Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Eiri (Offline)
Random lost person

Send a message via Yahoo to Eiri
05-26-2009, 04:43 PM

politics give me a headache, as for N.K...I'm just wainting for the big pile of shit to hit the fan, cuz somewhere down the road they are going to this again and again until someone hits the wrong button (or hit it on purpose) and then we'll have an international crisis and when that happens I'll join the military

My Property:Pexster, Slykaz1

If the ocean was vodka and i was a duck,
i would go to the bottom and drink my way up
but the ocean isn't vodka and i'm no duck
so pass up the bottle and shut the hell up!

Score: Eiri: 43 Slykaz1: 78Rojjin: 59 Yuna7780: 79 reihino:15 Crani:22 Ramones1976:0 AnimeBaby:3 Arikado:1 Kikibunny23:3
(#52 (permalink))
Old
kirakira (Offline)
己所不欲勿施於人

05-27-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
He has already pissed off China and Russia. This doesn't look good even for North Korea.
China can't do crap, it has the power to collapse N. Korea but it will shoot itself in the foot as well with massive exodus of N. Koreans to its northern borders. China has enough domestic problems, last thing they need is a flood of penniless North Koreans. Not to mention military activity so close to its border by US doesn't give China any kind of warm fuzzy feeling.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-27-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirakira View Post
China can't do crap, it has the power to collapse N. Korea but it will shoot itself in the foot as well with massive exodus of N. Koreans to its northern borders. China has enough domestic problems, last thing they need is a flood of penniless North Koreans. Not to mention military activity so close to its border by US doesn't give China any kind of warm fuzzy feeling.
This is very close to a long term Catch-22 situation.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-27-2009, 11:34 AM

Komitsuki:

This looks as if it's getting pretty serious.
BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | N Korea threatens military action

The point is, would N. Korea attack if one of it's ships was to get stopped and checked?

Cheers - Oz
(#55 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-27-2009, 02:09 PM

This is a very controversial thread, and has the potential to go in a very bad direction, now forgive me in my saying so, but I don't think it's a great idea to block threads on sexuality and religion and yet allow threads like this and others that speak of nuclear weapons and the "accomplishments" of Hitler.

It's bad for everyone and nothing good will come up over debating and getting into a hot conversation over politics.

If you think I am mistaken in doing this, then PM me or any other Mod.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-28-2009, 10:01 PM

Seems the majority wants the thread open. There you go.
(#57 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

05-29-2009, 12:27 AM

So far, I hope this nuclear crisis will help impeach this stupid president at the Blue House.

He is as dangerous as Kim Jong Il. So let's see what happens since North Korea is not really insane enough to even declare a war.

Years of saber-rattling already demeans of spirit to manifest a full frontal combat.

Last edited by komitsuki : 05-29-2009 at 12:33 AM.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
Eiri (Offline)
Random lost person

Send a message via Yahoo to Eiri
05-29-2009, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
Komitsuki:

This looks as if it's getting pretty serious.
BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | N Korea threatens military action

The point is, would N. Korea attack if one of it's ships was to get stopped and checked?
yeah, you found it and posted it....

Quote:
"Any hostile act against our peaceful vessels, including search and seizure, will be considered an unpardonable infringement on our sovereignty," a spokesman for the North's army told KCNA.

"We will immediately respond with a powerful military strike."
so.......seeing as China and Russia are being skitish about Pyongyang and the stuff he's up too.....and everyone else never liked him in the first place.......and Pyongyang is being an international jerk......now what?

My Property:Pexster, Slykaz1

If the ocean was vodka and i was a duck,
i would go to the bottom and drink my way up
but the ocean isn't vodka and i'm no duck
so pass up the bottle and shut the hell up!

Score: Eiri: 43 Slykaz1: 78Rojjin: 59 Yuna7780: 79 reihino:15 Crani:22 Ramones1976:0 AnimeBaby:3 Arikado:1 Kikibunny23:3
(#59 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

05-29-2009, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiri View Post
so.......seeing as China and Russia are being skitish about Pyongyang and the stuff he's up too.....and everyone else never liked him in the first place.......and Pyongyang is being an international jerk......now what?
Kim Jong Il wants to proceed his third son for the next leader of North Korea.

Before the experiment, there were several huge controversies:
1. during the end of Bush's administration when it had to agree to expose its nuclear facilities (angered many North Korean politicians)
2. issues in Shinuiju free trading district in North Korea
3. the Kaesong Industrial Park crisis
4. his stroke
5. the Japanese political crisis with the Liberal Democratic Party
6. Obama in office
7. South Korean president tried to intimidate North Korea militarily in his early "brutal regime" (even for a democratic country)
8. ex president Roh's court trial that led to his suicide
9. controversies in business issues with China (AKA the cargo train crisis)
10. Ryongchon train explosion years ago, likely an attempt coup against Kim Jong Il
11. The current world financial crisis.

These are the events that led to the nuclear experiment.

Yet people in the west forgot that Lee Myeong Bak really threatened North Korea before North Korea threatened South Korea right now.
(#60 (permalink))
Old
kirakira (Offline)
己所不欲勿施於人

05-29-2009, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiri View Post
The truth to the matter is, nobody can do JACK.

US/Japan Side
Nuclear weapons aside, N. Korea has the 5th largest conventional army in the world, invasion of N. Korea by force by the knight in shiny armour, i.e. US, is not going to happen because a LOT of people will die. This aint Iraq. What what does US get out of it anyway?

China/Russia Side
China doesn't want to see a collapse of N. Korea because the last thing it needs is millions of poor N. Korea Peasants bursting into its border or US military operation right at its door step.

I believe China will only support military action if N. Korea does something completely stupid, like dropping a Nuke in Seoul or Tokyo or something like that, in which case it has no choice but to take Kim out nice and quick before they launch one to Beijing.

Best case scenario:
Kim keeps his evil regime, everyone else plays nice and we keep the status quo and hope something good happens when the guy kicks the bucket.
Closed Thread