JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Male hygiene and "beauty" (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/20393-male-hygiene-%22beauty%22.html)

Salvanas 10-28-2008 06:45 PM

Male hygiene and "beauty"

We have a female version, and no doubt there are men out there who like to look after themselves as much a woman likes to. So here's a thread dedicated to the male part of JF.

Now onto an actual topic. Am I the only one here who shaves his armpits?

Crani 10-28-2008 06:52 PM

Maybe, I personally don't shave my armpits, nor any other part of my body with the exception of the face, tried once shaving my chest, bad move... I should have listened to Kramer on Seinfeld...

MMM 10-28-2008 06:53 PM

Why in the world to you shave your armpits?

kenmei 10-28-2008 06:55 PM

Only parts I shave/trim are my face and naughty bits ;)

sailorkittehxoxo 10-28-2008 06:59 PM

i shave everything. XD

Suki 10-28-2008 07:13 PM

Ewwwk Salvanas, don't shave your armpits. You're a guy, it's okay if you don't xD And anyway, if anything use wax but for God's sake don't use a goddamn razor on that part of your body (or any other, in my opinion).

Salvanas 10-28-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 617251)
Why in the world to you shave your armpits?

It stops body odour from under the armpits.

Yes, I know you can use deodorant or anti perspirant, but whatever you do, the hair under your armpits will always cause odour. The best way to get rid of that, is to shave under your pits, and then just use Anti-perspirant. I haven't smelt of BO for a long while, due to this method.

Salvanas 10-28-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suki (Post 617263)
Ewwwk Salvanas, don't shave your armpits. You're a guy, it's okay if you don't xD And anyway, if anything use wax but for God's sake don't use a goddamn razor on that part of your body (or any other, in my opinion).

Waxing is just painful, and it would cause irritation under my armpits. I'd rather have no hair there, and smell clean than having hair there because people think that it's "manly".

Anyways, I have enough hair on my chest to make up for it.

Aniki 10-28-2008 07:46 PM

Alas Salvanas, you're not the only one who shaves your armpits.

But I hate having hair on my chest as much as under my armpits.

sailorkittehxoxo 10-28-2008 07:52 PM

im with ya.

but im only almost 13 so i shave my legs, arms, and armpits.

Aniki 10-28-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailorkittehxoxo (Post 617281)
But im only almost 13 so i shave my legs, arms, and armpits.

Your 13? At your age there isn't much to shave there

Salvanas 10-28-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

im with ya.

That's awfully young. I started shaving my pits and any other hair around my 14-15's

Jaydelart 10-28-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aniki (Post 617283)
Your 13? At your age there isn't much to shave there

I lol'd IRL.

sailorkittehxoxo 10-28-2008 08:01 PM

oh but i dont like it XD
i dont like how it smells. and i think everybody that thinks hairyness is "manly" or "the right thing to do" im going with what i think.

Drakedog86 10-28-2008 08:02 PM

I am not one to shave my body hair. I do wax though. I do not have issues with body odor, and I have armpit hair. I do like looking clean shaved and well kept. Girls love that.

kenmei 10-28-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 617267)
Waxing is just painful, and it would cause irritation under my armpits. I'd rather have no hair there, and smell clean than having hair there because people think that it's "manly".

Anyways, I have enough hair on my chest to make up for it.

have you thought of getting it removed via laser?

my gf does this every few months and it hardly grows back

Salvanas 10-28-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenmei (Post 617293)
have you thought of getting it removed via laser?

my gf does this every few months and it hardly grows back

I doubt I'll pay money to get something done which I can just do myself.

MissMisa 10-28-2008 08:14 PM

I hate man hair. I hate woman hair too! I'd prefer if it men had hair nowhere including armpits! It's all curly and sweaty and UGH. Yeah that's my opinion on it.

Crani 10-28-2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suki (Post 617263)

Yes, don't use any razor, it will just make your hair grow thicker and it will look horrible, worst then letting it be, and it'll grow faster every time you take it, so whatever you do don't use a razor, wax is better.

Ucho 10-28-2008 08:45 PM

Dont think there is anything wrong with shaving your armpits, male nor female. You see more man with hair under their armpits then without but every year I see more and more men that shaved their armpits on vacation.

Suki 10-28-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 617267)

It may be more painful but the results are way better, and it takes weeks for the hair to grow back out. Irritation? No way. Your skin will get used to it after the first few times to a point where it won't hurt that bad anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crani
Yes, don't use any razor, it will just make your hair grow thicker and it will look horrible, worst then letting it be, and it'll grow faster every time you take it, so whatever you do don't use a razor, wax is better.

Exacatly.

yuujirou 10-28-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 617297)
I hate man hair. I hate woman hair too! I'd prefer if it men had hair nowhere including armpits! It's all curly and sweaty and UGH. Yeah that's my opinion on it.

yours and mine >.>''

yuujirou 10-28-2008 09:26 PM

oh and when it comes to leg and facial hair....
>.>'''
yuujirou tweezes >.>''

Miyavifan 10-28-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuujirou (Post 617334)
oh and when it comes to leg and facial hair....
>.>'''
yuujirou tweezes >.>''

one word... ow...

