(#81 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-11-2010, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
This is getting rather silly.
I agree, it's like arguing with a drunk.

The climate talks that just ended in Mexico had the most pivotal point based on if a country is developed or not, 1st world or not.

I keep getting pulled into this by wanting to correct and point out the irrational and distorted views being mentioned but I feel silly saying what I'm saying to anyone other than a 10 year old...

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#82 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-11-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
You're the one who used the term first!

Now you're saying it's insignificant!
This doesn't mean that I necessarily believe in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
I agree, it's like arguing with a drunk.

I keep getting pulled into this by wanting to correct and point out the irrational and distorted views being mentioned but I feel silly saying what I'm saying to anyone other than a 10 year old...
Let me be this clear. As a South Korean (Korean-Canadian), North Korea isn't our enemy. That's what I'm talking about and that's why I kept posting South Korean news links in the other thread.

Let me ask you this. North Korea doesn't need to wage a war. The South Korean government is already collapsing with our president's stupidity. Why wage a war in this situation?

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.

Last edited by komitsuki : 12-11-2010 at 11:24 AM.
(#83 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

12-11-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
This is getting rather silly. Of course S. Korea is a First World Country. They import and export, have a strong economy.

If you think that designation is "Nazi era" then that is fine, but it doesn't help fuel the conversation. S. Koreans are not eaten by animals and live in electricity-free huts. It's OK that S. Korea is First World.
That's not the point. It seems that people don't understand the history of South Korea since 1945 because that's very crucial to understand North Korea.

Want to fully understand North Korea? Then study South Korea after the Japanese Colonialism.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#84 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

again sorta not - 12-11-2010, 05:31 PM

You can't eat history dude.
The South Korean government situation is nowhere near the North Korean governments near collapse and roller coaster ride into oblivion .

On any given day North Korea and it's leadership make the internal problems of South Korea's, corruption and mismanagement ,political intrigue insignificant and pale next to the North Korean ' train wreck' in slow motion.

Since 1994 North Korea has been on the losing end of bad central planning and record famine and starvation. Isolated from both it's sponsors and the rest of the world North Korea has little options other than rolling over and collapsing or stage another military demonstration in hope of recieving either food or fuel until the next disaster.

Last edited by fluffy0000 : 12-11-2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: edit
(#85 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

12-11-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
This doesn't mean that I necessarily believe in this.
So why did you use it?

Why do I get the feeling that you're just making stuff up as you go along.
(#86 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-12-2010, 02:55 AM

Quote:
The South Korean government is already collapsing with our president's stupidity.
...... ?!?!?!

Quote:
Why wage a war in this situation?
Because your "friend" to the north has nukes and has shown huge irresponsibility with regards to military action.
in other words - they are a time bomb and Seoul is at their door-step, if not Seoul then maybe Japan.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#87 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

12-12-2010, 05:49 AM

Willing to wager anything komitsuki?

I'm so confident the SK government won't collapse that if the South Korean government collapses (losing an election doesn't count, by collapse I mean the whole system actually dissolves) I will create a whole new thread titled "Komitsuki is right and I suck balls"

What are you willing to do?
(#88 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

12-12-2010, 06:06 AM

Komisuki would certainly make a good little communist, he appears to believe in all the ridiculous propaganda without question!
(#89 (permalink))
Old
Atredies (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-12-2010, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
Because your "friend" to the north has nukes and has shown huge irresponsibility with regards to military action.
in other words - they are a time bomb and Seoul is at their door-step, if not Seoul then maybe Japan.
China, North Korea reach consensus over crisis-Xinhua | Reuters

are you not too late to say this now? state councilor dai bingguo visited dprk and met kim jongil of course with a very good result. it makes think that how incompetent obama is.

thank you prc for bringing peace to the world! america loves you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
"Komitsuki is right and I suck balls"
listen boy. a thread about homosexuality is not allowed. sucking balls? how vulgar to a lady! this is not how a rational man should think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Komisuki would certainly make a good little communist, he appears to believe in all the ridiculous propaganda without question!
i am an american learning mandarin and been to china for weeks. i love china. does that make me a communist? you can call me a communist if you dislike me. i however do not think the republicans and the democrats properly represent my beloved america. do not worry too much china will fix america without obstructing our system.

Last edited by Atredies : 12-12-2010 at 06:48 AM.
(#90 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

12-12-2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atredies View Post
i am an american learning mandarin and been to china for weeks. i love china. does that make me a communist? you can call me a communist if you dislike me. i however do not think the republicans and the democrats properly represent my beloved america. do not worry too much china will fix america without obstructing our system.
Why would learning mandarin make you a communist?

My point was about propaganda. A repressive communist regime like in Nth Korea has complete and utter control over the media. There is no independent reporting there (if you tried you'd probably get locked up as a dissident). komisuki appears to be lapping up the propaganda with little scepticism whatsoever. It's like he's viewing the situation there from this weird parrallel universe. I do wonder sometimes if even the leaders in Nth Korea have totally lost touch with reality and started to believe in their own propaganda. Scary thought!