JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
sydneyswans (Offline)
New to JF

clubbing in tokyo - 07-10-2008, 04:14 AM

Hi there
1) Im travelling to Japan soon with my girlfriend (for 4 weeks) and will be spending some time in Tokyo and Oaska. I would really appreciate any advice on cool electro clubs with alternative fashion.
2) we will also be cycling - in Hokkaido i think - for a few days. Any advice on where ?
3) hiking in the japanese alps. any advice on where ?

Sorry for all the questions but hoping to make the trip wonderful

Hope to hear from some of you soon

Last edited by sydneyswans : 07-10-2008 at 04:18 AM. Reason: more questions
(#2 (permalink))
Old
jrocka83 (Offline)
Gaikokujin

Send a message via Yahoo to jrocka83 Send a message via Skype™ to jrocka83
07-10-2008, 06:31 AM

Quote:
1) I would really appreciate any advice on cool electro clubs with alternative fashion.
Check out the clubs in Ropongi area. Not sure if I can piont you out to exactley what you r looking for. Club 911 Ropongi is a preaty hot, or Gas Panic in Yokohama.

Quote:
we will also be cycling - in Hokkaido i think - for a few days. Any advice on where ?
I don't know about Hokkaido. I have only gone cycling in Kyushu and Okinawa. Same with hiking.

好きです福岡。

-"The proper name for a foriegner in Japan is gaikokujin. Being called a gaijin is like being called a nigger"
私わ外国人。 外人とよばないれ、これわ差別です。
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

07-10-2008, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocka83 View Post
Check out the clubs in Ropongi area. Not sure if I can piont you out to exactley what you r looking for. Club 911 Ropongi is a preaty hot, or Gas Panic in Yokohama.

I don't know about Hokkaido. I have only gone cycling in Kyushu and Okinawa. Same with hiking.
Gas Panic is fun, but absolutely not a "cool electro club with alternative fashion". Same goes for 911. Also, Gas Panic Yokohama closed a few years ago (I was at the closing party).

From my memories shibuya was the better area for techno/trance clubs (surely there are some in Roppongi too).

I'm not sure about what you mean by 'electro', does that include trance/techno for you? Club Womb is a pretty nice techno club in Shibuya. Club Atom is also fun, but is more of a mainstream trance place (although when I was there they had a floor dedicated to psy/goa-trance).

なんでやねん!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
odonata (Offline)
Roboto

07-10-2008, 07:39 AM

I liked Atom. Good place to have fun untill 5am

Super Roboto Jutsu Powah - Dynamic Servo Death Crush *NeeP*
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

07-10-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonata View Post
I liked Atom. Good place to have fun untill 5am
Yeah. I should add it's mainly young people there, as in atleast under 25.. but more like 18-20 from what I saw.

なんでやねん!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
jrocka83 (Offline)
Gaikokujin

07-10-2008, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henbaka View Post
Gas Panic is fun, but absolutely not a "cool electro club with alternative fashion". Same goes for 911. Also, Gas Panic Yokohama closed a few years ago (I was at the closing party).

From my memories shibuya was the better area for techno/trance clubs (surely there are some in Roppongi too).

I'm not sure about what you mean by 'electro', does that include trance/techno for you? Club Womb is a pretty nice techno club in Shibuya. Club Atom is also fun, but is more of a mainstream trance place (although when I was there they had a floor dedicated to psy/goa-trance).
Gas Panic Yokohama closed... Damn times a changing .

Quote:
but absolutely not a "cool electro club with alternative fashion"
?
Quote:
hmm.... "Not sure if I can piont you out to exactley what you r looking for" did I say "cool electro club with alternative fashion"

好きです福岡。

-"The proper name for a foriegner in Japan is gaikokujin. Being called a gaijin is like being called a nigger"
私わ外国人。 外人とよばないれ、これわ差別です。
(#7 (permalink))
Old
jrocka83 (Offline)
Gaikokujin

07-10-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henbaka View Post
Yeah. I should add it's mainly young people there, as in atleast under 25.. but more like 18-20 from what I saw.
Cradle Jumpers....

好きです福岡。

私わ外国人。 外人とよばないれ、これわ差別です。
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

07-10-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocka83 View Post
Gas Panic Yokohama closed... Damn times a changing .

?
Yeah I'm 99% sure that's the one. Was a "game panic" or whatever at the same spot. I remember that because the closing party was pretty wicked, with dance floors, a great big bar, and free arcade games in the same area!

Im sorry, I missed that part of your post. I thought you meant to say that GP was a electro club, while it's is more of a mixed, pop, rock, "whatever-makes-you-wanna-party-and-drink-hard" type of a place (from what I remember). I loved the sign in Gas panic Roppongi saying basically that "You must drink at all times, or you will be thrown out"!

なんでやねん!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Crea (Offline)
JF Regular

07-10-2008, 09:44 AM

Thanks for the suggestions! I've only been to one club in Tokyo a few years back; the disastrously packed "Vanilla" in Roppongi, which I think closed down already..? Well it wasn't a "cool electro club" anyways.

What's the scene like at Ageha? Besides of the far location, most I've heard were good stuff, ie. good atmosphere, good music, etc. Also, top DJs like Armin spin there when they visit Tokyo, so to those who've been there, does the club live up to its hype? I've always wanted to go but am sort of lazy and never had the chance to...

For electro/trance, I've also heard of Air in Daikanyama, but again have never been there.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

07-10-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crea View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! I've only been to one club in Tokyo a few years back; the disastrously packed "Vanilla" in Roppongi, which I think closed down already..? Well it wasn't a "cool electro club" anyways.

What's the scene like at Ageha? Besides of the far location, most I've heard were good stuff, ie. good atmosphere, good music, etc. Also, top DJs like Armin spin there when they visit Tokyo, so to those who've been there, does the club live up to its hype? I've always wanted to go but am sort of lazy and never had the chance to...

For electro/trance, I've also heard of Air in Daikanyama, but again have never been there.
yeah vanilla was pretty packed, wasn't it

There are also some larger events from time to time that you may wanna check for. I remember I went to a trance event at a place called Differ Ariake that was pretty cool.

なんでやねん!