(#131 (permalink))
Old
Kajitsu (Offline)
Is a very strange fruit.

12-16-2008, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Situational for sure.
Sorry for quoting the first page, but...
I love you for that.

Depression is an illness.
Depression often leads to self-inflicted pain.
Self-inflicted pain leads to questions asked by other people that are unintelligent enough to speak up.
Questions like that lead to depression.
It goes in a cycle like that. Some people wear gloves and long sleeves for a reason.
So the goddamn questions stop!!

Avatar credit to Tejou from Digik Designs
(#132 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-16-2008, 01:53 AM

You know, self inflicted pain is just stupid. No matter what the reason is, it's something normal humans dont do.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#133 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

12-16-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superheel View Post
You know, self inflicted pain is just stupid. No matter what the reason is, it's something normal humans dont do.
No, they dont, but then first you'd have to define "normal"

self harm is a prevalent problem, and it is growing, but it is not stupid.
Not to those who do it who feel it is the only way to escape their emotional pain and turmoil, or for those who don't know how to, or can't ask for help.

please do not try to generalise, or label something that you don't understand and that you will (hopefully) never experience.

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#134 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-16-2008, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen_Goth View Post
No, they dont, but then first you'd have to define "normal"

Not to those who do it who feel it is the only way to escape their emotional pain and turmoil, or for those who don't know how to, or can't ask for help.

please do not try to generalise, or label something that you don't understand and that you will (hopefully) never experience.
That just sounds very Emo to me. Feeling it's the only way to escape emotional pain? With all do respect that just sound ridiculous to me. I view them as "people who give up easily". Instead of trying to be happy, they'll just sit on one corner and cut themselves or do all these painful stuff to themselves? Does hurting yourself make you feel better? Hell no, it just brings more tears and thoughts like "I'm a loser, I should die.". Then theres these bands that do these to themselves while onstage, for me, they are posers and are just doing it so people will think that they are cool. Oh what the heck, you'd never understand people like me who gives so much importance to my God given body. Oh well, nothing personal.

(#135 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
12-16-2008, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajitsu View Post
Sorry for quoting the first page, but...
I love you for that.

Self-inflicted pain leads to questions asked by other people that are unintelligent enough to speak up.
Questions like that lead to depression.
It goes in a cycle like that. Some people wear gloves and long sleeves for a reason.
So the goddamn questions stop!!
I agree, trying to understand why some people try to kill themselves because of a mental illness is just plain stupid. Hell, we should just let the cancer patients die then, since it's be retarded to try to question them about it to try to find a cure for such a horrible disease.

Nice line of thinking. Next time you have a great idea to prevent further development of the human mind and condition, fall into a well.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#136 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

12-16-2008, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Does hurting yourself make you feel better?
yes it does In fact; as i stated; you are obviously one who has never had to deal with depression, and the problems it brings; you are lucky.
Quote:
That just sounds very Emo to me.
and that i find extremely disrespectful, and potentially hurtful.

Emo. is something else; its something wrong; self harm of any-kind is a bad thing; i'm not aruing against that; but self harm to "fit in" or because it's fashionable, or because their celebrity idols do it... that takes a worrying state of mind; possibly more worrying that depression.

Gah; i promised myself i wouldn't get involved with this thread; its something i feel too much about, something i've had to deal with a little too much IRL. this will be my last post here; please don't mis-quote me, or try to summarise my feelings or thoughts without any knowledge of who I am, or what my life has been.

if i do find that people are being disrespectful of me, or anyone else within this thread there will be a PM on it's way

If anyone does want to know more, has any questions, or problems about this subject, do PM me, i don't bite (often)

*typical, now my internet goes down ><*

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#137 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-16-2008, 02:47 AM

Sometimes theres just 2 people who will never agree with each other. I didnt mean it to be disrespectful, but oh well. I don't like arguments either, i'm just expressing my opinion. Well, see you around.

(#138 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

12-16-2008, 02:48 AM

Quote:
That just sounds very Emo to me. Feeling it's the only way to escape emotional pain? With all do respect that just sound ridiculous to me. I view them as "people who give up easily". Instead of trying to be happy, they'll just sit on one corner and cut themselves or do all these painful stuff to themselves? Does hurting yourself make you feel better? Hell no, it just brings more tears and thoughts like "I'm a loser, I should die.". Then theres these bands that do these to themselves while onstage, for me, they are posers and are just doing it so people will think that they are cool. Oh what the heck, you'd never understand people like me who gives so much importance to my God given body. Oh well, nothing personal.
You can give all the respect to YOUR God given body but if you can't even begin to understand anyone elses pain and generalise so extremely, you fail utterly.

Like its been discussed, cutting yourself is not always done by people who are looking for attention and whatnot. It is a problem which gives them a respite from a depressive state. I might not personally think its right to cut yourself either and would agree with you on that point but I won't generalise everyone who does it and look down on them for it.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#139 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
12-16-2008, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen_Goth View Post
Then they need to learn a healthier way to escape their emotions. Self inflicted pain is stupid. I'm not saying that from pure opinion alone, I'm saying that based on what I've seen come from one of my friends.

Well, to say the least, she's an ex-friend who happens to be the best friend of one of my friends. I don't talk to her directly, but my friend does. He carries her hardships with him. She affects him a lot more then you could possibly believe. She's hurting and tearing another person down because she has no other way to get rid of her emotional turmoil then to hurt herself.

No, through HER eyes it's not a bad thing. But what about through his eyes? And through my eyes? Her eyes are muddled, and she can't even think straight anymore. It's stupid that she has done this to herself, and now she'll be dead within a year, and probably bring my friend down with her.

But through her eyes...she hasn't done anything wrong...
(#140 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-16-2008, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
You can give all the respect to YOUR God given body but if you can't even begin to understand anyone elses pain and generalise so extremely, you fail utterly.

Like its been discussed, cutting yourself is not always done by people who are looking for attention and whatnot. It is a problem which gives them a respite from a depressive state. I might not personally think its right to cut yourself either and would agree with you on that point but I won't generalise everyone who does it and look down on them for it.
I'm not looking down at them. What i'm trying to say is the idea of inflicting pain to self is stupid. And I'm right, they just easily give up, instead of doing something.I don't know if you misinterpret me, but I'm not looking down at them, or that's what I'm trying to say atleast.