(#61 (permalink))
Old
Shanis (Offline)
Going to be someone

Send a message via MSN to Shanis
04-05-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Today (Saturday, April 04) North Korea launched a test missile into the ocean.

Why do you think they did this? And what do you think this could lead to?
Officially they fired it in the space to install a satellite but in the clip I saw of the launch of the rocket no satellite was able to be seen (at least I don´t know how big it is, maybe it was inside) but the USA said that it hit the ocean. I actually don´t know whether they tried to install a satellite or if they wanted to test a new missile type but I don´t think it´s the first thought^^ I´m pretty sure they are testing missiles because 2 or 3 days ago north korea threatened japan with an military attack and why does north korea need a new satellite, they don´t even have enough food and water for most of the people living there and the infrastructure isn´t that good, it depends on where you want to go to but all the highways are more or less build to make the military come from one frontier to an other frontier... by the way in china it´s the same.
But I´m happy it crushed in the ocean so I now they aren´t good enough to attack other countrys and I hope they won´t do that

When do you think people die?

When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol?
No.

When they are ravaged by an incurable disease?
No.

When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom?
No!

It's when... they are forgotten.

~Dr. Hiluluk - One Piece
(#62 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to cridgit001
04-05-2009, 07:15 PM

*Props for Blazing Saddles quote*

I did hear that American fighters are patrolling the sea of Japan right now.
(#63 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-05-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solemnclockwork View Post
MMM,

did you actually listened to it? Cause if you did you can not set here and write that you didn't misconstrue anything. Like the transcript has said talking about Liberalism He even says liberalism, which is what Obama stands for.Saying that Obama fails and What he stands for are two completely different things.
Why do we need to interpret 4 words that came from Rush's mouth. He didn't say I hope liberalism fails he said he hopes Obama fails. He couldn't have said it any more simpler, and it's why he has gotten a lot of criticism over this remark. It is time to erase the lines and all work together to make the country strong again, no matter what side of the fence you are on.

Quote:
Since 2002, the Pentagon has released about 520 detainees to their home countries or counties that agreed to take them. Some have been released in full by those countries while others are still being held. It's not my fault newspaper don't report everything. He said it would never work, and has since never said he was wrong. It matters on the first surge, which he is just copying bush on tactics that may not work in Afghanistan.It sure does have something to do with what where talking about seeing how I was the one who brought it up, and you said this

I don't know what surge you are talking about, but imprisoning and torturing our enemies is not the type of behavior that gets them to back down.

Watch also this
URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4vlBgh7KLg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4vlBgh7KLg[/url]

Please, tell us with how we are torturing, unless you actually provide proof of "other" torture you cannot make that claim. What techniques are we using besides water boarding? Do you actually know they know nothing, what about those who actually gave information? they don't want to kill us because were "mean" to them, they want to kill us because where westerners. Also you don't allow enemy combatants out when a war is still going on, regardless of what you do to them there going to go back and try to kill someone else on your side.
You also don't hold people without trial indefinately without trial and use torture to get information from them. To do so goes against everything that is American.

Quote:

Please, do tell what wars besides Granada that Reagan has put us through on "war on drugs".
Nicaragua.
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

04-05-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Yeah, NK is probably a nasty place to live for most. Always sceptical about news stories but here's another: 150,000 Witness North Korea Execution

China has nukes and missiles to put them in. Well ahead of NK, so I don't think China needs any help from that direction. NK's been known to sell arms to half a dozen other countries tho, including Syria, Libya and Pakistan and there are concerns of possible collaboration between NK and Iran.
I can't tell you how much I felt for the people in this video.
(#65 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
04-05-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
I can't tell you how much I felt for the people in this video.
Agreed. The entire population of NK is dying of starvation, and yet the government is spending it's money on creating missiles.

They're in my prayers.

猿も木から落ちる
(#66 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

04-05-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Why do we need to interpret 4 words that came from Rush's mouth. He didn't say I hope liberalism fails he said he hopes Obama fails. He couldn't have said it any more simpler, and it's why he has gotten a lot of criticism over this remark. It is time to erase the lines and all work together to make the country strong again, no matter what side of the fence you are on.
You can easily misconstrue 4 words.
I've seen dozens of instances where Conservatives have misconstrued Liberal's words. Now I see it with Rush Limbaugh, and the passion is astounding.

I agree with you.
We should erase all lines and work together for the good of the country.
I only wish more people would have realized this while Bush was President... because we needed it then also.
(#67 (permalink))
Old
Payne222 (Offline)
un américain

04-05-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
And it's not "guts" that I lack. I wouldn't defend a country that I have no attachment to whatsoever.
Get out of my country then. If you don't have the respect to defend the country that you were born and raised in you don't deserve to live here.

I really despise people like you.

Go live in a country you have an "attachment" to then.
(#68 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-05-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
I only wish more people would have realized this while Bush was President... because we needed it then also.
Nah.. nothing wrong with criticising the president and working against him if you believe he is doing something wrong.

But you have to be specific and articulate in how you do it. Republicans like Rush seem to be neither when they say things like "I hope Obama fails" or "I hope Liberalism fails".
(#69 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
04-05-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne222 View Post
Get out of my country then. If you don't have the respect to defend the country that you were born and raised in you don't deserve to live here.

I really despise people like you.

Go live in a country you have an "attachment" to then.
Exactly what I plan to do, my friend. Just can't quite do it yet. But I'm working on it.

猿も木から落ちる
(#70 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

04-05-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Nah.. nothing wrong with criticising the president and working against him if you believe he is doing something wrong.

But you have to be specific and articulate in how you do it. Republicans like Rush seem to be neither when they say things like "I hope Obama fails" or "I hope Liberalism fails".
That seems too biased to me.

The meaning behind the words are more important than the words itself. Not being articulate doesn't deprive someone the right to have an opinion nor the right to express it. That being said, I agree, an effort should be made to make your meaning clear. However, in this case, the reasoning behind Rush's statements do appear to be logical, regardless of whether I agree with him or not. Listen to the explanation.

Honestly, I think Liberals are barking up the wrong tree with this argument. Just like Conservatives did with Obama's "lipstick on a pig" comment.