. Ryuk just sat around waiting to see the out come.

I vote Ryuk isnt a smart Shinigami just lucky.

Now @ivi0nk3y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
I think the word god in the start of the Manga/Anime is used quite loosely for Light. Basically he has god like powers and wants to be god, but that's in his own mind. Either he was already in some kindof delusion (due to his superiority of intelligence over others), or the Deathnote just accelerated this delusion even more, till he actually thought he was "a" god. Others people who he has touched and who think he's god, are shown to be "psychos" as well.
I have to disagree with you completely on this (sorry bud ;P)

Light doesnt really start calling himself a god, That is what he's trying to achieve. What he's doing is getting people to understand he has the power over them that are much more powerful. But he's also trying to come off as a "Peaceful" person. By only killing criminals. You also said its in his own mind? then how do you explain Misa-Misa Chan?(i love misa n.n she's so cute) Misa Definitely wasn't a "psycho" she believed he was making the world a better place like he claimed he was doing. Some people just believed he was doing what was right. he started to belive he was a actual God but that eventually became his down fall. He didn't think he could be stopped because it seemed as if no one could stop him! He was more intelligent he was much more cunning and he had the power.

which takes me back to my before thoughts that Kira in fact was a "False God" he seemed immortal and unbeatable. Wasn't it Ryuk who was the one to take him down?

thats right next im comment towards the New guy n.n

@Near ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near View Post
I honestly want to know what Light expected. I mean, deep down he had to know that with that kind of power, something bad was going to happen to him. Really, did he expect to wake up in heaven sitting on Santa's knee? "Ah, Light! You killed alot of naughty people! Good job! Here is your present!" *Santa starts to hand him a present then pulls it back.* "Wait! Whats this? You killed innocent people as well? And the person who considered you their friend? That is very bad. No present to you. I am afraid you must go downstairs." *boots Light down to you-know-where*

Light should become a Death god, then he can kill all he wants and then finally get bored of it and realize what a fool he is.
lol Well! Ryuk tells light in the first chapter of the Manga and in the first episode of the Anime that when he dies he wont go to heaven and he wouldnt go to hell. He would get to figure that out when Ryuk kills him. Light didn't expect to go to heaven or hell because he already knew he would go to neither and even him having the power he knew he was smart enough to prove nothing bad would happen because he would stop it from happening! (recall the episodes where Kira willing looses him memory and then help L search for Kira and then after everything that happens gets all his memories back, kills L and reigns once again as "God") And don't you think that even as a death god he would probably try to rule the human world i mean now he has even more powers then before... and no ones wants that.

Kira also never killed L, he got L Killed... but he himself did not commit that crime :P Rem did

Finally last but not least

@Oren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren View Post
Hmmm Aoshi, some very intriguing arguements. I tend to agree with you about Ryuk. He is the only shinigami that seemed remotely intelligent besides Rem. And she let her emotions for Misa choose her fate. But Ryuk shows some real smarts. The whole story was after all his doing, was it not?

As far as Kira being a "God", well that is just laughable. As you stated, he was only considered a god because he had an inanimate object that gave him an inhuman "power". But ultimately, he is just as human as anyone else. He bleeds doesn't he?
People fear and revere that which they cannot explain or understand. Here comes Kira with promises to clean up the world of the evil doers, and he's mysteriously killing off people with an unknown power. He must be a god, right? Please. He's just a self-righteous, egotistical psycho who is way too intelligent for his own good. And after he expended all that energy and intelligence fighting against the world, just imagine what he could've done to REALLY help it.
You can not make bleed what you can never touch nor see :P but most people don't know he's doesn't have real powers :/ they don't know his powers come from a note book which takes me back to the false god subject lol. Out of fear people will bow to him. Sure he's a psycho and all BUT people think that whats going on is whats best. Like he said before he's only making the world a better place so to speak.

Also i must add that i belive That Ryuk was a lazy stupid Shinigami. Read my comments above :P

ok im done.. i didnt have anything to say back to Kanji/L's posts ;P

"People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn't bother me. Everything can be strange to someone." - Michael Jackson

Last edited by QueenNanami : 07-11-2007 at 05:24 AM.
Old
girlgamer1984 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-11-2007, 06:07 PM

This discussion is pretty preplexing.

Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

07-11-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgamer1984 View Post
This discussion is pretty preplexing.
i know i had to read Aoshi's posts like 10 times cuz i could have swore he started to contridct himself then i was so confused but i think he was just trying to get his point acrossed and then kanji confused me alittle had to read his posts a couple times while writing my huge reply i had to open up another wndow to the forum and read it again and quote some of it But this is fun thats why i love this thread

Old
girlgamer1984 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-11-2007, 07:03 PM

lol that makes sense.