LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
EbOny (Offline)
Oo.. A brand New Me ..oO

Does what I said in japanese make any sense??? - 02-16-2008, 02:04 PM

それを要求しない当惑の1時がすべての生命当惑するべ� �であること費用を要求するため

or this 検索結果はありませんでした。

I wanna say Asking for a single moment doesnt cost any embarrassment, but if you dont it's being embarrassed for life lol

...oo...We Are The Way We Want To Be...oo ...

" Asking Only Costs a single moment of embarassment,
but dO nOt Asking It's being embarassed for a life time.."

Last edited by EbOny : 02-16-2008 at 02:11 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
filiadragongurl (Offline)
Japan Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to filiadragongurl
02-16-2008, 03:38 PM

You really pulled words straight from a dictionary, didn't you :-Þ

Well, I think your grammer is a little off, but because you used a lot of dictionary words which I don't know how to properly use, I don't think I can help you with that. Also, can you say in romaji what's after "suru be" and before "de aru koto"? I'm getting boxes instead of kanji^_^;;

The one thing I can tell you for sure though, 1時 (ichi zi) will never be used to say "one time" because it's "one o'clock". That's part of the problem of pulling stuff straight from a dictionary... You were looking for "a single moment" and though I don't know exactly how to say it, I looked up something that seems closer to what you're looking for: 一刻 which should mean "one moment".

Let's see... if I were to write the sentence that you wanted to, I think I would say something more like:

一刻を頼んでEMBARASSMENTのCOSTはないけど頼まないと一生� �のEMBARASSMENTになります。

ikkoku o tanonde EMBARASSMENT no COST wa nai kedo tanomanai to isshoujuu no EMBARASSMENT ni narimasu.

The words in caps are obviously in english and you should replace them with the roughly equivalent Japanese word of choice^_^; Translating what I wrote *back* into English... "Ask for one moment and there is no cost of embarassment, but if you don't ask, it becomes a lifetime of embarassment". Does that help?

Oh, and the other thing looks okay, but out of context at least, I would use "ga" instead of "wa" but that's just me.

Last edited by filiadragongurl : 02-16-2008 at 03:42 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
02-16-2008, 04:12 PM

hey.. what with the "?" symbol?

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#4 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
02-16-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyo_9 View Post
hey.. what with the "?" symbol?
I see "?" too, but that's because the computer I'm currently using isn't mine, and this computer isn't equipped to read foreign text. Maybe the same applies to you.

Of course this is driving me crazy, since I was curious what the sentence said, but this computer can't seem to show Japanese text.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-16-2008, 11:50 PM

i'm getting a couple of "?" as well and my system language is Japanese.. haha. mostly it shows up correctly. very odd encoding.

it is never a good idea to rely purely on a dictionary english to japanese look up. you need to know how the words are used. if your dictionary doesn't give same sentences of it's use and some explanation then i suggest you get a new dictionary because that one is useless.

要求 should not be used in this sentence, this means demand, serious request. it has a serious meaning to it.

費用 is used for money things, is this what you are wanting to say? if doesn't cost $$

生命当惑 - is not one word but two, so you should have some sort of particle in here i would think... but then i wouldn't use any of these words.
生命 - life, existence. is this the meaning you want? I believe 一生 is the best word for this sentence.
当惑 - perplexity, embarrassment, confusion, bewilderment (i'm not sure you want this meaning) you could use the noune 恥 - shame, embarrassment or the advective 恥ずかしい or the verb 恥じらう

to be honest i don't believe your english grammar is correct either.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Debezo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-17-2008, 07:25 AM

as the proverb,
聞くは一時の恥、聞かぬは一生の恥
kiku ha ittoki no haji, kikanu ha isshou no haji.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-17-2008, 08:22 AM

now that is the best way... although it is not exactly as the person was saying in english. but i think that is what they probably wanted.

for those interested ぬ is an archaic negative like ない and applies only to verbs and is commonly found in proverbs.

i really need to learn some Japanese proverbs.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Debezo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-17-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
now that is the best way... although it is not exactly as the person was saying in english. but i think that is what they probably wanted.

for those interested ぬ is an archaic negative like ない and applies only to verbs and is commonly found in proverbs.

i really need to learn some Japanese proverbs.
thank you for your additional explanation.
and I'm sorry for my poor English.

Last edited by Debezo : 02-17-2008 at 04:38 PM. Reason: forgot quote
(#9 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-17-2008, 10:46 PM

no no... your english is great and your help is greatly appreciated.