JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
12-09-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubna View Post
ok.i will never repeat the word again.and tnanx.
Nagoyankee probably said that because it's "moshi moshi". That aside, you only use that type of a greeting when answering the phone. I've never heard or seen it used in any other way.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-09-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubna View Post
yes he is japanese citizen.is there any risk of deport him?he has a japanese wife and 3 childern.break up with his wife.
How could he be deported if his citizenship is in Japan?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
sushidushi (Offline)
JF Regular

12-09-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Quite. Where would he be deported to...?
(#14 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
12-09-2009, 08:47 PM

Citizen cannot be deported out of the country he is a citizen of .... that would be termed as "exiled"; and I don't think any major country does that anymore.

However, what the U.S. terms as a "resident alien" can be deported. A resident alien is a foreign national with full rights of property other legalities, such as staying in the host country indefinitely. The main difference is that it requires citizenship for certain things such as voting and holding government offices. If a resident alien breaks the law, then deportation is a consideration in the sentencing process.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
jesselt (Offline)
弱肉強食

12-09-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
Citizen cannot be deported out of the country he is a citizen of .... that would be termed as "exiled"; and I don't think any major country does that anymore.

However, what the U.S. terms as a "resident alien" can be deported. A resident alien is a foreign national with full rights of property other legalities, such as staying in the host country indefinitely. The main difference is that it requires citizenship for certain things such as voting and holding government offices. If a resident alien breaks the law, then deportation is a consideration in the sentencing process.
China exiles people all the time.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
lubna (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to lubna
12-11-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
Deportation

PLEASE READ
Sentencing/Deportation

thanx ozkai.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-11-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
It's called discrimination, something which Japan is well known for internationally.

Cheers - Oz
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
12-11-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
It's called discrimination, something which Japan is well known for internationally.
Deportation is something that is done to a NON-citizen. It is sending a person back to their country of origin or citizenship. If you are a Japanese citizen, you are ALREADY in your country of origin or citizenship. It has nothing to do with discrimination.

Japan doesn`t exile (similar to deportation but forcing them to leave the country of citizenship/origin) citizens. So if the person in question is indeed a citizen (I believe they likely are not, and that the original poster misunderstood citizen as "resident") they cannot and will not be forced to leave the country.

A Japanese citizen in trouble outside Japan can be deported back to Japan. A citizen of another country in trouble inside Japan can be deported to their country of citizenship. A Japanese citizen inside Japan cannot and will not be "deported".

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-11-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
A Japanese citizen inside Japan cannot and will not be "deported".
Are you sure that a non Japanese blood who has taken out Japanese citizen living in Japan cannot be deported?

I can tell you for sure, I am not.

If a Japanese born national citizen can obtain secret souse visas for their non Japanese partners, secret passports without the non Japanese consent, name changes, citizenship registration, and then the Japanese authorities cannot inform the non Japanese because they are not Japanese, come on.. Clear and simple with a BIG D.

Cheers - Oz
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
12-11-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Are you sure that a non Japanese blood who has taken out Japanese citizen living in Japan cannot be deported?

I can tell you for sure, I am not.

If a Japanese born national citizen can obtain secret souse visas for their non Japanese partners, secret passports without the non Japanese consent, name changes, citizenship registration, and then the Japanese authorities cannot inform the non Japanese because they are not Japanese, come on.. Clear and simple with a BIG D.
They cannot be. They can be put in prison for the rest of their life, with no hope of release because there is no country to intervene on their behalf... As they have given that up to receive Japanese citizenship. Their family can also be charged with fraud and imprisoned then deported and barred entry from Japan.

Japan technically requires those taking citizenship to give up their original citizenship. This means that there IS no other country to expel you to. You have to realize that deportation is not a decision Japan could make alone - there has to be another country WILLING (or more like obligated) to receive the deported individual. In the case that one is a Japanese citizen, and a Japanese citizen alone - no other country is obligated to accept the deportee. So throwing them in prison for the rest of their life is simplest and easiest.

If the person KEPT their other citizenship, they basically forfeited their Japanese citizenship as you are required to give up your original citizenship in order to receive Japanese. If you did not give it up, it means that you have declined Japanese citizenship - so yes, in that case you wouldn`t have been a Japanese citizen to begin with and no doubt would be deported.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.