JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Korean missile... (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/24216-korean-missile.html)

Jaydelart 04-05-2009 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLuck (Post 693582)
But immediately jumping into attack mode before the accused proves you right, makes you the evildoer. It's important to be prepared but jumping without being pushed, in the world is politics, is naive.

I agree with you to a certain point.

... But what of the cost of letting the accused prove you right?
I'm not suggesting we bomb North Korea because we "think" they'll attack someone. However, the extent of our ability and the values from which our nation is founded upon - those being of Freedom and Justice - should already be clear enough that preemtive action can be justified and necessary against those that threaten and aggressively oppose them. I don't think this logic is naive.

cridgit001 04-05-2009 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 693592)
If you are taking about Global Thermonuclear War, what good are troops? It will all be submarines, planes and missiles. There will be no ground war.

Don't forget my personal favorite, Rods from God. Telephone poles of tungsten metal thrown at the earth from space. All the effects of a nuke without all the messy fallout.

Kenpachi11 04-05-2009 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cridgit001 (Post 693600)
Don't forget my personal favorite, Rods from God. Telephone poles of tungsten metal thrown at the earth from space. All the effects of a nuke without all the messy fallout.

wouldnt the tungsten burn up due to the heat of the atmospher? tungsten is also what they use for electrode in welding.

cridgit001 04-05-2009 06:14 AM

Well that's what the article said, Rods from God | Popular Science.

Kenpachi11 04-05-2009 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cridgit001 (Post 693604)
Well that's what the article said, Rods from God | Popular Science.

i still dont know...i still think the tungsten will burn..tungsten is also a really good heat conducter.

solemnclockwork 04-05-2009 07:00 AM

Well, it's like showing off wares for sell, seeing how they are undoubtedly selling weaponry to other counties. Also in light of the Nuclear tech they recently got, it puts everyone over the edge on it going on the black market. Secondly it's a rouge nation and does not care for who they would potentially kill when it comes to a sell of arms for there need for money (they are in an economic disaster). Not to mention that they threaten to shoot down any spy planes that where watching the site. Lastly the biggest concern is the potential for Iran to get a hold of this tech, leading to a more volatile situation with them.

All congress needs is 60 percent. With only 57 seats, they only need 3 Republicans to vote for there proposals to have an super majority (which means no one can stop them from passing anything). The chance for us to go to war with anyone now is next to zero, well I mean our "Overseas Contingency Plan" (War on Terror) seems to be going like he wanted. Well we are going back to 9/11 pre-mentality, if we have another "man-caused disaster" (terrorist attack) I would bet it would be Obama's fault for letting it happen. I mean he already sold out the USA to the G-20 summit, also he continues to down-play the War on Terror (closing of Gitmo without an actual plan, thus causing terrorist cases to be dropped potentially allowing them to go free). I mean how can you deny one serge and expect to get credit for another, when you won't give credit to one?

MMM 04-05-2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solemnclockwork (Post 693610)
All congress needs is 60 percent. With only 57 seats, they only need 3 Republicans to vote for there proposals to have an super majority (which means no one can stop them from passing anything).

Congress is made up of the House and the Senate. Neither of those halves of Congress are 60+% Democratic.

Quote:

The chance for us to go to war with anyone now is next to zero, well I mean our "Overseas Contingency Plan" (War on Terror) seems to be going like he wanted.

You mean not being the world's police and biggest target? I am all for that.

Who are you wanting to go to war with that we aren't already?

Quote:

Well we are going back to 9/11 pre-mentality,

We will never return to pre-9/11 mentality. What American could forget 9/11?

Quote:

if we have another "man-caused disaster" (terrorist attack) I would bet it would be Obama's fault for letting it happen.

Was 9/11 Pres. Bush's "fault for letting it happen"?

Quote:

I mean he already sold out the USA to the G-20 summit

Woah...what right-wing radio talk show host do you waste time listening to? Hannity? Limbaugh? These are not news sources, but guys paid to stir things up.

Quote:

, also he continues to down-play the War on Terror (closing of Gitmo without an actual plan, thus causing terrorist cases to be dropped potentially allowing them to go free).

and causing individuals who have been imprisoned for months, and even over a year, without being accused of a crime to finally be processed.

Quote:

I mean how can you deny one serge and expect to get credit for another, when you won't give credit to one?

I don't know what surge you are talking about, but imprisoning and torturing our enemies is not the type of behavior that gets them to back down.

This thread is full of posts filled with information that appears to be collected in schoolyards and cafeterias. Spend five minutes and read an article, people. Don't depend on what your classmate or AM radio talking head says.

Jaydelart 04-05-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 693622)
Woah...what right-wing radio talk show host do you waste time listening to? Hannity? Limbaugh? These are not news sources, but guys paid to stir things up.

I don't know. They seem similar in nature to many of the various left-wing talk shows I've seen and heard. I don't listen to a lot of Hannity or Limbaugh... But I find it funny how Liberals despise them so much.

Jaydelart 04-05-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshAussie (Post 693625)
Its because Kim Jong Il is dying and he wants to destroy America before he dies so the NK's remember him as their ultimate saviour.

NK hates America, Doesnt anybody watch "Dont tell my mother im in:" ??

People taking their kids to gun ranges so their kids can learn how to shoot incase the Americans invade. Believing that American propaganda has brainwashed the other nations. Not to mention that festival thing where they all run at fullsize cardboard figures of "Americans" and beat it with a stick.. But thats just not fun enough so they turned it into a relay race, that way everybody gets a shot.

Don't overlook the fact that some North Koreans want to escape their country. There are some sad stories of families seperated or killed in their desperate attempts to reach the South.

The way I see it, the Korean Wars aren't over yet. The DMZ is a good example of why.

MMM 04-05-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydelart (Post 693623)
I don't know. They seem similar in nature to many of the various left-wing talk shows I've seen and heard. I don't listen to a lot of Hannity or Limbaugh... But I find it funny how Liberals despise them so much.

Limbaugh: ‘I Hope Obama Fails’

We are playing tit-for-tat now, but never has a left-wing radio host or pundit wished for the American president to FAIL just to prove a point.

Why would someone wish for the president to fail?