JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
uruze (Offline)
New to JF

i'm learning japanese and i need to practice - 09-18-2008, 01:35 AM

i'm currently taking japanese i'm planning to minor in it i need practice with my sentence structures and just getting use to writting and speaking japanese if anyone has tips i would appreciate it
(#2 (permalink))
Old
kaelazors (Offline)
おっす!

09-18-2008, 06:07 AM

all i can say is practice as much as you can, esp w/ classmates or any native speakers you know. i'm actually planning on picking up a minor in japanese too. good luck!

hello kitty clan leader
anime romance clan delegate

バスガス爆発ブスバスガイド ;]
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
09-18-2008, 06:41 AM

Since you're taking it in a classroom setting, you should form study groups and study together with your classmates. Whatever vocab you guys learn in each section, study it and try to form sentences using the new vocabulary.

As for Hiragana and Katakana, just keep writing it out until you memorize it. As for Kanji...I guess, in theory, you should do the same as the Hiragana and Katakana.

All that aside, you have a great advantage. You can have a bunch of people to work with. In my case, since I'm older and taking "lessons", there was only one other person with me for the time I took it (after work, when I had a job). It's only once a week too. Now I'm back to being by myself again, which means a lot of self study. I wish I was in the situation where I could work with a group of people to help improve. Seems that would be more helpful that being in a class by yourself.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 09-18-2008 at 06:49 AM.