JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   what type(s) of music do you listen to? who's your favorite artist? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/20231-what-type%28s%29-music-do-you-listen-whos-your-favorite-artist.html)

Aniymay 10-22-2008 04:10 PM

what type(s) of music do you listen to? who's your favorite artist?

My fav. types of music are rock "n" roll, techno, and old school rap.(some times country) My favorite artist is Avril Lavigne
pinksong: SHE'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE POP ARTIST!!!! Even if I'm black, I love her songs!!! I have 3 of her cds, and the dvd of her first concert in Buffalow, NY.

Its sooooo awsome. So what's your's? ^_^LLL

heh heh i've just made a pure idiot of my self with this thread:whiteflag: ..... go ahead and say it u know what i did was wrong... so to change it...

MY FAV ALTERNATIVE BAND GreenDay:puccasmile: !!!!! they r sooo cool, i like their song Wake me up when september ends. Its perfect to listen 2 on a rainy day... Also i like thier newer songs right now like Know UR enemy, and 21 Guns! SWEETT!!!!:pinkclap:

theAlphaDuck 10-22-2008 04:18 PM

infected mushroom....oh YES!

especially thier song

JEENAGE...if you havnt heard it...then get yo self a copy

Nickel 10-22-2008 05:45 PM

The Dresden Dolls are my gods! They are the best music duo since Simon and Garfunkel!!

MissMisa 10-22-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickel (Post 613248)
The Dresden Dolls are my gods! They are the best music duo since Simon and Garfunkel!!

Oh I love those two! Their songs are so different. And I love how they post all their hate mail on their website.

clairebear 10-22-2008 06:20 PM

Avril Lavigne is a rock n roll artist...? O.O

MissMisa 10-22-2008 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear (Post 613286)

Haha I know to be honest she's way more pop.

clairebear 10-22-2008 06:31 PM

Definetely. xD

I like Avril's old music, but I hate the whole "Hey hey, you you, I dont like your girlfriend!" and "I'm the best damn thing that your eyes have ever seen" thing she's doing now. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm pretty sure that most members here can guess who my favourite singer is - Christina Aguilera. I used to own some of her albums, but I wasnt a BIG fan of her until about..late 2007 when I got her Back to Basics album.

I also listen to J-rock, and I really like J-Pop [Ayumi Hamasaki and Utada Hikaru]

Crani 10-22-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear (Post 613286)

That one confused me too...

Alice Cooper is my favorite artist, he's just a god, 25 years and although his latest CD didn't reach my expectations, he's still as good as when he started.

MissMisa 10-22-2008 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear (Post 613299)
Definetely. xD

I like Avril's old music, but I hate the whole "Hey hey, you you, I dont like your girlfriend!" and "I'm the best damn thing that your eyes have ever seen" thing she's doing now. :rolleyes:

God I know. She seemed like she used to sing what she wanted to, but that new song was like blatantly irrelevant to her because doesn't she have a boyfriend? It was just some manufactured pop shite that ruined her, LOL.

clairebear 10-22-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 613306)
God I know. She seemed like she used to sing what she wanted to, but that new song was like blatantly irrelevant to her because doesn't she have a boyfriend? It was just some manufactured pop shite that ruined her, LOL.

I'm pretty sure she's married. Now I dont really respect her or her music, she just turned herself into another..*cough* Britney ;)

Excessum 10-22-2008 07:19 PM

I listen to a lot of different directions of music, the biggest part, however, consists of various subgenres of heavy metal, electronica, neo-classics and symphonic music... and a vast amount of various stuff in between them. However i am very picky when it comes to the music i listen to... and there aren't all that many bands/artists that make their way into my constant playlist.

As for my favorite band at the moment... it is Dark Tranquillity.
PS. My Last.fm profile page.

YoruKage 10-22-2008 07:37 PM

Well, I listen to a variety of music. However, I love Rock the most! Right now, The Lostprophets are meh fave band! :3

CrazyLee 10-22-2008 08:05 PM

I've got weird tastes in music. A mix of Japanese (obviously, but it doesn't really matter on the genre), rock, metal....and some pop. Very odd mix, thogh at the minute my favourite is probablt Dragonforce. Speed Metal for the win!

CarleyGee 10-22-2008 08:10 PM

Favorite Artist : A Perfect Circle or A Fine Frenzy

I usally listen to rock.
NOT J-Rock, just regular rock.

Sketchy 10-22-2008 08:29 PM

I'll listen to any kind really if It sounds good to me, no particular favourite band or genre, I probably go through every possible category out there when listening to music on my computer/mp3 player. Can't say I'm big into Japanese stuff though, don't listen to much.

Aota 10-22-2008 08:34 PM

Punk-Sex Pistols
Jazz-Seatbelts
Electronica-Thievery Corporation
Rock-PIERROT
Rap-Rhymester or Back-On
Funk-Gorillaz

lself 10-22-2008 09:11 PM

I like jrock/visual kei(i know how predictable). But i also like classic rock, and alternative rock etc. I like Modest Mouse a lot and Franz Ferdinand and the White Stripes(probably my fave), and I really like 94.7 radio station, which is an alternative station that plays local stuff.

DSX 10-22-2008 09:48 PM

I listen to a variety of music, excluding most of rap and RnB because most of it is the same crap over and over.

For a favorite, I definately pick King Diamond. Best black metal I've ever heard.

LucyL 10-23-2008 02:29 AM

I can't pick just one genre of music I like so many.

