普通女だと思わせたいならその辺全部消した上でやるだ ろうし、そういうとこがヒントになって誰か気付くかも とか思ってたのですが。
そして、「男なわけないじゃん」という発言。ここから 一気に荒れると予想してました。
ちょうどそのときの文の前半部を下から縦読みで読むと 、「ほんとは男ですけっどね」になり、男だと宣言して たんですwww
私から見ると、「もう男だって言ってるのに何必死にや ってんのwwwwこいつらwwww」
って感じでm9(^Д^)プギャー!してました。
ちなみに前回のも「まあバレバレとは思うけど男です」 になる
引っ張れば引っ張るほど、もっと他に確定的な証拠はな いかと探し回ってくれて、ニヤニヤしながら見させても らってましたw
ってか、20歳過ぎて友達に自分の服着せてたとか苦し紛� ��な言い訳する馬鹿がどこにいるのかとwwwww
Here, we expect a person to make an attempt before we help. This is a website for learning the language, not getting free translations. So crack open that dictionary!

Last edited by KyleGoetz : 12-27-2010 at 06:44 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-27-2010, 06:55 AM

★☆★日本語→英語スレPart362★☆★
http://kamome.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/english/1293065920/

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Maxful (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-27-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
Here, we expect a person to make an attempt before we help. This is a website for learning the language, not getting free translations. So crack open that dictionary!

What you had written is fair in a certain way. But what if the thread starter doesn't understand Japanese at all and need help on translation and doesn't have enough money to seek help from a translator? Do you still expect him to make an attempt first?

You wrote "Here, we expect a person to make an attempt before we help." but maybe you should alter the "We" to "I".

You should probably also flash back a little and remind yourself how difficult it was for you when you first learn Japanese and how you wish that there is someone there to guide you and help you.

Just because you are able to write and speak proper Japanese now doesn't mean everyone else here can.

I am sure you wouldn't had said the same thing if you are still a beginner 1 student right now.

百の失敗より一つの後悔をしたくない。

失敗をしない人間はいない。 いるのは失敗から立ち直れない奴と
立ち直れる奴だ。

Last edited by Maxful : 12-27-2010 at 01:02 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Maxful (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-27-2010, 12:38 PM

It is fine if you do not want to help, but don't say things that hurt other people feelings.

百の失敗より一つの後悔をしたくない。

失敗をしない人間はいない。 いるのは失敗から立ち直れない奴と
立ち直れる奴だ。

Last edited by Maxful : 12-27-2010 at 12:40 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

12-27-2010, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxful View Post
It is fine if you do not want to help, but don't say things that hurt other people feelings.
What I said should not have hurt anyone's feelings.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

12-27-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxful View Post
What you had written is fair in a certain way. But what if the thread starter doesn't understand Japanese at all and need help on translation and doesn't have enough money to seek help from a translator? Do you still expect him to make an attempt first?
The tone of this post should be interpreted as matter-of-fact rather than haughty or mean-spirited.

For the most part, yes, barring extenuating circumstances like "this is from a letter a woman wrote to my grandfather; he just died; we're hoping to find out what it says."

Quote:
You wrote "Here, we expect a person to make an attempt before we help." but maybe you should alter the "We" to "I".
What? I parroted standard JF policy. MMM, masaegu, Sashimister, NagoYankee, and others have said the same thing; I am definitely not the first.

Quote:
You should probably also flash back a little and remind yourself how difficult it was for you when you first learn Japanese and how you wish that there is someone there to guide you and help you.
Me telling someone to try and translate something first is exactly what a student needs. Me giving a translation is what no student needs.

Quote:
Just because you are able to write and speak proper Japanese now doesn't mean everyone else here can.

I am sure you wouldn't had said the same thing if you are still a beginner 1 student right now.
A beginner 1 student has no business trying to translate that, let alone not try, and then ask someone else to without making any effort himself. You learn by doing, not by asking someone to do it for you. To just hand out a translation to OP, if it is to be used pedagogically, would be to hinder his education, not help it.

This is why in Japanese class you have homework assignments where you do translations yourself rather than just have the teacher give you the answers.

Let me point out here that I'm not being mean or rude. I'm doing exactly what a teacher would do if you asked him to translate a book for you: he would say "you try it yourself first; then I'll help where you need it."

Last edited by KyleGoetz : 12-27-2010 at 11:52 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ElfenLied (Offline)
New to JF

12-31-2010, 02:52 AM

As a matter of fact, I did try to translate it myself. I first tried an online translator but I should have known from the start that that wouldn't be much help as the sentences hardly made any sense after translation. I tried actually translating some of it myself but to no avail, if you guys would like to assist me in translating it myself that would be much appreciated as well.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
ElfenLied (Offline)
New to JF

12-31-2010, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siokan View Post
★☆★日本語→英語スレPart362★☆★
http://kamome.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/english/1293065920/
What am I supposed to be looking at here?
(#10 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

01-01-2011, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfenLied View Post
As a matter of fact, I did try to translate it myself. I first tried an online translator but I should have known from the start that that wouldn't be much help as the sentences hardly made any sense after translation. I tried actually translating some of it myself but to no avail, if you guys would like to assist me in translating it myself that would be much appreciated as well.
Give us what you've got so far and we can help make corrections. Why don't you take what you got from Babelfish, try to make it sound like natural English, and then we can take a look at it.

But be advised that the advanced speakers here tend to prefer to help people studying the language and trying to improve their Japanese over someone who just wants a free translation.

But you might get lucky; there is someone here who literally does nothing but what I've suggested you do (online translator + make it sound more native), and the person is getting help from a native speaker on multiple, very long passages of difficult Japanese.