JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
jesselt (Offline)
弱肉強食

08-15-2009, 09:27 AM

Tattoo artists aren't retarded most of the time, so if you give them an enlarged picture of a Kanji they can probably handle copying it. I believe that it is often the person getting the tattoo that made the mistake.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-15-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesselt View Post
Tattoo artists aren't retarded most of the time, so if you give them an enlarged picture of a Kanji they can probably handle copying it. I believe that it is often the person getting the tattoo that made the mistake.
Hehehe... make sure it isn't inverted. LOL.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#23 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

08-15-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmt616 View Post
はじめまして、 私の名前は クリストファーさん で す。
I was looking for some help for my tattoo that I would like to get.
I would like it to say, What's my age again? In 日本語 but this is as far as I can get! Help would be appreciated!
私の何歳ですか。
I'm saddened that no one in three pages has pointed out to you that you never use さん to refer to yourself.

Also don't get a kanji tattoo. See hanzismatter.com for reasons. Even if you get a correct translation, your tattoo artist will inevitably screw it up.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
KaiTea (Offline)
Stuck man.

08-15-2009, 05:16 PM

I wonder, do people in Asia get a tattoo on their arm with English words? Like "Sky", "Warrior", "Water", "Power", and all the other Kanji people, in America, would get on their arm?

I guess people think it is more symbolic when one has a tattoo in foreign writing....

-shrugs-
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Deviruu (Offline)
オワタ!

08-15-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
I'm saddened that no one in three pages has pointed out to you that you never use さん to refer to yourself.

Also don't get a kanji tattoo. See hanzismatter.com for reasons. Even if you get a correct translation, your tattoo artist will inevitably screw it up.
Silly, it was pointed out on page two.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

08-15-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I might point out, packetpirate, that you should have removed the 「さん」 from his sentence as well, since you never refer to yourself with that honorific.
As Devirru pointed out.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
packetpirate (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to packetpirate Send a message via MSN to packetpirate Send a message via Skype™ to packetpirate
08-15-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiTea View Post
I wonder, do people in Asia get a tattoo on their arm with English words? Like "Sky", "Warrior", "Water", "Power", and all the other Kanji people, in America, would get on their arm?

I guess people think it is more symbolic when one has a tattoo in foreign writing....

-shrugs-
I saw an article detailing how people in China were being tricked into using the equivalent of the English version of our "fake chinese alphabet"... (you know, the one they use 26 different characters to 'spell' English names?) They were getting tattoos of words like "FROMP" and "JSKAF" and random crap like that.

俺はサゲだ!
これが読みません。
(#28 (permalink))
Old
KaiTea (Offline)
Stuck man.

08-16-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packetpirate View Post
I saw an article detailing how people in China were being tricked into using the equivalent of the English version of our "fake chinese alphabet"... (you know, the one they use 26 different characters to 'spell' English names?) They were getting tattoos of words like "FROMP" and "JSKAF" and random crap like that.
LOL. That's just sad. But genius at the same time.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Dima (Offline)
New to JF

手助けをしてください - 08-18-2009, 02:42 PM

みなさん、こんにちは!
私の名前はディマです。私はウクライナに住んでいます 。私は学生で、医学を学ぶ。日本語をよく習したいから 、手助けをしてください。日本語でコミュニケーション したい。そのほかに、日本の友人に会いたい。
ロシア語で、英語、ドイツ語とフランス語で話すことが できて、この言語を学ぶことができますよ。
私に書いてください!
私のmail:[email protected]
(#30 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-18-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmt616 View Post
First of all. If you liked Blink-182 at all. You would know why I am getting the tattoo. Blink-182 makes me feel younger. I'm 19 but I act very young sometimes. Therefore I would like to get a tattoo representing my youth. And it's the summer and I've only taken one semester of Japanese, so I have forgotten a lot. But anyway. Thanks for not helping and everyone being a complete douche bag, just because I put spaces in or elongated my introduction. So thanks for not helping me at all!
俺、何歳やったっけ?