My favorite bands are: Rammstein, Genitorturers, Gwar, Disturbed, D'espairsRay, and Dir En Grey.

Abasio 10-23-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAlphaDuck (Post 613212)
infected mushroom....oh YES!

especially thier song

JEENAGE...if you havnt heard it...then get yo self a copy

I preferred Classical Mushroom & The Gathering to their later stuff. They are still innovative but Dudev's singing makes me cringe :chikasfrown:

I love Goa Trance, Psy Trance, Psychill, Ketamine Trance, Ambient & IDM

favourite artists are Hallucinogen, Jikkenteki, Shpongle, Solar Fields, Ishq & Secede respectively

Nickel 10-23-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 613282)
Oh I love those two! Their songs are so different. And I love how they post all their hate mail on their website.

Gosh, I know! They are the coolest musicans ever!!

Not to mention, they concerts rock! I got to go too one and it kicked major ass!!

Alvinho 10-23-2008 05:24 PM

I have no only one band, singer or musical style...

Mine fave musical styles are 80's, Reggae Dub, Techno, a bit of pop rock and songs sungs in Spanish, Italian, French and Romanian.

I like Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Keane, Soda Stereo, Camouflage, DJ Project, UB40, Juanes, Bebel Gilberto....

xxJustMexx 10-28-2008 06:43 AM

I don't have just one genre. But probably my favorite band is
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE........Sorry, I got bored, thought I'd make it colorful...:D

Acidreptile 10-28-2008 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aniymay (Post 613205)
My fav. types of music are rock "n" roll, techno, and old school rap.(some times country) My favorite artist is...
AVRIL LAVIGNE:pinksong: SHE'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE ROCK 'N' ROLL ARTISTS!!!! Even if I'm black, I love her songs!!! I have 3 of her cds, and the dvd of her first concert in Buffalow, NY.

Its sooooo awsome. So what's your's? ^_^LLL

HAHAHAHAHA.

This bitch is NOT rock'n'roll kid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxJustMexx (Post 617056)
I don't have just one genre. But probably my favorite band is
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE........Sorry, I got bored, thought I'd make it colorful...:D

Yes this band is very cool.

xxJustMexx 10-28-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acidreptile (Post 617060)
Yes this band is very cool.

Yes, yes it is.

FlyingShutterShades 10-31-2008 04:43 PM

i like rock, techno and rap. my favorite bands and artsits are rage against the machine, cypress hill, lil' wayne and t.i.

0Kurisu0 10-31-2008 04:50 PM

@aniymay
I must agree with Acidreptile >< Avril Lavinge is not Rock. Rock is Led Zeppelin, for example, and if you disagree that, we'll have a problem xDD

Rose 10-31-2008 05:37 PM

My favorite music genre is punk, but i also listen to a lot of Hard Rock, Classic rock, classical music and most recently Jrock.

My favorite band of all time is Guns n' Roses

FlyingShutterShades 11-01-2008 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0Kurisu0 (Post 619216)
@aniymay
I must agree with Acidreptile >< Avril Lavinge is not Rock. Rock is Led Zeppelin, for example, and if you disagree that, we'll have a problem xDD

someone said avril lavinge was rock?? she's pop, she says she's rock. yes, rock is defintely led zepplin, black sabbath, nirvana, rage against the machine and all that stuff.

Crani 11-01-2008 01:49 AM

Lets make one thing clear, Black Sabbath are not rock, they're (the granddaddys of) heavy-metal, and not rock... Just because they where caught in the middle of the big bum of British rock bands, doesn't they are in fact a rock band.

FlyingShutterShades 11-01-2008 02:47 AM

ok fine, i was just using them as reference because most people, incorrectly i guess, think they're rock.

Sutiiven 11-01-2008 08:10 AM

Well Black/Death metal. Industrial.60's and 70's rock. very little country.Stuff like smashing pumpkins or behemoth or Marduk,Emperor,Darkfuneral,Amon Amarth and Rotting Christ :vsign:

Dhira2Dharma 11-01-2008 01:35 PM

i am into:

Crusties:
Contravene, Aus-Rotten, RESIST, Caustic Christ

Poweviolence:
SPAZZ, Dropdead

Punk:
Anti-flag, Rise Against, 7 seconds

Hardcore:

Death before Dishonor, Madball, Shai-hulud, Shelter

xxJustMexx 11-03-2008 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose (Post 619231)
My favorite music genre is punk, but i also listen to a lot of Hard Rock, Classic rock, classical music and most recently Jrock.

My favorite band of all time is Guns n' Roses

I like this band as well they're awsome.:D

Rose 11-03-2008 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxJustMexx (Post 620474)
I like this band as well they're awsome.:D

Hell yeah they are. What's your favorite song by them?

xYinniex 11-03-2008 10:01 AM

I'm not really too picky. My playlist consists of
Jpop/Jrock/Rock/Pop/Instrumentals/osts/kpop/RnB/hiphop/rap/.

Haha. i change my favourite bands too often.

xxJustMexx 11-10-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose (Post 620475)
Hell yeah they are. What's your favorite song by them?

Ummm,........Crap, I forgot the name of that one song, I'll tell you when I remember.......It's gonna bother me now........

Britaniya 01-04-2009 03:25 AM

jrock,
and mostly stuff that no one has heard in 30 years...

kowaomote 01-04-2009 03:33 AM

I like metal and my favorite band is Black Sabbath. :)

Aota 01-04-2009 03:34 AM

J-Rock, J-Pop, some metal, lots of jazz and blues, RnB, mostly British punk, and a lot of other stuff.