JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

03-11-2009, 05:03 PM

After vomiting (usually after drinking too much) a lot I always drink a mixture of vinegar and soda. It helps to start your stomach working.
Also, after getting a sunburn, just rub the spot you burned with vinegar and it'll hurt less.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

03-11-2009, 05:22 PM

I'm not Taiwanese or Japanese, but I could relate to enjoying drinking vinegar in some way.
My mother makes this certain kind vinegar sauce, and I often end up drinking some of it straight. It gives a good kick.

... I didn't know they accepted drinking vinegar like that in some countries, though.
That's pretty cool. I learned something new.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
una (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to una
03-11-2009, 05:39 PM

lol is vinegar really that good? To that point, of drinking it like it's some kind of soft drink?
Didn't know about that... but I don't intend to drink it anyway. >o<
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Kakashilover (Offline)
New to JF

Unhappy sad... - 03-11-2009, 05:50 PM

thats sad....

BOREDOM IS MY LIFE...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
(#25 (permalink))
Old
drinkingvinegar (Offline)
New to JF

Smile drinkingvinegar - 03-11-2009, 06:06 PM

Thank you all for your response! I was quite surprised to see so many replies.
It does appear that not many people know much about drinking vinegars, so to enlighten you i will just give you a brief introduction, to the 3 kinds of vinegars on the market.

1. Specially brewed vinegars
2. Distilled Vinegar
3. A mixture of the two above.

I think it is obvious to see, which is the better quality of vinegar, but how many read labels! A guide is price, the cheaper the vinegar, the more artificial it is, and some will just mix distilled water and acid, with no health value at all. So label reading is very important.
It is dangerous to drink vinegars, as one poster quoted, so do not drink vinegars for bets or for fun, it is a weak acid, that needs to be diluted if drinking, and only the fruit vinegars are nice anyway.

Actual ready to drink vinegars are mixed, and the acetic acid is only about 1% but all the other organic acids in vinegar are natural for the body, and come from the fermentation of the brew of aged vinegar and fruit juice. So all consumers should realise now, that everything you consume is either acid or alkaline, even all the fruits and veggies, which is why they say balance your diet.

But who does! Not many in this day and age, of fast food chains and junk food, so a drinking vinegar will supplement the food, for digestion and health benefits.

Drinking vinegars are specially brewed vinegars, in Asia mostly rice is used for vinegar because of the mellow taste. Western vinegars are quite harsh, and the apple cider vinegar, taste awful.

Although vinegar has been used for many health benefits, over 100's of years, and the Japanese are quite famous for their special brew of health vinegars, which are made by the traditional manual way, which makes them quite expensive.

The Taiwanese vinegar I am on about is specially brewed for drinking and not as a food additives, they have been developed by bio chemists, for drinking on a daily bases.

Vinegar is a weak acid and not a base although when consumed, it will have an alkaline effect on the stomach acid. This is because stomach acid is lower than the vinegar acid, stomach acid around pH 2 and vinegar pH 3 to 4.

This means that vinegar must be a neutraliser of acid and alkalines, if the pH is out of balance.

Quite logical if you think about it, a pH of 8 which would be alkaline, would be reduced with vinegar too, So we call drinking vinegar "Balance" because that is what it does. Once the pH is disturbed through diet, illness creeps in, if too alkaline, yeast infection and spots like acne may appear, and if too acidic, tummy upset and gastric problems occur.

Drinking vinegar made from brown rice vinegar is the best, because it provides the building blocks of the human body, it is critical to consume the 8 essential amino acids, the body cannot reproduce, and amino acids are protein based, hence aged brown rice is good, and Apple Cider Vinegar is not so good, when we discuss quality of amino acids, because apples have no protein, and cannot deliver the essential acids for the metabolism to function correctly.

Drinking vinegars are in fact the most healthiest beverages on the market, and the Taiwanese ones do not have a vinegar taste, it's very hard to know it's a vinegar at all.

