JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   2012? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/12490-2012.html)

Ryzorian 07-26-2009 04:28 AM

My fleet arrives Dec. 21, 2012.

Tenchu 07-26-2009 06:15 AM

If you believe in their prophecies, you kind of also have to believe in their gods, ritual sacrafice, all that cool stuff. You can't just pick and choose parts of a religion as it suits you. This entire calendar ties into their entire belief system... so, does anyone here feel like cutting some hearts out?

Salvadorian 07-26-2009 06:22 AM

These things have been happening for a while now (Eg. 1966, 1996, 2000, etc...) People always tend to find something along these time lines or future ones to stir up "prophecies". I for one don't believe any of this, I just take it one day at a time ^__^

iPhantom 07-26-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchu (Post 752395)
If you believe in their prophecies, you kind of also have to believe in their gods, ritual sacrafice, all that cool stuff. You can't just pick and choose parts of a religion as it suits you. This entire calendar ties into their entire belief system... so, does anyone here feel like cutting some hearts out?

I don't believe in Mayans or Mayan calendar at all. But solar maximum isn't a prophecy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvadorian (Post 752399)
These things have been happening for a while now (Eg. 1966, 1996, 2000, etc...) People always tend to find something along these time lines or future ones to stir up "prophecies". I for one don't believe any of this, I just take it one day at a time ^__^

The years you mentioned were only backed up by religion, there was no science behind them.

Tenchu 07-26-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 752535)
I don't believe in Mayans or Mayan calendar at all. But solar maximum isn't a prophecy.

The Mayans are not a matter of belief. They are a fact civilization. Their religion (and prophecies) is a matter of belief.

So what is this solar maximum you're talking about? Should I take cover as someone bends over?

thcuteness 07-26-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zombiedoll (Post 752281)
I heard a theory involving the frequency of the earth...
The military times all of it's programs off of the pounding frequency of the earth. It's like a heartbeat; the core of the earth pulsates at a certain rate. For all the time we've known it exists, the frequency has been at 7.3 or something close to that. In the 80's, the frequency changed to 8.7 or something close. Now, emotions also have their own specific frequencies, on the same wavelength as the earth's frequency. The higher the frequency, the more positive the emotion. The highest frequency is 13, which is love. Since the earth's frequency noticeably changed in the 80's, it has been increasing every year or so. It is said that the frequency, in the "Dark Ages," was very low; explaining the plague, famine, war, all of the very negative things. Of course we still have all of the tribulations we had when the frequency was so low. However, at this point in time, we seem to have many more people trying to better our world. The person the crafted this theory says this is due to the increasing frequency of the earth. Now, since the noticeable increase of frequency in the 80's, it has been increasing at a swifter rate every year. It is said that by December 21, 2012, the earth's frequency will become 13, and the world will ascend into the fourth dimension, and then, shortly after, into the 5th. Ascension is an act of a planet (or person), in this case the Earth, increasing its light to a point where they are able to operate in the 5th dimension and move from existence in a third dimension. Earth is currently a 3rd dimensional planet with the 4th dimension around her. As she ascends, she will take with her all life forms who are linked to her vibration. Simply put - the plant and elemental worlds; insect world, most animals; land and oceans, and all those of the human race who have chosen to live through their heart rather than the head, will be linked with her. Choosing to live through the heart and a place of love causes a person's personal vibration to become lighter/faster which links them to the Earth's frequency.

Make what you will of it. Not saying I believe it. Not saying it's the truth, or the only theory that makes sense.
I didn't really go into it in detail, but there are scientific truths to this theory, as well as diverse religious relevance.
It's an interesting idea. I like it.

Thats an interesting theory, where did you hear this?

Skuu 07-26-2009 01:30 PM

There's so much hocus pocus in this thread. It's fine as a scary story but if you're actually worried that the world might end then actually find some scientific analysis of the Mayan calendar.

You can spin any story and make it sound truthy by saying it has some science in it, or seems true in some way. But on this matter there's already a confident academic assessment of the details(url). Any other speculation is just fanciful.

Don't expect me to reply to any challenges to this as I've already given my piece on this issue. If you don't agree with the relevant academics on the issue, then we've got nothing to talk about.

Tenchu 07-26-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

The military times all of it's programs off of the pounding frequency of the earth.

No they don't.

Quote:

It is said that the frequency, in the "Dark Ages," was very low; explaining the plague, famine, war, all of the very negative things.

That was only in the west. In the east, at this time, were flourishing civilizations. Funny that.

Quote:

However, at this point in time, we seem to have many more people trying to better our world.

Who?

Video or it isn't happening.

Quote:

It is said that by December 21, 2012, the earth's frequency will become 13, and the world will ascend into the fourth dimension, and then, shortly after, into the 5th. Ascension is an act of a planet (or person), in this case the Earth, increasing its light to a point where they are able to operate in the 5th dimension and move from existence in a third dimension.

This is sounding familiar... is it by the same person who wrote Alice in Wonderland?

Quote:

As she ascends, she will take with her all life forms who are linked to her vibration. Simply put - the plant and elemental worlds; insect world, most animals; land and oceans, and all those of the human race who have chosen to live through their heart rather than the head, will be linked with her. Choosing to live through the heart and a place of love causes a person's personal vibration to become lighter/faster which links them to the Earth's frequency.

Make what you will of it. Not saying I believe it. Not saying it's the truth, or the only theory that makes sense.
I didn't really go into it in detail, but there are scientific truths to this theory, as well as diverse religious relevance.

I'm starting to think you may literally be Alice...

Quote:

You know, Star Wars Jedi, the force, is an official religion!

iPhantom 07-26-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchu (Post 752545)
The Mayans are not a matter of belief. They are a fact civilization. Their religion (and prophecies) is a matter of belief.

So what is this solar maximum you're talking about? Should I take cover as someone bends over?

The last solar maximum took down a whole city's electricity. The next one is predicted to be much powerful (by NASA, not a prophecy), and it could be so damaging to take the whole world electricity and also shift poles.

No moar electricity.

All you who want to tell 2012 is a conspiracy just attack the Mayans calendar, the last 2 pages I've been mentioning solar maximum but you continue talking about Mayan calendar ignoring me. IDGAF about that damn calendar.

Skuu 07-26-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 752609)
it could be so damaging to take the whole world electricity and also shift poles.

OK. Fascinating. Let's hope it doesn't, and if it does, we cope as best we can. End of. Don't just bring this into a discussion about the Mayan calendar, stoking people's fears.

The Mayan stuff is bunk.

Huge damage from solar flares may happen, may not in the coming years.

Everyone, don't get your world view from unaccredited internet theories.