JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Have you respect left for the Japanese government?
No 13 15.66%
Yes 34 40.96%
Little bit 26 31.33%
What is a "Sperm Whale"? Am I pregnant? 10 12.05%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-09-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyuga View Post
So what if they eat whale? A whole lot of other countries eat dogs and horses and all kinds of things like that.....
Usually these countries eat their OWN dogs and horses. Whales are part of a shared eco-system. (i.e. they exist in International waters)
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-09-2009, 07:40 PM

Bah.Much better be a cannibal.Flesh,yummy.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-09-2009, 07:41 PM

Yum! I had some whale (tail) sashimi in Roppongi last November. It was simply awesome!

(#24 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-09-2009, 07:43 PM

I still prefer flesh.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-09-2009, 07:57 PM

eating whale is ok but not if that species is under threat of extinction ! - in that case eat chicken MOFO'S !

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#26 (permalink))
Old
TheHazardous1 (Offline)
New to JF

02-09-2009, 08:10 PM

Meat's meat. An animal's an animal. It's just like hunting for anything else. I don't see how it's morally wrong at all. If it wasn't legal I would have to say they were doing someting wrong, but it is. As long as they don't run a species into extinction I view it as the same as any other animal being used for food. I DO however have a thing against those chasers. They risk HUMAN lives so they can save a whale's by running their ship into the Japanese'. What they're doing isn't right, what the Japanese are doing isn't right or wrong.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-09-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHazardous1 View Post
Meat's meat. An animal's an animal. It's just like hunting for anything else. I don't see how it's morally wrong at all. If it wasn't legal I would have to say they were doing someting wrong, but it is. As long as they don't run a species into extinction I view it as the same as any other animal being used for food. I DO however have a thing against those chasers. They risk HUMAN lives so they can save a whale's by running their ship into the Japanese'. What they're doing isn't right, what the Japanese are doing isn't right or wrong.
I don't care about the human lives.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-10-2009, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreptile View Post
I don't care about the human lives.
I think you would care if they were your family.
These people being put at risk all have families somewhere out there... And the activities of the renegade groups out there is literally sickening to me. Terrorism, if you ask me. Sea Shepard... *choke*

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

02-10-2009, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHazardous1 View Post
Is it still ok if you shoot a harpoon into an animals back.... chase down the wounded animal for hours, haul it on board and hack it to pieces while it's still alive?

If they killed the animals quickly and painlessly like they do livestock this would be MUCH less of an issue. I'd even be inclined to agree with you to an extent.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

02-10-2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I think you would care if they were your family.
These people being put at risk all have families somewhere out there... And the activities of the renegade groups out there is literally sickening to me. Terrorism, if you ask me. Sea Shepard... *choke*
Without the Sea shepherd we'd not be aware of the brutality of the Japanese whalers.

Though I agree that violating International maritime law by boarding and ramming other ships is a bit extreme.. I'm glad that in many cases they managed to scare whales off before the harpoon ships could catch them.

Thanks to the sea shepherd ships the Japanese whaling fleet failed to catch the amount of whales it was aiming to catch. Also thanks to the sea shepherd we know what they are up to. Currently a Japanese navy vessel is in pursuit of the sea shepherd ships in an attempt to confiscate the sea shepherd's video footage. The Japanese whaling fleet continually attempts to hide it's activities. Why?

I hope that the next time Japan tries to whale in the South Pacific the Australian and New Zealand airforce and navy works together to track the whaling fleet and scare the whales off. There is nothing wrong under International law to scare the whales away from the Japanese.