JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Supperman (Offline)
JF Old Timer

The refrigerating room - 07-13-2011, 10:40 AM

This is a refrigerating room. A man is checking the packed meats in the room. At the background, there are tens of carcasses hanging on the rail.

The man is wearing a white overall roughly, with half turned-up collar and unfastened-buttons, as if it were a wrap coat. He’s wearing a white dress shirt and a black jacket inside the overall.

He wears neither a mask nor a cap, which seems unsanitary in this kind of food-industry.

I wonder who he is.
Maybe a supervisor of the meat company. Or an investigation officer from the authorities. Anyway he might be idle, judging from his appearance.

Or he may be just an actor or a photograph model for this photo, which is a faked photo for the TOEIC examination.

Packing the meat / TOEIC

Last edited by Supperman : 07-13-2011 at 10:45 AM.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Supperman (Offline)
JF Old Timer

The skiers - 07-13-2011, 11:25 PM

Downhill skiing / TOEIC

A child who's supposed to be a girl and supposed to be six to eleven years old is skiing downhill, accompanied by two adults, a man and a woman, who are also skiing and carefully watching her.

Her outfits are very colorful and appealing.
She wears a light-blue jacket, red pants with a black stripe on each side, blue gloves and shoes, a white muffler (or maybe collar), orange ski glasses, a dark blue cap, pink ski sticks, and pink ski plates.

It's a daytime and the weather is sunny. Of course there is snow on the ground, yet no snow is falling now.

Last edited by Supperman : 07-14-2011 at 06:48 AM.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Supperman (Offline)
JF Old Timer

the lathe - 07-15-2011, 12:25 AM

Dear all,
My try for today is about this;

At the lathe / TOEIC

A turner in a blue jacket is operating the lathe which is a machine to shape metal or wood. Perhaps he’s now making a pulley wheel.

The motor of the machine probably locates in the left side box. The axis of the motor is horizontal, and stretches toward the right side.

The turner attaches metal or wood at the right position where the axis of the motor and the material completely match. Then he begins to turn the motor at the fast speed, and cuts the wood or metal with the cutter approaching from the outer-side.

The shape of the products must be always circle-shape.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-15-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supperman View Post
Downhill skiing / TOEIC

A child who's supposed to be a girl and supposed to be six to eleven years old ( A YOUNG CHILD is skiing downhill, on snow covered slopes. She is accompanied by two adults, a man and a woman, who are also skiing and carefully watching her. Just mention the man and woman-- not both--- either adults or Man and woman.Her outfits are very colorful and appealing.
She wears a light-blue jacket, red pants with a black stripe on each side, blue gloves and shoes, a white muffler (or maybe collar), orange ski glasses, a dark blue cap, pink ski sticks, and pink ski plates.

It's a IT IS daytime and the weather is sunny. Of course there is snow on the ground, yet no snow is falling now.
IT IS A CLEAR SUNNY DAY.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 07-15-2011 at 07:32 AM.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Supperman (Offline)
JF Old Timer

the skiing child - 07-15-2011, 09:59 AM

Thanks, dogsbody70, for taking care of this!

I can feel it becomes so much better, because it is concise, natural, and much clearer.

A young child is skiing on snow covered slopes. She is accompanied by the man and woman, who are also skiing and carefully watching her.

Her outfits are very colorful and appealing.

It is a clear sunny day.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

07-15-2011, 01:21 PM

You do very well and obviously have many words that you use very well.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

07-15-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks, dogsbody70, for taking care of this!

I can feel it becomes so much better, because it is concise, natural, and much clearer.

It is a clear sunny day in the mountains; A young child is skiing on snow covered slopes. She is accompanied by the A man and woman, who are also skiing and carefully watching her.

Her outfits are( HER OUTFIT IS very colorful and appealing. (She is wearing a colourful outfit which includes: a light-blue jacket, red pants with a black stripe on each side, blue gloves and shoes, a white muffler (or maybe collar), orange ski glasses, a dark blue cap, and she is holding pink ski sticks, Her ski's also are pink..
Also maybe mention the weather in the first paragaph rather than at the end.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 07-15-2011 at 01:35 PM.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Supperman (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-17-2011, 08:05 AM

Hi.

I want to make sure if the underlined parts are correct below.

It is a clear sunny day in the mountains; A young child is skiing on snow covered slopes. She is accompanied by a man and woman, who are also skiing and carefully watching her.

She is wearing a colourful outfit which includes: a light-blue jacket, red pants with a black stripe on each side, blue gloves and shoes, a white muffler, orange ski glasses, a dark blue cap, and she is holding pink ski sticks. Her ski's also are pink.

I wonder if the underlined parts have typo?

"........by a man and a woman, who are " seems correct to me.

"Her ski's also are pink." is OK?
Her ski's (=ski is) also pink.
or
Her ski's (boards) also are pink.

Last edited by Supperman : 07-17-2011 at 08:08 AM.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Supperman (Offline)
JF Old Timer

A small girl with a basket - 07-17-2011, 09:30 AM

A small girl with a basket / TOEIC

This is a closeup photograph of a small girl holding a basket in her left hand. She is on the grass and probably picking up the white grass flowers.

The weather is lovely, and she wears a sleeveless light-pink-colour one-piece.

She puts her brown hair up in a ponytail. She is well tanned as a Caucasian, or she may be an Asian girl.

Her colourful basket is disproportionally a little too big for her, and that is the point I feel this photo very attractive. I think she is so charming.
A cute photo!
(#40 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

07-17-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Hi.

I want to make sure if the underlined parts are correct below.

It is a clear sunny day in the mountains; A young child is skiing on snow covered slopes. She is accompanied by a man and woman, who are also skiing and carefully watching her.

She is wearing a colourful outfit which includes: a light-blue jacket, red pants with a black stripe on each side, blue gloves and shoes, a white muffler, orange ski glasses, a dark blue cap, and she is holding pink ski sticks. Her ski's also are pink. I think perhaps I was mistaken by saying her Ski's. I believe it is SKIS a pair of skis. If anyone would like to correct this please do so. As far as I know the skis are called SKIS-pronounced SKEES.I wonder if the underlined parts have typo?

"........by a man and a woman, who are " seems correct to me.

"Her ski's also are pink." is OK? YES
Her ski's (=ski is) also pink.
or
Her ski's (boards) also are pink.
THey are called Skis. she is riding on a pair of skis.