LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
SmMo (Offline)
@ Uni and lurking on JF

03-07-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasi View Post
There is nowhere that people go to cosplay on weekdays because they are all at school or work. I agree that cosplay is not as huge in Japan as a lot of people on this forum seem to think. There are a few girls who hang out on the bridge outside Meiji Shrine, but less than there used to be. Since they became a tourist attraction the tourists waaaay outnumber the girls these days. Other than that it's just during the big conventions, and the weirdly (but not really cosplay) dressed people in Harajuku and to some extent Shibuya.
That is so spot on, especially the popularity thing.

girls in maid uniforms always wander around in akihabara but thats just promoting the cafes and they don't like their picture taken, mostly you see them pamphlets in hand, looking bored talking to someone on their phone.

Laid back.

Has Claimed Aya Kamiki, mine!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
jbradfor (Offline)
JF Regular

03-08-2010, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Look at the link posted above.
I did. It said "In order to experience the teenage culture at its most extreme, visit Harajuku on a Sunday". Alas, that is not when I'm going to be in Tokyo, so I was hoping for a second best.

@sarasi, thanks for answering my question. That's what I assumed/feared, but was just hoping.