JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
liljmaster (Offline)
New to JF

Graphics Assignment, Please Help!! - 05-10-2009, 07:34 AM

Hey guys,
In our class we have to design a themed bathroom, but first of all we need to base that theme on a designer,architect, or fashion style. I want to do like a traditional japanese style looking place but with ofcourse modern baths, toilets etc.

So what I want to know is who some architects are for the old japanese architecture style is eg. in the edo period or what era/style was it eg. contemporary, etc.

Thanks for the help
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Debi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-10-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljmaster View Post
Hey guys,
In our class we have to design a themed bathroom, but first of all we need to base that theme on a designer,architect, or fashion style. I want to do like a traditional japanese style looking place but with ofcourse modern baths, toilets etc.

So what I want to know is who some architects are for the old japanese architecture style is eg. in the edo period or what era/style was it eg. contemporary, etc.

Thanks for the help
I'm curious to know if there is really someone who going to do your homeworks at your place.
Google it dude.

Gimme a stick and I'll make a masterpiece out of it, go figure.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
liljmaster (Offline)
New to JF

05-10-2009, 10:17 AM

Sorry bro, but if you read what I was asking properly you would know that im asking if anyone know like the architect or the style of that time... like in the edo period.. im not asking for someone to come over... i just need a name or something to research on.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-10-2009, 11:10 AM

You can always look into the generic Japanese castles ("shiro" in Japanese) from history of warfare books.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-10-2009, 08:45 PM

They had bathrooms back then? I assumed they just washed in wooden buckets and used an outhouse or the woods, no offense to anyone of course basically every other person int he world did that.

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Dondake (Offline)
curlupwithabook-&-sleep

05-10-2009, 08:50 PM

What you are saying right now makes sense, Rose-san, but what they mean, I think, is like the basic design? With modern technology, but Japanese style.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-10-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondake View Post
What you are saying right now makes sense, Rose-san, but what they mean, I think, is like the basic design? With modern technology, but Japanese style.

Aah I see!

So like wooden floors and the shower door is glass but designed like a sliding paper door and such?

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey
(#8 (permalink))
Old
coldhazard (Offline)
~Kent~

Send a message via MSN to coldhazard
05-10-2009, 08:55 PM

People...he is just asking for an architect...that lives now..that designs houses and traditional japanese style..with modern equipment
(#9 (permalink))
Old
liljmaster (Offline)
New to JF

05-13-2009, 05:11 AM

Hey yeah.. I want to design a bathroom with the basic japanese style. Like with the Paper doors and like wooden floors etc (maybe not wooden floors) but yeah just the concept of the japanese look. Um...
Does anyone know when like the paper doors (Shouji, i think), or the mats or just the basic japanese room was designed in..?? Like what era or a date...?? Also if you know any architects or interior designers of today or in history??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 800px-Takamatsu-Castle-Building-Interior-M3488.jpg (74.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 800px-Takagike_Kashihara_JPN_001.jpg (49.5 KB, 10 views)
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Debi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-13-2009, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertherose25 View Post
They had bathrooms back then? I assumed they just washed in wooden buckets and used an outhouse or the woods, no offense to anyone of course basically every other person int he world did that.
Hmm, no. Actually the japaneses had bath houses as early as the Nara period.
The poorests of them used communal bath houses but the richest of them had bath in their houses.

Gimme a stick and I'll make a masterpiece out of it, go figure.