LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

01-13-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
Yeah, I've heard of the "no penetration" standard, but there are plenty of people I've talked to who've gone all the way, and most of the time I'm propositioned it's for "full service." All a cop would have to do is either do an underground sting or just follow the pimp back to their shop, kick down the door, and see what activities are taking place.
You'd have to catch it right in the act, and even then the parties involved could say it was just .... 素股
You're right that it's very often full service, though on paper it's not usually advertised that way.
Many of the デリヘル flyers I get say no penetration but have pics of blatant sex. Kind of a massive read-between-the-lines lol.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-13-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siokan View Post
It is illegal to do "actual sexual intercourse".
May I write?.........
Doing by the hand or the mouth is lawful. The real thing is illegal.
That's true, theoretically speaking.

However, soaplands are able to get around that regulation using some creative techniques. While I'm sure that many 風俗 workers will accept a bribe for intercourse, it's generally accepted that soaplands include that in their fee.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-13-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
I'm kind of curious if anyone can answer a question though. People always say that cops have nothing to do here in Japan, yet there are "pimps" all over the major stations on weekends. Why don't the cops deal with this?
Pimps? Are you talking about the young guys in the black suits?
(#34 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-13-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard of the "no penetration" standard, but there are plenty of people I've talked to who've gone all the way, and most of the time I'm propositioned it's for "full service." All a cop would have to do is either do an underground sting or just follow the pimp back to their shop, kick down the door, and see what activities are taking place.
I'm sure the police are aware of what's happening but there's either a loophole or it's just too much of a hassle.

For example, if a client calls a Delivery health and has a girl come to his house, I doubt that the police can enter his home on the suspicion that penetration is involved.

Or take a place like Tobita Shinchi in Osaka. One of the biggest red light districts in Kansai where there are around 200 prostitutes sitting in front of their tea houses dressed in various attire. You can walk up to any of them and ask them what's included and they'll tell you straight up that, "ここは最後まで出来ます".

And yet there's a Koban located just a hundred meters away.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Sitron (Offline)
Banned

01-13-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
If a foreigner can't get laid within a few hours of stepping foot inside the average dance club then he's got some serious problem.
Just in case it's not the same everywhere in Japan, the places I know for sure are the Sam&Dave clubs in Osaka and especially Kyoto and I've heard it's the same in all major cities.
The concept of paying for sex just blows my mind.
Does this count even if you are going alone to a club?
(#36 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-13-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Don't be surpirse, but I know people who would visit another country just for that reason

I took a few friends with me to Japan in 2007, including me, there were only 2 orientals in that group.
Rugs are oriental. People are Asian.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-13-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmarisa View Post
Thanks, water-trade that is the word I was scratching my brain for.

I am confused, you said you have seem the opposite, then went on to explain that there is no prostitution in host bars. That is what I said. It is very rare to have anything above a massage (ie light flirting)
What is opposite?

again that is what I said, the places of actual prostitution are the SE women in low class establishments.
Hostess bars are not places to look for sex. There are no "champagne rooms" in the back where you can expect sexual relations. Everything happens in the open, and that is flirtatious conversation with essentially no chance of sexual activity. Girls that have sex with their customers lose their jobs, because the customers stop coming back... they move onto the next one.

These are considered to be in a completely different category as pink salons, massage parlors, or soaplands, where the point is sexual activity (though legally not "all the way".) There is nothing to be ashamed of by going to hostess bars, and I often went with colleagues and friends, both male and female. Does that clear it up a little?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
I'm sure the police are aware of what's happening but there's either a loophole or it's just too much of a hassle.

For example, if a client calls a Delivery health and has a girl come to his house, I doubt that the police can enter his home on the suspicion that penetration is involved.

Or take a place like Tobita Shinchi in Osaka. One of the biggest red light districts in Kansai where there are around 200 prostitutes sitting in front of their tea houses dressed in various attire. You can walk up to any of them and ask them what's included and they'll tell you straight up that, "ここは最後まで出来ます".

And yet there's a Koban located just a hundred meters away.
I have been in that district, too, and I think it is a bit of a special case, as I heard it has some kind of historical designation, as it has existed as is for so many hundreds of years.

Though, I agree, it would be hard to enforce the "no penetration" law.

Last edited by MMM : 01-13-2011 at 08:36 PM.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-13-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Hostess bars are not places to look for sex. There are no "champagne rooms" in the back where you can expect sexual relations. Everything happens in the open, and that is flirtatious conversation with essentially no chance of sexual activity. Girls that have sex with their customers lose their jobs, because the customers stop coming back... they move onto the next one.

These are considered to be in a completely different category as pink salons, massage parlors, or soaplands, where the point is sexual activity (though legally not "all the way".) There is nothing to be ashamed of by going to hostess bars, and I often went with colleagues and friends, both male and female. Does that clear it up a little?
Yeah I think we are still misunderstanding each other a little though, when we were essentially saying the same thing. By massage I don't mean anything sexual, just like a private booth where you might get a fully clothed backrub or shoulder rub in a light flirty way? Does even this level of contact not happen in some hostess bars?

The second category you are talking about are what I was trying to call "the sort of hostess bars that employ SE Asians and are in shadier districts" I just didn't know the terminology, so sorry if I confused by labelling them as a type of hostess bar, I always saw them as very different places.

For anyone else interested in learning more, such as the OPs:

I saw a really interesting documentary on male host bars once:
THE GREAT HAPPINESS SPACE

Stratosphere girl Stratosphere Girl (2004) - IMDb is fictional but touches on some aspects of hostessing too.

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-13-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Yeah I think we are still misunderstanding each other a little though, when we were essentially saying the same thing. By massage I don't mean anything sexual, just like a private booth where you might get a fully clothed backrub or shoulder rub in a light flirty way? Does even this level of contact not happen in some hostess bars?
There may be some physical contact in a hostess bar, but everything happens in the open. Hostesses are not masseuses. A brief shoulder rub or might happen, but in many hostess clubs the girls will never come out from behind the counter, so physical contact would practically be impossible. The mama regulates where the girls go, who they talk to, and whether or not they can sit down with them.

Quote:
The second category you are talking about are what I was trying to call "the sort of hostess bars that employ SE Asians and are in shadier districts" I just didn't know the terminology, so sorry if I confused by labelling them as a type of hostess bar, I always saw them as very different places.
I think you are talking about two different things here, but it is easy to mix up, as there is some gray zone, I think. I have been to a Filipino hostess club before, and they basically cater to Filipino clients... Filipino men living in Japan... They weren't prostitutes, but I heard that some of them dabbled on the side. On the other hand, there are brothels (I understand) where you can find Russian women or Chinese women or women from other countries nearby less off than Japan. My sense is these places do not discriminate against foreigners.

Quote:
For anyone else interested in learning more, such as the OPs:

I saw a really interesting documentary on male host bars once:
THE GREAT HAPPINESS SPACE

Stratosphere girl Stratosphere Girl (2004) - IMDb is fictional but touches on some aspects of hostessing too.

Last edited by MMM : 01-13-2011 at 11:44 PM.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

01-13-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
You mean doing actual work instead of giving directions and checking bike registrations? It's honestly not like they've got anything better to do.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography