Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#121 (permalink))
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

03-22-2008, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post
Well I hate it when anyone has an arrogant attitude. Not JUST the U.S.
Limiting myself to one country would be discriminating. Kinda like you are. Regardless what the word " yank" is to you or not.

I'm from South America as well and Tyrien isn't and never has been a U.S citizen.
There's nobody here acting like the U.S is the shit.We're simply defending their actions.
I'm NOT saying only the us is like that, jesus christ
I was just criticizing a previous statement that expressed that attitude, so off of my case.

Touchy...look never meant to offend anyone, just saying what I think, freely expressing my thoughts. You don't have to agree, just don't condemn me for my beliefs.
To be honest I'm a lot more open about what I say on-line than I am off-line, because I know how bitchy people are off-line so I mostly keep my trap shut (keep thoughts and ideas bottled up out of fear of how people react) and do as I'm told... If thats what I should do on-line as well then I shall do so...
There's a difference between defending and blindly accepting...

(#122 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
03-22-2008, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramones1976 View Post
I'm NOT saying only the us is like that, jesus christ
I was just criticizing a previous statement that expressed that attitude, so off of my case.

Touchy...look never meant to offend anyone, just saying what I think, freely expressing my thoughts. You don't have to agree, just don't condemn me for my beliefs.
To be honest I'm a lot more open about what I say on-line than I am off-line, because I know how bitchy people are off-line so I mostly keep my trap shut (keep thoughts and ideas bottled up out of fear of how people react) and do as I'm told... If thats what I should do on-line as well then I shall do so...
There's a difference between defending and blindly accepting...
You said . " I hate it when people from the U.S have that arrogant attitude"
Looks to me like you were saying " just the u.s"
If you don't want your opinion picked at then don't give it.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#123 (permalink))
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

03-22-2008, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post
You said . " I hate it when people from the U.S have that arrogant attitude"
Looks to me like you were saying " just the u.s"
If you don't want your opinion picked at then don't give it.
I didn't say "just the us", like I said I was criticizing nationalism in the us specifically. And I didn't say "all people" (generalizing) I said certain. Okay...

Okay, so much for free speech...What ever the thought police say...

(#124 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
03-22-2008, 04:47 AM

Quote:
I didn't say "just the us", like I said I was criticizing nationalism in the us specifically. And I didn't say "all people" (generalizing) I said certain. Okay...

Actually, EveV has a point....

"I hate it when people from the U.S have that arrogant attitude"

Sounds real specific to the US to me, while also being inclusive of ANYone from the US :P .

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#125 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

03-22-2008, 04:56 AM

Quote:

Though this is getting offtopic now, why do you bother having an opinion if you can't accept the fact that others are going to disagree with it. Especially so when you have one that's as descriminatory as that one.

It's baffling how people use the "well it's just my opinion!" defense when someone disagrees. All you're being told is another person's opinion.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#126 (permalink))
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

03-22-2008, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnell View Post
Actually, EveV has a point....

"I hate it when people from the U.S have that arrogant attitude"

Sounds real specific to me :P .
Jesus christ I never said "all" people I meant certain people, okay...
Please stop jumping to conclusions
Look when I was in school almost everyone there had that whole attitude, so thats when it really started to bother me, they never stopped to think about different countries, and thought next to everything the us ever did was some how justified...
So when I said Certain actions of the us were wrong they would start giving me the silent treatment, and call me "anti-american" especially when I refused to say the pledge in class every morning. I would just stand and not say anything never said anything wrong.. During the 7th grade I finally asked what does this mean?? And I realized this isn't what I believe, and had just been blindly saying it for years....

(#127 (permalink))
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

03-22-2008, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Though this is getting offtopic now, why do you bother having an opinion if you can't accept the fact that others are going to disagree with it. Especially so when you have one that's as descriminatory as that one.

It's baffling how people use the "well it's just my opinion!" defense when someone disagrees. All you're being told is another person's opinion.
I realize people will disagree (thats human nature), but I don't want any trouble or hostility from anyone...
Oh come on I never meant to say anything to offend, nor would I ever discriminate. Thats an entire misconception...people who accuse me of that don't know who I am...

I know that...
But why doesn't that person realize their just hearing the other persons opinion too, no need to be sooo defensive or a bit nasty.
So I'd just like to say peace to all...please I don't want any trouble...

(#128 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
03-22-2008, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Jesus christ I never said "all" people I meant certain people, okay...
Please stop jumping to conclusions
Look when I was in school almost everyone there had that whole attitude, so thats when it really started to bother me, they never stopped to think about different countries, and thought next to everything the us ever did was some how justified...
So when I said Certain actions of the us were wrong they would start giving me the silent treatment, and call me "anti-american" especially when I refused to say the pledge in class every morning. I would just stand and not say anything never said anything wrong.. During the 7th grade I finally asked what does this mean?? And I realized this isn't what I believe, and had just been blindly saying it for years....
If you meant "certain" people, you should have said "certain people". Just "people" is a very general and ambiguous term.

I find it interesting how you could have held such adult opinions in elementary school, and also how you refused to say the pledge and yet had been saying it for years by 7th grade? Quite a knack for contradiction you have...

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#129 (permalink))
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

03-22-2008, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnell View Post
If you meant "certain" people, you should have said "certain people". Just "people" is a very general and ambiguous term.

I find it interesting how you could have held such adult opinions in elementary school, and also how you refused to say the pledge and yet had been saying it for years by 7th grade? Quite a knack for contradiction you have...
Okay sorry I didn't indicate

No, sorry I fucked up again.
I meant in elementary school I didn't know what it meant and during the 7th grade I found out what it meant, thats when I refused to say it, and received a hostile reaction from people in class.

Look sorry for drifting off topic, I'm having an off day, so my mind isn't working straight...okay...

(#130 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
03-22-2008, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Okay sorry I didn't indicate

No, sorry I fucked up again.
I meant in elementary school I didn't know what it meant and during the 7th grade I found out what it meant, thats when I refused to say it, and received a hostile reaction from people in class.

Look sorry for drifting off topic, I'm having an off day, so my mind isn't working straight...okay...
Okay stop acting sad.
It's the e
Don't be so worried about what others think >> especially e-people.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
Closed Thread