JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Omaki (Offline)
New to JF

April not a great month to go to Japan after all? - 04-12-2008, 02:23 PM

I'm going to Japan next monday. I have been checking the weather for Tokyo every few days or so and it seems that it's either been raining or cloudy. I just checked the 10 day and looks to be much of the same. Am I'm going to have a crappy trip due to the dreary weather?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
04-12-2008, 03:04 PM

april and may always have crappy weather, can't decide if it wants to be warm or raining...reminds me of uk which is nice though hahaha
(#3 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

Send a message via AIM to BakaCrisis Send a message via MSN to BakaCrisis Send a message via Skype™ to BakaCrisis
04-12-2008, 03:05 PM

Heh, I'd have a blast no matter what the weather would be ^_^

Teach me Japanese (Skype: davidh053090 )
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

04-12-2008, 05:29 PM

Don't let the weather ruin your trip.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Prizm (Offline)
New to JF

04-12-2008, 11:27 PM

I'll be landing in Tokyo right in the middle of Golden Week (3rd May), where I miss both sakura and the snow season in the outer areas. And it's probably rainier in Tokyo than in April. Which is a bummer, but hey, bad isn't necessarily bad, it all counts to a unique experience.
Next time you go you can try to plan it differently. I'm just glad it's not during their summer, which is apparently awful.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Omaki (Offline)
New to JF

04-13-2008, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prizm View Post
I'll be landing in Tokyo right in the middle of Golden Week (3rd May), where I miss both sakura and the snow season in the outer areas. And it's probably rainier in Tokyo than in April. Which is a bummer, but hey, bad isn't necessarily bad, it all counts to a unique experience.
Next time you go you can try to plan it differently. I'm just glad it's not during their summer, which is apparently awful.
Well in my research I read that April supposedly is the best month to go. They said the weather would be mild but didn't mention it would be so rainy Maybe next time I'll go in november.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
04-13-2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prizm View Post
I'm just glad it's not during their summer, which is apparently awful.
ah man, it is like hell in the summer... i am not looking forward to it this year :-(

June~September are stupidly hot and humid months with typhoons popping up every so often to make it more fun
(#8 (permalink))
Old
sujuncai (Offline)
New to JF

04-13-2008, 10:39 AM

I went to Tokyo late March this year, just in time to catch the cherry blossoms. LUCKIIEEEE!!

@@@@ See How 3 Guys Survived Tokyo In 5 Days & 4 Nights! >>> http://3DudesInTokyo.com <<< @@@@
(#9 (permalink))
Old
timelesssymphony (Offline)
なんでやねん?

Send a message via AIM to timelesssymphony
04-13-2008, 06:22 PM

hmm well in Osaka it was absolutely beautiful for cherry blossoms last weekend and then it rained Monday Wednesday and Thursday was really nice Saturday and rained the latter part of today its really hit or miss but April is generally good weather, and if you are traveling during golden week God help you, you haven't seen so many Asian people in your life trying to go to the same place, not to mention the crowds, at least there are lots of random street festivals
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
04-13-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaki View Post
I'm going to Japan next monday. I have been checking the weather for Tokyo every few days or so and it seems that it's either been raining or cloudy. I just checked the 10 day and looks to be much of the same. Am I'm going to have a crappy trip due to the dreary weather?
It is fairly rainy in April, and you`ve missed the cherry blossoms. As for whether that`s going to make your trip a crappy one, I doubt it. I don`t think it will be raining all that hard - more cloudy than anything else. I guess it really depends on what you`re planning on doing. If you are going to be outside constantly, then take a good umbrella.

I`d take rain over extremely high humidity any day.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.