JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
BancheexBeauty (Offline)
JF Regular

01-21-2008, 07:31 PM

I see a lot of people wearing it in the Anime conventions, huh?
Not that it's bad, I just don't think it looks good on me!
But it didn't stop me from buying one from Body Shop in Harajuku! I got the Wa-Lolita since they had this big sale of 50$ lolita sets.

-Sometimes you have to do the things you don't want to do, so you can do that things you want to.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
vulpes (Offline)
New to JF

01-28-2008, 05:23 PM

I guess not everyone would consider me to be 'proper lolita' but I wear cute lolita skirts (with peticoatss) with mary janes and casual tees and generally try to dress 'cutely'

I'm not currently residing in the US (have done) but the UK isn't all that different to America

anyway, sometimes I get funny looks, it probaby doesnt help that I'm quiet tall so in platforms I'd stand out anyway, but genrally people will leave me alone, sometimes I get compliments (especially at craft shows and the markets in london)

I won't lie and say everyones nice, I have been called a hooker!?! maybe its the french maid connection? but the negative comments are usualy at night from people staggering out of pubs so I don't let it bother me

you should wear whatever you like
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Mika (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Mika
01-28-2008, 06:19 PM

I love the style!! It's impossible to get clothes like that in my country. I bought some skirts made out of tullè (tul in spanish, don't know the word in english) and ribbons when I went to Argentina and back in my country I couldn't walk 2 blocks without people in the street screaming negative stuffs at me. It's extremely rare here. But I don't care, I dress the way I want. People are boring here, no one has an unique style, they all wear the same clothes.

I want a revolution too!!
(#24 (permalink))
Old
NightChilde25 (Offline)
In my own little world

Send a message via AIM to NightChilde25 Send a message via Yahoo to NightChilde25
01-28-2008, 07:42 PM

I adore the gothic lolita style. It's hard for me to find things in my size unless I make them myself. I'm not even near skinny. Every now and then I'll get lucky and find something in the stores. I don't wear lolita fashion everyday but when I do, I don't get any really negative remarks. Mostly I get compliments on my tops and am asked where I get them. The worst thing that I have ever had anyone do has been to roll their eyes as I go by. My best friend did it all the time when she lived near by. Of course I also get those "You're so wierd" comments, but they are said by my friends in a laughing, kidding way and I don't take offense to it. I just tell them that they're right and go on my way. I say go for it, if that's what you want to do. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks but you.

(#25 (permalink))
Old
Shinigamisaku (Offline)
lonely in gorgeous

01-29-2008, 10:19 PM

i know! i hate when some store only carry tiny sizes! i love to dress lolita but alot of the stores i love only make sizes for lil asain girls>,<
(#26 (permalink))
Old
CarleyGee (Offline)
staring at awkward legs

Send a message via AIM to CarleyGee Send a message via MSN to CarleyGee
02-04-2008, 10:07 PM

I've never tried the style, but I would definately wear it out if I had an outfit.
You just have to be the kind of person who doesn't care about the reactions
you might get from people.
With certain styles, I might only wear the top or the socks or something, just
so it's not TOO crazy and sudden. Because I have never seen anyone around
here wear anything like that. But I'm the kind of person who would.
Don't have the money though, haha.

Help my Cause for homeless teens!
http://www.socialvibe.com/CarleyGee

R.I.P Johnny
3-31-09

http://www.formspring.me/CarleyRenee17
Ask me any question
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Lasandra (Offline)
ah! megami-sama

Send a message via Yahoo to Lasandra
i changed my mind.... - 02-06-2008, 04:02 PM

i luv the style but wouldn't wear it. i'll stand out way too much where i live

Nah, you can't touch my boobs
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Konata (Offline)
LEMONed

Send a message via MSN to Konata
02-08-2008, 08:39 PM

If you dress in something you love, does standing out matter? But PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE WEAR LOLITA PROPERLY. TTOOTT It makes my CRY BLOOD when I see itarori everywhere in my country! It's just sad. You WILL be the subject of ridicule if you a) wear clothes with raschel lace b) don't wear socks c) wear any other shoes than mary janes, rocking horses or nice boots d) your skirt is too short (it's supposed to be knee length) or e) wear Bodyline or Rakuen. I wear gothic lolita myself. That's what lolita in general is called in Japan. In the west world my subfashion is called sweet lolita. It's cute and mostly pastel colored. You might want to check out the lolita handbook on LJ before you even try out the fashion. Do it properly, once and for all. If you do it wrong, I will personally be the one to put you down.

I know what I'm going to say is a matter of OPINION. This is my PERSONAL opinion, so please, don't be mad because of what I say. Now onwards. One of the most important points of lolita fashion is, that it's not only clothes. It's also thoughts. It's, for most, a way of life. That doesn't mean you only sip tea and take walks etc. It means you speak properly and have generally good manners. I hate to see when a lolita cannot behave properly. This also includes proper grammar and punctuation, EVEN ONLINE.

Do it wrong on egl, you end up on getoffegl and are going to get hate mail. Do it wrong elsewhere, you end up on egl_fail_tales and are going to get hate mail. Deal with it.

Now where are my fangirls?

Curtsy while thinking about what to say, it saves time.

Find me at X JAPAN in Paris, July '08! WE ARE X!!
(#29 (permalink))
Old
kireikoori (Offline)
Haplogroup N(Y-DNA)

02-08-2008, 10:24 PM

Japan makes some nifty contributions to Western things.
Great to see Westerners wear their style of Goth. It affirms their contribution to Neo-Victorianism when Westerners wear Gothic Lolita.

I haven't worn the stuff, but I think it might be kinda neat to. But umm...I dunno exactly where to buy. I've seen online stores before but I forget the URLs.

I have enough clothes, that's why I haven't bought any yet.

Q: Who cares what other people think?!?!
A: Japanese people do.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuzuki
02-08-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kireikoori View Post
Japan makes some nifty contributions to Western things.
Great to see Westerners wear their style of Goth. It affirms their contribution to Neo-Victorianism when Westerners wear Gothic Lolita.

I haven't worn the stuff, but I think it might be kinda neat to. But umm...I dunno exactly where to buy. I've seen online stores before but I forget the URLs.

I have enough clothes, that's why I haven't bought any yet.
heh me too :3 But I makes many gothic clothes by my self =D and It looks soooooooooooooo cool lol but sometimes to cute ^^"""

ギャー(*0*((◎—————ー(°°; ) スッポヌケ〜
✿ あなた だけ が みれば いい... 狂気と真実は紙一重 ✿

そして坊やは眠りについて 息衝く灰の中の炎ひとつ、ふたつと 浮かぶふくらみ愛しい横顔 大地に垂るる幾千の夢、夢 銀の瞳のゆら(◕‿‿◕ )
It's a thin line between genius and stupidity. Once you cross it there is no going back!! Luckily I have tippex and a pen so I can just redraw it where I like!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =_=

†♫†