JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Yakuza!!! (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/25831-yakuza.html)

TalnSG 11-02-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaisukeKigurou (Post 780975)
No, I don't. She's afraid that if I do live in Japan and work for a Japanese company I'll be somehow involved in the Yakuza or something. She thinks the Yakuza on EVERYTHING in Japan even down to the Manga and Anime companies. I kind of think she's kind of crazy to be thinking like that. Again, can you help?

Considering that organized crime is well established in most countries, perhaps you should sound her out about the organization she knows best. Then maybe she will see the correlation and the odds of your involvement would not be any higher than they would be at home.

Between mafia, biker gangs, hoods, triads and just haphazardly formed gangs where I live, I can't see yakuza as much more of a problem.

DaisukeKigurou 11-03-2009 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalnSG (Post 781026)
Considering that organized crime is well established in most countries, perhaps you should sound her out about the organization she knows best. Then maybe she will see the correlation and the odds of your involvement would not be any higher than they would be at home.

Between mafia, biker gangs, hoods, triads and just haphazardly formed gangs where I live, I can't see yakuza as much more of a problem.

Thanks, I might do that. But one more question, because of what my mom read she thinks Japan's government is corrupt because she thinks they wont do anything about the Yakuza. The same artical was pretty bias and forgot to mention a law that was passed that CAN put a person who's involved in a gang longer in jail. This is the same law that was passed here in the states.

So my question is, is my Mom right or is she wrong?

MMM 11-03-2009 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaisukeKigurou (Post 781105)
Thanks, I might do that. But one more question, because of what my mom read she thinks Japan's government is corrupt because she thinks they wont do anything about the Yakuza. The same artical was pretty bias and forgot to mention a law that was passed that CAN put a person who's involved in a gang longer in jail. This is the same law that was passed here in the states.

So my question is, is my Mom right or is she wrong?

I don't think it is a question of if she is right or if she is wrong. Westerners, especially, have the least to worry about when it comes to the Yakuza. The Yakuza don't mess with Westerners because culturally we won't fall for the same intimidation tactics that native-Japanese will. Westerners are not targets.

She should be as fearful of the Yakuza in Japan as she is fearful of the Mafia in the US. For 99% of the country it is nothing more than news stories.

bELyVIS 11-04-2009 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaisukeKigurou (Post 781105)
my mom read she thinks Japan's government is corrupt because she thinks they wont do anything about the Yakuza.

Of course the government is corrupt. All governments are corrupt. I fear them more than Yakuza, better armed and legal.:eek:

ToKiMoNsta 11-04-2009 02:27 AM

yes yakuza still there i live in akihabara and know some im not yakuza but i rep yakuza street gangs its like this now. when gangsta's come to japan or hiphop gets big specialy southern mexicano rap there starts to be japanese who want to be gangsta so they work with yakuza and create small groups like street soliders. im chill with yakuza and there small gangs but im more class haha. but yea pretty much it drive around in nissan V.I.P tuned cars yu name it. sorry english is mai weak language lol.

MMM 11-04-2009 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToKiMoNsta (Post 781212)
yes yakuza still there i live in akihabara and know some im not yakuza but i rep yakuza street gangs its like this now. when gangsta's come to japan or hiphop gets big specialy southern mexicano rap there starts to be japanese who want to be gangsta so they work with yakuza and create small groups like street soliders. im chill with yakuza and there small gangs but im more class haha. but yea pretty much it drive around in nissan V.I.P tuned cars yu name it. sorry english is mai weak language lol.

Where in Akihabara do you live now?

I don't understand what it is you do. You represent Yakuza street gangs? Like bosozoku? I didn't realize they were into spanish hip-hop.

ToKiMoNsta 11-04-2009 02:33 AM

haha the tatoo's are honor to have i have a full back tatoo of dragon choking a koi fish. the tatoos are more stories then just tatoo. for instance i used to love koi fish then mai koi fish died and this girl i loved was in a gang called ADC (animals dont care) and she was a gold fish she rejected me and it pissed me off i hate dthe whole gang so i had the dragon which represented me choking all the animals like the gold fish (koi fish).

ToKiMoNsta 11-04-2009 02:41 AM

明神ー秋葉原。貴方の 日本語人 なん ですか?Okai in pure english we have street gangs jux like amerika mostly blood actually almost all blood haha they have red lowrider and where very baggy cloths with red tall tee shirt and red flat beak hats and bandana these are the street soliders. ボソゾク Is not as famous but theres still but there more into like choppers and street drifting and like rock music haha。 

MMM 11-04-2009 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToKiMoNsta (Post 781220)
明神ー秋葉原。貴方の 日本語人 なん ですか?Okai in pure english we have street gangs jux like amerika mostly blood actually almost all blood haha they have red lowrider and where very baggy cloths with red tall tee shirt and red flat beak hats and bandana these are the street soliders. ボソゾク Is not as famous but theres still but there more into like choppers and street drifting and like rock music haha。 

日本語人って何?もしかして「日本人」のこと?俺は日� �人ちゃうけど、お前よりぜんぜん近い。
なんでまだバンされていないの理由は、どんだけあほの ことを言うのを見たいから。

MMM 11-04-2009 02:49 AM

これって何?

渡しは 「Real」 日本語人 です根。 あなたの 「Wa nnabe」 ですよ!

日本の小学の一年生はこれを見ると、めちゃ笑ける。お 前はあきばじゃなくて、アラスカやろう。