The idea is to deliver the essential acids every day, for the body to function, or i should say to optimise the pathways of the metabolism and the quality of ATP...which is kind of a currency that the body runs on.

I proved to myself that vinegar does reduce cholesterol and all other blood lipids, by taking blood tests every month for 6 month, although i have no idea it will do the same for everyone, so more data is relative to the study.

Vinegar should break down all blood lipids, and scavenge free radicals in the body, it also effective on some cancer cells, and is more likely to be a true energy drink, when compared to energy drinks, because it does revitalise the body and cells, preventing ageing, it is a preservative and all natural and organic.

Take a look at 3000 year old Drinking Vinegar and view the various flavours and sparkling vinegars...Unfortunately you cannot get these in Japan yet!

I have tasted all of them! I will not bore you much longer, with my passion of vinegar...maybe another day or two, to enlighten those that are interested.

By the way I am English married to a Taiwanese!

Last edited by drinkingvinegar : 03-11-2009 at 06:20 PM.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

03-11-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by una View Post
lol is vinegar really that good? To that point, of drinking it like it's some kind of soft drink?
Didn't know about that... but I don't intend to drink it anyway. >o<
That is sad indeed, I guess you would rather posion yourself with sodium benzoate which is in almost all beverages, you should really take more care of your health. Coke in the UK, took sodium benzoate out of their drinks, after reading the report from the UK university on the dangers.

Although the debate is on going, but i would rather believe in todays technology advancement of testing, a preservative. Than ignoring the evidence found.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

03-11-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
After vomiting (usually after drinking too much) a lot I always drink a mixture of vinegar and soda. It helps to start your stomach working.
Also, after getting a sunburn, just rub the spot you burned with vinegar and it'll hurt less.
That's very good! Drinking vinegar is an excellent hang over drink, because it breaks down the alcohol that remains in the blood, so vinegar and soda or just plain old water is good enough.

You should drink vinegar with high glycemic foods, to reduce the sugar spikes and prevent diabetes!
(#28 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

03-11-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingonrice View Post
by vinegar...you mean like vinegar,vinegar? the base?...not sure if its good for you as a drink...tho ive heard that if your going to take a drug test(like where you pee in a cup), if you drink like 2 bottles of vinegar the drug doesn't show up in the pee
You must understand the process of vinegar making, and the metabolism, to realise that vinegar is critical for your life and if you do not get those essential acids, you will die, plain and simple fact!

Although it does also depend on the materials the vinegar is made of and in no way, the same vinegar you put on chips....vinegar is only sour wine, it's not nice, although if you ferment it with fruits, extract the fructos and then add it in again, to make it sweet, you will not know the difference between vinegar or juice, other than the traditional twinge in the back of the throat vinegar makes, but no vinegar taste.

What you wrote is cobblers by the way, everything shows up in urine, it's the flushing out system of waste products including free radicals.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

03-12-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
The mango is great mixed into orange juice. I also occasionally use them to make dipping sauces - it adds a fruity zest to things.
Remember there are 3 tpes of vinegar

1. Brewed vinegar
2. Synthetic Vinegar
3. Mix of the two above.

The brewed vinegar types are split again into 3 types

1. Grain vinegar
2. Fruit vinegar
3. Pure vinegar

Of course the best quality of drinking vinegar is the grain and fruit mixed, because this provides the 8 essential amino acids for the metabolism!
You must ensure you read labels, health vinegars have no additives or colouring, they are 100% natural and organically fermented.The 8 essential amino acids are the building blocks of cell tissue renewal and fuel for the muscles, with one cycle of the citric acid cycle producing 1 ATP
So if training and body building drink vinegar for energy and revitalising.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

03-12-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterv20 View Post
aarrg! when i was 8 years old i had a babysitter that made me drink a cup of vinegar once a day or she'd slap me.it's good for you! it will thin your blood.she'd say.
No evidence of thinning blood, however it does reduce blood lipids, and improves cardiovascular health by reducing blood pressure. Certain cancers are also prevented from forming, and free radical scavenging is flushed out through urine. Plum Vinegar being the most effective!