LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-22-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
You say liberal like it's a dirty word, and for the record, you in turn are grossly simplifying the matter.

I've already pointed out, gender identity has nothing to do with sexual orientation, so your point doesn't stand as far as I'm concerned; not from a bio-psychological approach. Gender does not equal biological sex nor does it equal sexual orientation. It's not based solely on hormones or chromosomes or genitalia but is a many-fold amalgamation of various different factors.

Considering you've already admitted you'd never even speak to a transgendered person you've already shown that you are largely ignorant and closed-minded about the subject.
I agree with you 100%. Just ignore that lil ignorant kid, AlanX. He probobly hasnt taken those types of classes in school that teach about this, or maybe he just didnt give a damn and didnt paid attention.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#72 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
07-22-2009, 12:28 AM

Then there is nothing left to say.

You have your opinions and I have mine.

You say pretending to be a male makes you one, I say being born with a penis makes you one.

Since we can't agree, why not just call it quits on this matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato289 View Post
I agree with you 100%. Just ignore that lil ignorant kid, AlanX. He probobly hasnt taken those types of classes in school that teach about this, or maybe he just didnt give a damn and didnt paid attention.
I guess you didn't "paid" attention in 1st grade English. Learn how to use punctuation, "lil kid."
These aren't school subjects. They're opinions. You have no idea what you're saying.

猿も木から落ちる
(#73 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-22-2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Kim Petras, Germany;

Kim Petras - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

She/he/it claims to have felt like a female since she/he/it was at age 2. After a long time, her/his/its parents realized it was not just a phase and supported her/his/its cutting her/his/its penis off at age 16.

Obviously, she/he/it is also a pop sensation somewhat, by the vid on YouTube, which is her/his/its own creation.

Perhaps Kim was destined to get a sex change. Waiting an extra 2 years (legal age in Germany is 18) may have been pointless. You could even argue that the media attention would be good for Kim; helping spotlight her/him/it may boost record sales.

Of course, regardless that this seems this way in every case, it does not change the fact that these laws are in place to protect misguided people. Most things that require you to be over 18 to part take in are that way for the simple fact that below that age you're barely mature enough to make any decent and lasting decisions. When you're young, you change your mind too easy.

It could be worrying if Kim is a pioneer, and many people cut their penis off at 16, but then change their mind and realize the decision was wrong.
Some children like to think they are dogs, maybe we should allow them to have "species reassignment surgery". Some people think they are Napoleon, maybe we should have "identity reassignment" surgery as well.

The world is full of stupid and confused people, particularly in the west where such people have the leisure to worry about such stupidly unimportant things as "sexual identity". This being the age of instant gratification, there are doctors who are more than happy to charge you a quick $100k or so to "make you into" a man or woman.

Unfortunately, these stupid and confused people often regret having their bodies mutilated. They find that they aren't really any happier after the surgery than they were before it, and that their new artificial sex organs transmit little/no sensation. After the surgery they find that they are unable to gratify themselves sexually, which means that whatever happiness they get from becoming a "man" or a "woman" is very shallow, if it exists at all.

Psychological evaluations are a sham. Psychologists and doctors nowadays are little different than mechanics, happy to prescribe medications and treatments, and to recommend more than necessary. The more "help" you need, the more money they can charge you for it.
(#74 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

07-22-2009, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Some children like to think they are dogs, maybe we should allow them to have "species reassignment surgery". Some people think they are Napoleon, maybe we should have "identity reassignment" surgery as well.

The world is full of stupid and confused people, particularly in the west where such people have the leisure to worry about such stupidly unimportant things as "sexual identity". This being the age of instant gratification, there are doctors who are more than happy to charge you a quick $100k or so to "make you into" a man or woman.

Unfortunately, these stupid and confused people often regret having their bodies mutilated. They find that they aren't really any happier after the surgery than they were before it, and that their new artificial sex organs transmit little/no sensation. After the surgery they find that they are unable to gratify themselves sexually, which means that whatever happiness they get from becoming a "man" or a "woman" is very shallow, if it exists at all.

Psychological evaluations are a sham. Psychologists and doctors nowadays are little different than mechanics, happy to prescribe medications and treatments, and to recommend more than necessary. The more "help" you need, the more money they can charge you for it.
I completly agree. People arent old enough to make this decision at 16. Some say not doing it could hurt their self esteem in a coulple of years. If they still want to do it at age 18 I still think it might not be a good idea. Many young people do not see the long term of their choices. They still have not found balence of id and superego. They seek instant gratification.
(#75 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-22-2009, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

So, you block someone when you disagree.

Wow. You might aswell block me now.
It's funny coz he was just saying we should respect others opinions...

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#76 (permalink))
Old
LuckyLuck (Offline)
Transform Tomorrow

Send a message via MSN to LuckyLuck
07-22-2009, 03:13 AM

I think sixteen year olds are to young to make a decision like that, since...will they are always changing their minds but I'm sure like the girl mentioned in this thread there are rare circumstances where sex change, even if at a young age, is meant to be for the individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post

Oh you must be speaking from experience!

Your opinion is quite biased.
You don't have to agree with sex change but claiming that people who get it done are stupid and unhappy will that's not much of an argument towards disliking it.
I seriously doubt you've ever even been close to one person who has had a sex change, your opinion probably comes from watching the media or listening to he said she said bigotry.
Hm, a zombie towards mainstream media...basing opinion off of..second opinions, that's a common trait of the "wicked" west.

Or am I generalizing you? Funny how assumption spreads like a plague.

The path to equality is a long road to travel.

Last edited by LuckyLuck : 07-22-2009 at 03:15 AM.
(#77 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
07-22-2009, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuck View Post
I think sixteen year olds are to young to make a decision like that, since...will they are always changing their minds but I'm sure like the girl mentioned in this thread there are rare circumstances where sex change, even if at a young age, is meant to be for the individual.

Oh you must be speaking from experience!

Your opinion is quite biased.
You don't have to agree with sex change but claiming that people who get it done are stupid and unhappy will that's not much of an argument towards disliking it.
I seriously doubt you've ever even been close to one person who has had a sex change, your opinion probably comes from watching the media or listening to he said she said bigotry.
Hm, a zombie towards mainstream media...basing opinion off of..second opinions, that's a common trait of the "wicked" west.

Or am I generalizing you? Funny how assumption spreads like a plague.
What?
This made no sense at all.
"Your opinion probably comes from watching the media?"
The media is definitely a reliable source when it comes to statistics.
Zombies? What the heck are you talking about?

I have to agree with everything he said.

猿も木から落ちる
(#78 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-22-2009, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Then there is nothing left to say.

You have your opinions and I have mine.

You say pretending to be a male makes you one, I say being born with a penis makes you one.

Since we can't agree, why not just call it quits on this matter.

I guess you didn't "paid" attention in 1st grade English. Learn how to use punctuation, "lil kid."
These aren't school subjects. They're opinions. You have no idea what you're saying.
ofcourse they are school subjects. Its call Speech, "lil kid".

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#79 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-22-2009, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato289 View Post
ofcourse they are school subjects. Its call Speech, "lil kid".
You are one of the biggest idiots on this board -_-

I just had to put that out there.

You dont take classes to learn if someone should have the right to a sex change.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#80 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-22-2009, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
You are one of the biggest idiots on this board -_-

I just had to put that out there.

You dont take classes to learn if someone should have the right to a sex change.
I wasnt taking classes to talk about sex change you idiot. Speech in college is different than HS and once you take it you will see what im talking about , so shss if you dont know what im talking about.

--Jaka