JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
jalalq (Offline)
New to JF

Need translation to Japanese please - 12-13-2010, 06:50 PM

Hi all

i have a heating device made in Japan (National OH-D50), could you please translate the buttons and everything in the bellow three images for me please, i could not find any information of this device on the net

hope to hear from you soon..

thanks a lot

NO. 1

NO. 2

No. 3

Last edited by jalalq : 12-14-2010 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Resize the images
(#2 (permalink))
Old
chryuop (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-13-2010, 09:01 PM

This are huge pictures...makes it hard to read (or makes me nervous enough to the extent so that not want to read it)....hahahaha recognize the ほど in there? LOL

降り注ぐ雨 マジで冷てぇ
暗闇の中 歩くしかねぇ
everything’s gonna be okay 恐れることねぇ
辛い時こそ胸を張れ
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Decimus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-14-2010, 01:12 AM

3rd pic is the same as the 2nd.

Using thumbnails might be useful for high resolution pics. Like so.

Yes, these images are (hastily) 'shopped.

Last edited by Decimus : 12-14-2010 at 01:21 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-14-2010, 01:47 AM

does that ever look like a heated toilet seat at first glance.....

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Decimus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-14-2010, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
does that ever look like a heated toilet seat at first glance.....
Oh yes it does. Especially the "double odour removal" (chlorine, I presume) and "handwashing" (why on earth would anyone wash the pot while it's plugged in) parts.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-14-2010, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decimus View Post
Oh yes it does. Especially the "double odour removal" (chlorine, I presume) and "handwashing" (why on earth would anyone wash the pot while it's plugged in) parts.
When I saw the handwashing I gagged a little and thought there's no way it's on the toilet ><

But the odour removal is super common on the oshiri's lol ><

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

12-14-2010, 05:00 AM

Quote:
In my opinion (and I'm pretty serious when I say this), one of the great bathroom innovations of Japan is to merge the toilet and sink into one unit. My hostmother's toilet had a sink above the tank. When you'd flush, the tank's water would empty into the toilet like with any regular toilet.

However, fresh, clean water would flow from the pipes to the sink for you to wash your hands. The water would then go down the drain of the sink and into the tank for the next flush. In effect, it's a hand washing solution that adds no water to your monthly water bill.

Oh yeah, and it saves space, too.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-14-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
In my opinion (and I'm pretty serious when I say this), one of the great bathroom innovations of Japan is to merge the toilet and sink into one unit. My hostmother's toilet had a sink above the tank. When you'd flush, the tank's water would empty into the toilet like with any regular toilet.

However, fresh, clean water would flow from the pipes to the sink for you to wash your hands. The water would then go down the drain of the sink and into the tank for the next flush. In effect, it's a hand washing solution that adds no water to your monthly water bill.

Oh yeah, and it saves space, too.
yeah my can has that same nozzle above the tank, every time I flush I get a little water fountain to wash my hands in, great innovation.
But have you ever seen one electronically controlled by the oshiri thing? that's a different fountain altogether lol

(#9 (permalink))
Old
jalalq (Offline)
New to JF

12-14-2010, 06:18 AM

this is not a place to discuss a toilet issues

i will edit the pictures to be small and i will put numbers on the buttons so to be easy to translate

thank you all
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Decimus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-14-2010, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalalq View Post
this is not a place to discuss a toilet issues

i will edit the pictures to be small and i will put numbers on the buttons so to be easy to translate

thank you all
I had already translated two of the images you've provided, and the third image is an exact duplicate of the second (as of this time of writing), so I see no reason to translate it.

Click on the thumbnail images to 'zoom in'.

And yes, it does say "Double odour removal" (as in "it removes chlorine well") and "Handwashing". (presumably the indicator light under it turns on when you are washing the pot by hand, 'though why on earth anyone would leave the pot plugged in while cleaning is anybody's guess.)

Quote:
3rd pic is the same as the 2nd.

Using thumbnails might be useful for high resolution pics. Like so.

Yes, these images are (hastily) 'shopped.

Last edited by Decimus : 12-14-2010 at 06:25 AM.