JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
XDemianu27X (Offline)
ハブ酒

04-29-2009, 01:51 PM

I'm sure you will be ok Vampiregirl, if you're middle aged and healthy you'll be fine.

It's little kids and elderly that are in trouble...
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

04-29-2009, 04:49 PM

What I think about all these new animal based strains of the flu viruse popping up is just the begging of how humans will no longer care for the world (Enviormentaly). Humans will become spoiled and unable to take care of themselves by THEMSELVES. Americans in gerneral will forget how to survive and when all natural resources and manmade resources are gone then america will just die.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
kei0kusanagi (Offline)
New to JF

04-29-2009, 05:13 PM

Well here in Minnesota 2 school closed because swine flu was detected @_@
(#44 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

04-29-2009, 05:33 PM

Ugh, there's confirmed cases in my country D:
(#45 (permalink))
Old
chryuop (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-29-2009, 05:40 PM

Influenza has never had real vaccine and it will never have. A few months ago they have finally discovered what causes the influenza virus, how it works and how it mutates. They have found in labs what is respansible. It was accidentally discovered while doing research on other viruses.
So at a precise question: when we are going to have a medicine that will finally cure influenza, the answer was "never". It is not thinkable to waste too much money to look for a medicine that cure a disease that it is already taken care of by reducing the effect the desease itself has on people.
Getting a vaccination in the period before winter for influenza gives the idea to people that they have all antibodies against influenza. Truth is you get protected against a tiny small amount of different kind of flue out of the hundreds existing.

Should be worried? Panic maybe is too excessive, but worrying a little bit wouldn't be wasted time in my opinion.

降り注ぐ雨 マジで冷てぇ
暗闇の中 歩くしかねぇ
everything’s gonna be okay 恐れることねぇ
辛い時こそ胸を張れ
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Pexster (Offline)
j'adore le baise tu

04-29-2009, 05:42 PM

I agree. lol But hey, atleast they are trying to do something about it.

A Dream Of Form In Days Of Thought

www.mydramalist.com

Eiri is my Property, Bitches.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

04-29-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryuop View Post
Influenza has never had real vaccine and it will never have. A few months ago they have finally discovered what causes the influenza virus, how it works and how it mutates. They have found in labs what is respansible. It was accidentally discovered while doing research on other viruses.
So at a precise question: when we are going to have a medicine that will finally cure influenza, the answer was "never". It is not thinkable to waste too much money to look for a medicine that cure a disease that it is already taken care of by reducing the effect the desease itself has on people.
Getting a vaccination in the period before winter for influenza gives the idea to people that they have all antibodies against influenza. Truth is you get protected against a tiny small amount of different kind of flue out of the hundreds existing.

Should be worried? Panic maybe is too excessive, but worrying a little bit wouldn't be wasted time in my opinion.
Agreed.
People just need to take care of themselves to prevent getting and spreading viruses.

Wash hands-Common knowledge but beleive it or not many people do NOT wash there hands, speacially children.
Everyday we come into contact with thousands of viruses.

Excersise-Getting your body into shape, a friend of mine is startin to join me in my daily routin and she use to get sick all the time but now she hasnt gotten sick for 2 years.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
LuckyLuck (Offline)
Transform Tomorrow

Send a message via MSN to LuckyLuck
04-29-2009, 09:41 PM

I think taking precaution and warning people is the best thing the government is to do at this point. It seems minor yes, but the fact is it has killed. And although the U.S and Canada both have fairly stable health systems compared to the countries where people were killed by sickness, there is still a chance of it progressing, or taking the life of a young child or elder. It's good that we overact now while it's weak, rather then face the conciseness if it progressived and got out of hand.

The path to equality is a long road to travel.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
rison (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-29-2009, 09:47 PM

A friend just told me United states authorities are considering closing the mexican borders for a few days.

Does this curb the spread in any form, already there are reported cases in Germany...also in clairebear's country- England isnt it?

Orochimaru >>>>>Akatsuki,
(#50 (permalink))
Old
rison (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-29-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuck View Post
I think taking precaution and warning people is the best thing the government is to do at this point. It seems minor yes, but the fact is it has killed. And although the U.S and Canada both have fairly stable health systems compared to the countries where people were killed by sickness, there is still a chance of it progressing, or taking the life of a young child or elder. It's good that we overact now while it's weak, rather then face the conciseness if it progressived and got out of hand.
Precaution...fine.
Overreaction....wrong.It leads to making frantic and unnecessary decision (check my above post).Is that undiplomatic or what?Now every Mexican will be screen before entering any country.

Orochimaru >>>>>Akatsuki,