LinkBack Thread Tools
(#171 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-11-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
Because America's current strategic focus is in the Middle East and some parts of South Asia after the Cold War... Not East Asia.

I can't think like an American... how would I know?

What would you expect from a small American "colony" in East Asia?

You don't know much about North and South Korea anyways. You don't really have a good picture about this issue.
Focusing on cleaning up the mess the last president made and being "ignorant of Asian geopolitics" are two completely different things.

I am not sure what "thinking like an American" has to do with it. Quite the opposite. I just wanted to know what YOU would do different, but I won't ask again. I got your answer.

You don't know me, or what I know, so I am not sure why this is where you want to take this conversation. But this is how these conversations seem to always end.
(#172 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
04-11-2009, 06:48 AM

Uh oh...a Mod double posted.

猿も木から落ちる
(#173 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to cridgit001
04-11-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
North Korea has a high number of skilled workers willing to work in an extremely controlled environment... cheaper than Chinese workers and stricter than Chinese labor environment.
North Korea is one of the fewest countries in the world to have a very "unique" medical discipline in a national scale. It is enough to be worthy for an academic discussion.
North Korea has one of the fastest growing computer software industries in the world. (actually true)

North Korea has something... but they are not material resources.
How is it "unique"?

As for software, when you go from 50-500 you have a 900% growth, when you go from 5000-5200 you have 4% growth. Not hard to be the "fastest growing" when you had next to nothing to start with.
(#174 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-11-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Focusing on cleaning up the mess the last president made and being "ignorant of Asian geopolitics" are two completely different things.
I said "after the Cold War"...

Quote:
You don't know me, or what I know, so I am not sure why this is where you want to take this conversation. But this is how these conversations seem to always end.
Of course I don't know you. The only thing I know is your position on this specific issue.

You don't have enough information to understand this. Your lack of knowledge is very disturbing.

Besides, the only time when North and South Korea improved something in their relationship is when America is not involved in the bi-national events. Look at the previous South Korean president for instance who tried to improve this.

You don't know South Korea. How would you know North Korea? You have to know both of them.
(#175 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

04-11-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cridgit001 View Post
How is it "unique"?

As for software, when you go from 50-500 you have a 900% growth, when you go from 5000-5200 you have 4% growth. Not hard to be the "fastest growing" when you had next to nothing to start with.
Since the medicine practiced in North Korea is not predominantly pure western medicine.

North Korean software industry started long time ago though.
(#176 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-11-2009, 06:57 AM

So Tenchu says we should bomb N. Korea and you say we should ignore them. Sadly, neither is a realistic option.

My position is Obama has no choice but to condemn the N. Koreans for doing missile tests that violate UN sanctions.

Again, you don't know me or what I know, so I would appreciate you ceasing to tell me what I know or what I don't know. Let's stick to the topic.
(#177 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to cridgit001
04-11-2009, 06:58 AM

I don't know the boss of China right off hand, but has he said anything about the launch? Does China even care?
(#178 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-11-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cridgit001 View Post
I don't know the boss of China right off hand, but has he said anything about the launch? Does China even care?
They are of the belief that N. Korea was launching a satellite. Since they are now in the UN Security Council they were able to block censure of N. Korea in this.
(#179 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

04-11-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Again, you don't know me or what I know, so I would appreciate you ceasing to tell me what I know or what I don't know. Let's stick to the topic.
We are still on topic, MMM. What are you talking about?

I'll assume you have nothing to say. Just as I expected from you.
(#180 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-11-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
We are still on topic, MMM. What are you talking about?

I'll assume you have nothing to say. Just as I expected from you.
I have nothing to say? It's my fault for trying to squeeze blood from a stone. I give facts and ask legitimate questions and you insult my intelligence. I won't make that mistake again.