(I like your sig pic, btw)

yuujirou 10-28-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyavifan (Post 617337)
one word... ow...

(I like your sig pic, btw)

not really xD

after a bit you get used to it >.>''

a while back.. i think i actually enjoyed the pain >.>''
but after not doing it for a few months... it hurt when i started tweezing again...
anyway
i hate those itty witty black dots that are left behind by razors
>.>'''
tweezing is the only way to make sure all the hair is gone xDD

(oh and thankies <3 ^_^ )

Drend 10-28-2008 10:07 PM

The only thing I shave would be my face. I have to keep my lame peachfuzz mustache for cosplay : |

Miyavifan 10-28-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuujirou (Post 617340)
not really xD

after a bit you get used to it >.>''

a while back.. i think i actually enjoyed the pain >.>''
but after not doing it for a few months... it hurt when i started tweezing again...
anyway
i hate those itty witty black dots that are left behind by razors
>.>'''
tweezing is the only way to make sure all the hair is gone xDD

(oh and thankies <3 ^_^ )

I hate those too.
maybe I can at least tweeze those.
(I know, this is a male thread...)

You're welcome. oh... I can't recall if I had asked you a question, some time back... I'll PM ya.

clairebear 10-28-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 617247)
Am I the only one here who shaves his armpits?

Respect +1 xD

Hairy armpits are...ewww.

DSX 10-28-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

im with ya.

Early bloomer?

clairebear 10-28-2008 10:54 PM

I (and most of my friends) started shaving at around age 13 aswell. Its not all that unusual. Maybe guys grow hair at an older age? x)

DSX 10-28-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear (Post 617378)
I (and most of my friends) started shaving at around age 13 aswell. Its not all that unusual.

It's not that it's unusual, but early bloomer, yes?

Yuna7780 10-28-2008 10:55 PM

*appluads men who shave their pits*

See, I think it's okay for guys to have a little hair. If it's a jungle, Yuna no like. If you aren't a caveman, it's fine. I also think that if you have blond hair, the hair doesn't look bad either on your legs, arms, etc.

What really pisses me off about my brother shaving... Okay, he's a grown adult, but is still irritating as ever. He shaves his ass and always moons me. My eyes bleed. Whenever he's home and shaves his face, he lets all of the hair go down MY sink and clogs it all up. I take a half hour cleaning it all out, and then put plumping liquid into the sink to get what I can't. He doesn't even bother to clean up the area around MY sink after he shaves his face and head and I usually find hair in my toothbrush bristles.

I know this one girl, who's really annoying but everybody likes, who shaves her arms. She has really dark hair and her arms are hairy. Now it's darker and worse than before because she shaves it sometimes. gaaaah!

As for me, my legs are always silky and happy. :)

clairebear 10-28-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSX (Post 617379)
It's not that it's unusual, but early bloomer, yes?

Then I think the majority of kids are early bloomers =P

Payne222 10-28-2008 10:57 PM

Uhm, I shave my face?
That's about it.
I'm not in swimming or anything...
so there's no reason to shave anything else!
XDD

Crani 10-28-2008 11:22 PM

13, sounds about the age where you should start getting some fur and trying to get your way around the razor (And does awesome cuts that come with first time razor handling...»_»)
Boy, for a man's thread this one is highly infested with chicks, not that it is a bad thing, it's good to have a female view in this type of things.

Aniki 10-28-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna7780 (Post 617380)
What really pisses me off about my brother shaving... Okay, he's a grown adult, but is still irritating as ever. He shaves his ass and always moons me. My eyes bleed. Whenever he's home and shaves his face, he lets all of the hair go down MY sink and clogs it all up. I take a half hour cleaning it all out, and then put plumping liquid into the sink to get what I can't. He doesn't even bother to clean up the area around MY sink after he shaves his face and head and I usually find hair in my toothbrush bristles.

The next time your brother clogs the sink, just take some of the hair out and when he won't be looking throw it in his coffee mug, tea cup, bear can, or whatever he's drinkin'. When that'll get his attention, just say something so he would understand, that if there's nothing that clogs the sink than there's nothin' his cup, if there's something in the sink then he'd be sure to find it in his cup.

Man Yuna, you're absolutely clueless when it comes to fighting the great brother-sister war

Koir 10-28-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydelart (Post 617288)
I lol'd IRL.

So did I. Must be the college stress.

sailorkittehxoxo 10-29-2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSX (Post 617376)
Early bloomer?

yeah. it sucks.

DSX 10-29-2008 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailorkittehxoxo (Post 617420)
yeah. it sucks.

Just you wait, dude.

Aniki 10-29-2008 12:10 AM

Correction: Just you wait, dude it gonna get worse with every year