LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-04-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Though somehow they keep finding themselves on the front page.
Ever since her selection by McCain for VP, Palin has been a target. Previous ethics complaints about her have been dismissed after investigation, but these complaints were costly to investigate and defend.

I don't think she has been treated fairly, and I'm sure one of her greatest regrets was accepting McCain's invitation to run.

As for the 9th circuit court's decision to release the former legislators, remember, we are talking about the "9th" circuit court, which has the worst record of overturned/reversed decisions in the Federal Court system.

The Palins are on the front page now because the press for the last several months has had a run on the GOP. Her resignation is somehow being linked to the actions of senators Ensign and Sanford, which is absurd.

There is a lot of innuendo and bias being shown in the current news about Palin (no real facts are being reported, but never let the "facts" get in the way of a good story). I don't think her and her family deserves or needs the hate.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-04-2009, 01:02 AM

How hands on was the Palin administration in the prosecutions?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
07-04-2009, 01:10 AM

Would I be banned from the site if I typed in joy yet used a bad word for her? (bad joke)

YAY~!!
AND STAY AWAY!!! <333333

[/not a fan. Sorry to those who care. Really, but I just don't like her, or her personality that she portrayed in the media.]

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-04-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
How hands on was the Palin administration in the prosecutions?
Even if they had nothing or all to do with it, they still hooted and hollered the whole time with their "Anti-Corruption" witch hunt propaganda
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-04-2009, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkhartdesu View Post
Even if they had nothing or all to do with it, they still hooted and hollered the whole time with their "Anti-Corruption" witch hunt propaganda
Do you have any links to articles saying as much?
(#16 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-04-2009, 01:33 AM

Well I can't link anything specific, but I've been watching the local media since before she became "famous".

try Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman or Alaska News, Jobs and Advertising from the Anchorage Daily News | Anchorage, Mat-Su Valley, Kenai Peninsula
(#17 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-04-2009, 02:17 AM

My goodness, in other forums there are lots of Tina Fey jokes after Palin quits. It is very mind-boggling to see her resign.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

07-04-2009, 04:25 AM

Quite interesting. Thanks for the post, MMM. I shall look more into this.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#19 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-04-2009, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayci View Post
Would I be banned from the site if I typed in joy yet used a bad word for her? (bad joke)

YAY~!!
AND STAY AWAY!!! <333333

[/not a fan. Sorry to those who care. Really, but I just don't like her, or her personality that she portrayed in the media.]
Really, does that give you the right to degrade someone?

Quote:
She's a snake like the rest of em'

I went to High School with her daughter, and her daughters baby-daddy.

I just saw Sarah and her Husband driving around Wasilla the other week... They're nothing special, and surely not worthy of frontpage news.

Well I can't link anything specific, but I've been watching the local media since before she became "famous".
Seriously? You honestly expect them to beyond normal? Well, when the media has an vendetta against her you sure going to hear about it. Don't make accusations without backing them up.

Honestly this little post here has such venom in it.

MMM, you surprise me. Even when we have different political views I would expect you to see when the women has been badly mistreated and be one of the first to stand up in that regard. BUT I see you here gleefully cheering on the mistreatment of her. Why is that?

I mean David Letterman went after her daughters, One blog spot ( daily coast maybe cannot remember at this time) even said that here youngest child wasn't hers but her daughter. Charles Gibson interview was crucial edited to make an fool out of her. After McCain lost the campaign staff went after her (maybe an last ditch effort to save themselves?).

While here resignation of the office is puzzling to everyone it cannot be taken without some thought as to why.

Quote:
I actually live IN Alaska, so this pertains to me especially.

THE REAL REASON SHE RESIGNED:

She spent a lot of time claiming she was a "maverick" -- she openly takes glory for putting an end to "corrupt politicians".

Turns out that the "corrupt politicians" were wrongly accused, and the Palin administration was illegally holding evidence that would otherwise prove them to be innocent.

Now the prosecutors of the original scandal are being charged with criminal "Withholding of Evidence" - the tables have turned and Palin is escaping the heat!

This is not going over well up here in AK -- and if she thinks she has a chance of running for President, she needs to be committed.

You can't just quit.
Back this up, with evidence.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Last edited by solemnclockwork : 07-04-2009 at 04:31 AM. Reason: mispelled word
(#20 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-04-2009, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solemnclockwork View Post
MMM, you surprise me. Even when we have different political views I would expect you to see when the women has been badly mistreated and be one of the first to stand up in that regard. BUT I see you here gleefully cheering on the mistreatment of her. Why is that?
How have I disparaged her here? I quoted the news article with no comment and commented on Burkhardesu's comments (a man who lives in Alaska).

But since you opened the door...if the excuse she gave today is legitimate, then it is pathetic. She is choosing to be a lame duck and she is choosing to quit. She is choosing to say she is no longer in doing the job she spent millions getting elected for. How many hours and how many volunteers gave their precious time to get her into office? And she quits halfway through?

Now if her excuse for quitting is a lie, then that makes her a liar.