(#31 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
01-12-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyWars View Post
Why Thank You! I think that I built it up so much leading into it, it just seemed easier than I was expecting.
I remember the time before last when I was about 6, I was in hospital for close to a month, so to get out in 6 or so days was fantastic, particularly when it was a bigger procedure! It just shows how far the technology/methods used have come.
It's awsome that it turned out to be a better experience than you'd imagined. It was that way for me when I went to have my wisdom teeth removed. I was very worried about it hurting a hell lot more than it actually did, cause I did not feel anything resembling pain, just slightly discomfort. However, you did have major reasons to be worried about your operation and it's very admirable that you managed to deal with it so well.

Now, changing the topic a bit, has anyone had a rhinoplasty? Or any other type of operation done on the nose?

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Rinai (Offline)
JF Regular

01-13-2011, 01:27 AM

@dogsbody70: Woah. Really? They just did it because it wasn't needed or what?

@Suki: Uh. Yeah...

*plooka plooka*

Rin no talk. 私の一番な色は何ですか。「Day--」 黒沼爽子と翔太くん。いつでも/もじもじ-- 30
(#33 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-13-2011, 09:58 AM

sorry rinai you need to remind me what I said.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-13-2011, 03:28 PM

Are we still only talking about Rhinoplasty?

Aww I wanted to talk about my metal wolverine arm operation

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
thegluestick1 (Offline)
New to JF

01-13-2011, 03:30 PM

I have had surgery, as for what type I'd rather not go into. But I was put to sleep with an intravenous anesthetic and it was a strange feeling. Not bad, just strange. When the anesthetist first administered it, I felt nothing, but then my arm (where the needle was) began to feel cold and then suddenly I found it hard to control my body, but I felt happy which was nice After that I woke up after everything went swimmingly, but that's when it feels the worst, you feel so groggy and I thought I was gonna faint or throw up whenever I got up. That faded after a few hours though, so it was all fine.
As for being scared about a burst appendix, the surgery is incredibly low risk and there is little trauma. My girlfriend's father recently had to have his taken out after it burst and he was on more morphine before the surgery than after! It's keyhole surgery so he only has 3 tiny little marks on his abdomen to show for it.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
01-13-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegluestick1 View Post
As for being scared about a burst appendix, the surgery is incredibly low risk and there is little trauma. My girlfriend's father recently had to have his taken out after it burst and he was on more morphine before the surgery than after! It's keyhole surgery so he only has 3 tiny little marks on his abdomen to show for it.
I know it's a low risk surgery and if I had to have mine removed I wouldn't be worried about getting a scar cause I like them. I hate that now they don't cut your skin to get the appendix out and instead they do a tiny incision and use aspiration techniques to remove the appendix from the colon. Does anyone know if you can actually request that they do it the old way? x)

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmarisa
I wanted to talk about my metal wolverine arm operation
Blabber on, I'll read and comment.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#37 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-13-2011, 04:14 PM

Post Deleted.

Last edited by RobinMask : 01-07-2018 at 12:01 PM.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

01-13-2011, 09:03 PM

Appendectomy Recovery Time

about appendectomies.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

01-13-2011, 09:16 PM

what about lazer treatment on your eyes to improve your vision.

There seems to be many offers for us to have lazer treatment so we do not need to wear glasses.

Have any of you had that treatment and how is your eyesight?

I know there is lazer treatmen to cure certain eye problems--my husband has had that and my friend who has diabetis also.

But I dare not risk the Lazer treatment that is supposed to make my eyesight perfect.

Any experience or stories on this subject?

Ps re a Nose Job. My best friend had her nose altered and feels so much happier now as she had always disliked her nose. I believe it gave her so much more confidence
(#40 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-13-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post

Blabber on, I'll read and comment.

Blabbers away!

When I was a teenager I was running in the rain, so as not to miss a film. Boyfriend and I tried to jump over the cinema carpark knee height wall.
He made it.
I didn't.

Ended up a crumpled mess on the concrete with my arm bent double behind me with bone sticking out.

Useless boyfriend started freaking out and wouldn't call me an ambulance because it was "wasting police time to call 999" so I somehow in shock managed to ignore the pain and grab the phone from him and call myself an ambulance.

When it arrived the ambulance driver said he was going to try and "snap it back in place" I was pretty dazed and confused, he grabbed my arm, I heard a snap noize was suddenly in screaming agony and he said "ah that didn't really work, lets get you some pain relief and to the hospital"

He was very nice but to this day I can't help but wonder if he made it worse...

They dosed me up on a cocktail of pills and gas and air until we got to Hospital then my aunti who was a nurse was there and knew somehow, I think I had called my Mum at some point to tell her, it is all a bit of a blurr, and she told them to give me morphine and that was kinda nice

Spent about a week in hospital as I had complex multiple fractures.

I had to sign a disclaimer that I swear said sometihng like if I die under anaesthetic my family won't sue.. but how can I sign for my family? It can't be that I won't sue because I would be dead. Strange.
After signing that (kinda hard with one messed up arm and the other arm hooked up to a drip) they were meant to give me pre anesthesia and they "forgot" so just before the major operation I was freaking out as they injected me to make me pass out, she kept saying I have to calm down or my heart rate will be way too high to operate.

I took like a 6-10hour operation there was some kinda complication I forget what, as they told me whilst I was just coming around, and my Dad doesn't remember what they said either!
They attached metal (probably titanium I guess, not really sure, I like to pretend it is Gundanium/Adamantium alloy) to both bones in my arm and pins to hold it together and pushed it all back in place and stitched it up.

For about 6 months I lost full use and feeling in my right hand, it came back slowly though.

Metal still hurts when it is cold, my arm swells up a bit sometimes and feels like something is trapped in there(pinched nerves maybe?) so itch like mad when this happens, and I can feel the metal pins in it when i run my hand along the two massive scars I have for life.

So kiddies, don't run in the rain!

I have the xray here somewhere, I think it makes me look like wolverine..
if I find it I'll post it if anyone is interested.

*edit*
forgot to say when coming out of the aneathetic useless bf tried to feed me some pizza he had robbed from the kids ward and there was a big "nil by mouth" sign above my head he neglected to read so one minute after eating delicious pizza I threw it back up all over him. Then pretended to faint back to sleep to avoid the embarrassment

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.

Last edited by princessmarisa : 01-13-2011 at 10:25 PM.