(#31 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
06-29-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post
The Russians were the ones who they feared and the Russian son of a bit**es were the ones who stopped the invasion of eastern Europe, forcing Nazi forces to draw back a lot of their forces to eastern
Battle of Stalingrad ^^

Germany went to shit cause all they could do was that blitzkrieg strategy which faild them while fighting in Russia. Besides, an autarky would have never worked.

I think that right from the star it was clear who'd win. When did I become such a patriot...?

Quote:
Norway got invaded...yes, so?
They didn't put up any resistence, and that made them think it'd be easy to invade the entire Europe, and Holland and Belgium (it only took like a couple days to conquer them) didn't help much either, and that's how they got to Paris and blah blah blah all of a sudden it was too late to react.

Anyway, it is true that they did fine with the supposed-to-be-A-bomb issue, but as Excessum said, theirs wasn't as devastating so it probably wouldn't have changed a thing (unless they had dediced to use it).

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#32 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

06-29-2007, 03:43 PM

I think it was kind of funny that they made it soo far into France.........but I am glad for the bulge!!!!!!!!!

IamKira
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
06-29-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Battle of Stalingrad ^^
I see that you did not sleep through your history classes... very very very good!
(though the city, the great battle was waged around, was Leningrad, just for the record)

Quote:
Germany went to shit cause all they could do was that blitzkrieg strategy which faild them while fighting in Russia. Besides, an autarky would have never worked.
I would argue with this statement, as although Blitzkrieg was the (only) key to their success, the completely new war waging strategies they used were the doors... with using all types of forces combined to achieve success, they started a new page in the great book of war which these days is used by all of the armies of the world...

Quote:
I think that right from the star it was clear who'd win.
Negative, it was clear only after the battle for Leningrad, you mentioned before... it was the turning point of WWII (not the D-Day or anything, as the Yankees love to believe)... and actually, as trivial it may not sound, in the WWII there was no real victor, there were only the losers, and biggest of them, of course, was Germany...

(#34 (permalink))
Old
ToKyO23 (Offline)
AzN dorko

Send a message via AIM to ToKyO23
06-29-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
I see that you did not sleep through your history classes... very very very good!
(though the city, the great battle was waged around, was Leningrad, just for the record)

I would argue with this statement, as although Blitzkrieg was the (only) key to their success, the completely new war waging strategies they used were the doors... with using all types of forces combined to achieve success, they started a new page in the great book of war which these days is used by all of the armies of the world...

Negative, it was clear only after the battle for Leningrad, you mentioned before... it was the turning point of WWII (not the D-Day or anything, as the Yankees love to believe)... and actually, as trivial it may not sound, in the WWII there was no real victor, there were only the losers, and biggest of them, of course, was Germany...

geeze >.> i admire ur intelligence haha
u would've been good in my debate courses i took last year
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

06-29-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Do I get some candy? xD

I had a great teacher, truth be said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum
The main problem was that they thought they were bigger than what they actually were. Does the Desert War ring a bell? General Rommel wasn't abel to deal with two things at the same time: fighting the English troopes and desperatly trying to find an oil well, all of this while being chased by General Montgomery. No wonder why the German army was beaten that time, but then again their Blitzkrieg (can't help thinking of the Ramones everytime I type this word) attack did work with Greece.

Quote:
it was clear only after the battle for Leningrad, you mentioned before... it was the turning point of WWII (not the D-Day or anything, as the Yankees love to believe)... and actually, as trivial it may not sound, in the WWII there was no real victor, there were only the losers, and biggest of them, of course, was Germany...
Well yeah, but since day 1 the Germans were almost like fighting alone. It was Hitler's fight. Italy wasn't as strong, and Japan was by their side cause they were afraid the USSR would grow bigger. They weren’t well coordinated and there was no love among them. xD

(#36 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

06-29-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
The main problem was that they thought they were bigger than what they actually were. Does the Desert War ring a bell? General Rommel wasn't abel to deal with two things at the same time: fighting the English troopes and desperatly trying to find an oil well, all of this while being chased by General Montgomery. No wonder why the German army was beaten that time, but then again their Blitzkrieg (can't help thinking of the Ramones everytime I type this word) attack did work with Greece.
Khm... it were not the Germans who attacked Greece... If you concentrate, you'll remember how your teacher told you that those were the Italian forces and, I must admit, that the theater of Africa did not interest me that much at the time i was reading all those WWII books, so i you can consider this being my weak spot And btw, the word "blitzkrieg" makes me remember a song as well... this song, actually: click
But, the whole main Devil damned point of the Blitzkrieg was the fact that Nazi's could not maintain a long-time warfare... so it is normal that they they were putting all their hopes in-to Africa and the middle-east... but, they forgot (or they did not knew) the old saying about putting all of your eggs in-to one basket... Too much Bavarian beer, i guess

Quote:
They weren’t well coordinated and there was no love among them. xD
No comments

(#37 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

06-30-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
it were not the Germans who attacked Greece... If you concentrate, you'll remember how your teacher told you that those were the Italian forces
Wrong.

Italy tried hard but they failed in their attempt to invade Greece, so the Germans -that already had Belgrade- started planning the invasion of Greece, whose army surrounded on April 21st (my bf's b-day, easy date to remember).

It won't let me hear the song, is it that one? --> Blitzkrieg - Yngwie Malmsteen - GoEar.com

Quote:
Too much Bavarian beer, i guess
More than likely.

(#38 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

06-30-2007, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Wrong.

Italy tried hard but they failed in their attempt to invade Greece, so the Germans -that already had Belgrade- started planning the invasion of Greece, whose army surrounded on April 21st (my bf's b-day, easy date to remember).
Ok, just to make sure, I looked up this fact in the internet:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia.org
Italy invaded Greece on October 28, 1940, from Italian occupied Albania but was quickly repulsed
1) Italian forces invaded Albania
2) They moved on to Greece
3) No Germans invovled

But Germans did invade Crete...

Quote:
It won't let me hear the song, is it that one? --> Blitzkrieg - Yngwie Malmsteen - GoEar.com
Nope... strange that rapidshare's ain't working, try the next link: blitzkrieg.mp3

(#39 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

07-01-2007, 01:07 AM

Quote:
1) Italian forces invaded Albania
2) They moved on to Greece
3) No Germans invovled

But Germans did invade Crete...
But they could not stay there for long. I've also checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The Italians invaded Greece, but were repulsed and driven back into Albania. Due to the success of the Greek counteroffensive, Germany was forced to intervene in April 1941, invading Yugoslavia and Greece.
I win.

Quote:
Nope... strange that rapidshare's ain't working, try the next link: blitzkrieg.mp3
I'm sorry I can't hear that one either ò_Ó
It says I've gotta download some stuff...

(#40 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

07-01-2007, 01:16 AM

The point i was holding on was that Italians did invade the greece, but id did not say that they succeeded in it, did i? think of me as a sore looser or whatever, but the Italians were the 1st ones to cross the borders of Greece, but they were pushed out... so, technically, they invaded 1st... Germans took over later on...

Quote:
I'm sorry I can't hear that one either ò_Ó
It says I've gotta download some stuff...
lol, you are not supposed to hear it, you are supposed to download the mp3 and then play it

Last edited by Excessum : 07-01-2007 at 11:48 AM.