LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Obba3 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to Obba3
Fukuoka, Osaka or Gifu? - 10-08-2011, 08:07 PM

Hi

Im are going to a language school in japan sometime next year. And my organizer has 3 different locations i can choose. And i want some info about those locations.

Of course they are wiki and books and such but im more intrested in firsthand experience.

So if you have been in Fukuoka, Osaka or Gifu please write something about your visit.

I live in Sweden, native speech is Swedish my secound language is English. And im currently study japanese.
Feel free to ask about Sweden if you are interested.

はじめまして、わたしはロバートです よろしくおねが いします。
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Caerula (Offline)
JF Regular

10-08-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obba3 View Post
Hi

Im are going to a language school in japan sometime next year. And my organizer has 3 different locations i can choose. And i want some info about those locations.

Of course they are wiki and books and such but im more intrested in firsthand experience.

So if you have been in Fukuoka, Osaka or Gifu please write something about your visit.
Yeah, same question here I heard good things about Genki school in Fukuoka - people told me that they gathered some good experiences.
Searching in web, I couldn´t find any school in Osaka ... can you tell me, if you´ve found one?

As for me, I´m currently researching a language school in Tokyo, named KAI. I read some good critiques about teachers and lessons. Maybe here is anyone around to tell me more about that school?

素晴らしい日ですね
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

10-09-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerula View Post
Yeah, same question here I heard good things about Genki school in Fukuoka - people told me that they gathered some good experiences.
Searching in web, I couldn´t find any school in Osaka ... can you tell me, if you´ve found one?

As for me, I´m currently researching a language school in Tokyo, named KAI. I read some good critiques about teachers and lessons. Maybe here is anyone around to tell me more about that school?
I have never been to Gifu, so I can't really comment, though if you are looking for a place where it offer you some entertainment, night life, shopping and big city scene outside of your studies or during down time, I'd say Osaka will be the best. Fukuoka is a nice place too, but Osaka is a much bigger city....
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Caerula (Offline)
JF Regular

10-09-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
I have never been to Gifu, so I can't really comment, though if you are looking for a place where it offer you some entertainment, night life, shopping and big city scene outside of your studies or during down time, I'd say Osaka will be the best. Fukuoka is a nice place too, but Osaka is a much bigger city....
Actually Osaka was my favourite, because I have "connections" (so you could say) there. But even this circumstance doesn´t help me to find something out about any language schools in that city

That´s why I am now dealing with Tokyo

素晴らしい日ですね
(#5 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

10-12-2011, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerula View Post

You've gotta be kidding.

Yahoo!検索 - 大阪 日本語学校

Quote:
Strangely, I also often hear about that school even though I have never looked for a Japanese language school.

I have been to each of the three cities multiple times. Among the three, only people in Gifu speak anywhere near Standard Japanese if that is important to you guys.

Your Japanese proficiency shall be in direct proportion
to your true interest in the Japanese Mind.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
10-12-2011, 04:52 AM

I can`t comment on schools, but Gifu is a pretty decent place.
It is a smaller city with fewer non-Japanese speakers (cutting down the chances you`ll have to avoid learning Japanese, which may seem silly now - but those chances end up being a huge roadblock for a lot of people.)
It is close to both a very large city and to the countryside - you can head down to Nagoya just as easily as you can head over to the mountains.
It is also convenient for going to other places in Japan, being kind of smack dab in the middle of the country.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Caerula (Offline)
JF Regular

10-12-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
You've gotta be kidding.

Yahoo!検索 - 大阪 日本語学校

Strangely, I also often hear about that school even though I have never looked for a Japanese language school.
Well, I´m not kidding - actually I searched in web using my native language. And believe me or not, there wasn´t any useful hint. But I have to admit that I so far didn´t hit upon the idea of checking the english-speaking web. There I was finally successful. Ah, and thank you very much for posting the link.

As for the other school - I also found lots of informations, but the experience reports I read were relatively old. That´s why I´m looking forward to get more topical reports.

素晴らしい日ですね
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Obba3 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to Obba3
10-18-2011, 03:45 PM

Its all set now, i will travel to Gifu. Think i will like it there. Not sutch a mega big city like Tokyo or Osaka. I think i it will suit me.

I live in Sweden, native speech is Swedish my secound language is English. And im currently study japanese.
Feel free to ask about Sweden if you are interested.

はじめまして、わたしはロバートです よろしくおねが いします。