JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
01-14-2008, 01:02 AM

Best way to learn any language is to immerse yourself in it completely.

But since most of us don't live in Japan or in Japanese communities, the best bet is to get as much material as possible that allows you to hear native speakers and just listen. Learning vocabulary out of a book is useful, too, but it's pretty weak unless supplemented.

Rosetta Stone is supposed to work great, too! Go to their website and try their free demonstration--I believe it's done in Flash, so you'll need that. But it basically takes you through a full lesson in Turkish. And it worked. I now know how to say "girl," "boy," and "man" in Turkish. This was from a five minute demonstration O_O .

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-14-2008, 01:07 AM

Also... learning at high school/university etc. is probably better too. That way you are in a class with other people learning the language and you are being guided by the teacher who you can also ask for help from.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
kaizer (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to kaizer Send a message via Skype™ to kaizer
Amnell - 07-01-2008, 07:33 AM

A person should know turkish first you mean?
@Amnell