JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan News & Events (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-news-events/)
-   -   Japanese are the best tourists in the world (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-news-events/4783-japanese-best-tourists-world.html)

Avary_Ninja 05-28-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaksokuDa (Post 136495)
Ahaha true, and the midde aged men, in bright shirts, shorts, white socks and jesus sandles.

You just described most of my neighbors XD

forgotenmemory 07-04-2007 03:03 AM

Wait! I'm a second best tourist!?!.cool!

Maku 07-04-2007 03:41 AM

We only tip badly because we're not used to it.

I love Japanese tourists, though I have no idea why they come to Swindon...
They also make very good attempts at holding a conversation with you and asking for directions and what-not, though I find it very hard to give them directions -_-

annelie82 08-04-2007 09:13 AM

I'm curious as to the reliability of this survey. People who work in these so-called tourist venues (which supposedly are located in different countries around the world) may obviously have different ideas about what it means to be a "good" or a "bad" tourist. The results are still entertaining, though. :D

Suki 08-04-2007 11:01 AM

American 2n best tourists...? Pfftt no way in hell! They're noisy and wear shorts when it's freezing cold :mtongue:

And Japanese... they are always taking pics, like 24/7. I wonder if they take the camera with them when going to the toilet...

Jessica91 10-20-2007 02:27 PM

...Brittons 2nd worst dressed... this can only be the chavs and the holiday people who are a bit too laid back and relaxed. Probably the latter cos Chavs can't afford holidays:) (ok, that was a bit stereotypical of me but hey...)Its not suprising that Japanese people are the best tourists since they are so polite!

CrystalTear 10-20-2007 03:07 PM

Americans are second best? That's not possible... I think they're rude and don't respect other cultures.

I CONSTANTLY hear comments like: "Watch out! Don't get a sun teint Goth-kid!" "Don't forget to smile today!" "Cheer up emo-kid" (Really, I do NOT look like an emo)

Japanese tourists are nice and calm, and they take pictures of EVERYTHING xD I must be on hundreds of pictures riding my bike xD

noodle 10-20-2007 03:40 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA American tourists second best???? whats that about. I worked in london in a tourist area, the only americans that were kind and nice were the old retired couples that wanted to come to england for a nice "cup of tea" and see better history than that of america (you may think why england? cos we speak english, many people are afraid to go to a country where they don't understand the lang). others were jerks, i remember 3 young americans were arrested because they started going to the toilet in the middle of the road. when they were gettin arrested. they said "this is europe, i thought u could do this"

as for japanese... i think the only reason they would be best is cos they are soo quiete and sometimes too shy to even ask or get what they want. same as koreans.

CrystalTear 10-20-2007 04:50 PM

Oh, and another thing that really bothers me about American (and other nationalities) tourists, they think EVERYBODY in Holland is on drugs. And the only reason they come here is to get real high.

Once someone asked me where he could buy a joint, so I told him I didn't know (for God's sake, I'm fifteen. How should I know?) And he was all like: "But... You're Dutch right?" So I awnesered I was. "But... You don't do drugs? o.0"

MMM 10-20-2007 05:37 PM

I had hoped we were done with these "stereotype all people from one country" slam America threads.

*yawn*