JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Music (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/)
-   -   Utada Hikaru Anyone...? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/3657-utada-hikaru-anyone.html)

nakamura25 03-24-2008 03:26 PM

have you tried her newer songs yet...i think her new ones are better than the ones back then like sanctuary or simple and clean

clairebear 03-27-2008 08:52 PM

I've only heard "First love" and she can actually sing, unlike most female J-poppers xD

CelestialChild 03-27-2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear (Post 438435)
I've only heard "First love" and she can actually sing, unlike most female J-poppers xD

First in love is definitely one of my favorites by her.

In regards to other Jpop singers, I used to think the same way. Now I realize that many of them actually can sing, but they use certain nasally and/or high pitched sounds that are very popular with pop music right now. At first I thought Ayumi Hamasaki was horrible, [and some of her early songs I still don't like as much], but after really listening to her one day and watching her perform, I suddenly understand her appeal. She's now one of my favorites. I think perhaps with a lot of other singers it's a great deal of how we view them with western tastes than their lacking the skills to sing.

But anyway, has everyone heard she is working on another English album?

AllICanSay 04-02-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelestialChild (Post 438450)
But anyway, has everyone heard she is working on another English album?

Jup we heard, or at least I heard that :D CAN'T WAIT!!

animelover32 04-02-2008 08:47 PM

I like Utada, but I prefer Ayumi Hamasaki's music more than hers. I also like Utada's english songs more than her japanese ones. I'm not sure why, I just do.

khikarugal 04-14-2008 11:14 PM

Utada Hikaru is the best! I love ALL of her songs. She's amazing. I just bought her latest album HEART STATION.

Miyavifan 05-28-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllICanSay (Post 91402)
She lived in New York when she was young giving her the american accent.

I'm just catching up. I read she was born there. It was when I decided to listen to her music, through a Barnes and Noble listening station.

I actually like her singing. I wonder if there are any songs in the request thread.

americaneaglelover 05-28-2008 03:24 PM

I am a HUGE fan of hers too. I can't believe that she is so young and acheving so much. I'm not lying when I tell people this... I know ALL the lyrics to her DEEP RIVER album. It's just so freakin addictive. I even like her new album "Heart Station". OMG! If I'm not in love with it, I don't know what. I mean, she is my fave J-pop artist. ^.^

Rayfain 05-28-2008 04:18 PM

I've only heard Simple and Clean but i thought it was great so i'll be listening to more of her work from now on.

Kelia 05-28-2008 04:40 PM

I have all of her cd's. Shes always been one of my favs. Shes so amazing. Anyone seen the Utada United concert? OMG it was cool. Though, her new cd Heart Station wasn't all that fantastic to me.