JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-08-2008, 09:14 AM

Well I've finished my exams! I pretty much failed one, but that's okay since I don't care about that one ~ The rest I think I did okay! I pretty much know that I got a C in art since the teacher actually told me... which I'm quite dissapointed in. But it's a massive and time consuming subject and I had other things to do so meh. I'm doing well in Product Design and Media so hopefully those will go okay. I'm hoping for at least one A but I'm not so sure! ~
(#112 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

06-08-2008, 09:19 AM

I had to take some of my GED exams the other day. Insanely easy, I was expecting Trigonometry and I got Artithmetic. And the Mathematics portion was supposed to be the hardest for me. And I blew though that, kinda dissapoints me y'know?

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria
(#113 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
06-08-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
I honestly think it's just a little difference between British English and American. At least, in this Uni they're teaching American!
But Hisu is British and he agrees that from is correct only when wanting to emphasize the origin of the material. Otherwise it's better to use of.

Anyways, I'm starting exams on Tuesday. I'm so anxious I might pass out any minute.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#114 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-08-2008, 12:34 PM

Exam finished...End of my University 2nd years...can't wait to finish Uniiii!

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#115 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-08-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
But Hisu is British and he agrees that from is correct only when wanting to emphasize the origin of the material. Otherwise it's better to use of.

Anyways, I'm starting exams on Tuesday. I'm so anxious I might pass out any minute.
Normally, I don't get so worked up about exams, but this time I really did! I was so anxious which is unusual for me. I don't know why that was, I guess it's because I was really not confident about an exam so that made me really nervous.

This stupid women made it worse, because you know when you are writing an essay question, you need to time your answers? Or at least be able to see the clock to know what time the exam is going to finish. I was put in a weird seat in which I couldn't see it, so I asked her politely if I could move to see the time, and she said no! I was like wtf. I got up and moved anyway and she gave me proper evil stares but it was supposed to be exam conditions so she couldn't exactly shout at me. I had the whole hall looking at me because of that stupid women ¬_¬ I went out and bought a watch for all the exams I had after that. And I got an evil lecture at the end from her.
(#116 (permalink))
Old
Cyasarin (Offline)
Surfer.Chic [no cold! =D]

Send a message via MSN to Cyasarin Send a message via Yahoo to Cyasarin
06-08-2008, 05:17 PM

I finished all my exams Wednesday. I did pretty good on them. I got a B+ on my geometry and an A- on my English EOC. I haven't gotten back any other scores but I'm very confident that I did well. It's the first time my dad flat out told me he was proud of me. ^_^

+ Summer '08 +
[[cause it's gonna be hot]]
(#117 (permalink))
Old
Nathan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-08-2008, 05:23 PM

Just butting in here, don't mind me.

Throwing in my two cents on the of/from issue.

I would use made of just to say the major material used in its creation.
For example, the example "made from long haired sheep", I understand the material origin. But if it was changed to "made of long haired sheep" I would think you ground up whole sheep

But you could alter it to be "made (up) of long haired sheep fur" to be more specific.
(#118 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

06-09-2008, 01:45 AM

Well I already finished school for the summer. But starting this past year some of us got exempt from exams. I got exempted twice.
(#119 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

06-09-2008, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
Well I already finished school for the summer. But starting this past year some of us got exempt from exams. I got exempted twice.
Why's that? That kinda thing doesn't exist where I got educated!
(#120 (permalink))
Old
Nathan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-09-2008, 06:21 AM

The high school I went to, up to grade 9 the teacher could exempt the top students in his/her class from the final exams, as they were teacher-prepared and not national exams (called Departmentals, in Canada, national-standard exams). From grade 10 up however no one could be exempted.