JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Nathan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-02-2008, 02:39 AM

I don't really follow Japanese baseball now that I'm back in Canada. Maybe if I go back to Japan
(#22 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

06-02-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post
I wish the Inter-League games were over. The Dragons play so poorly in Inter-League every year.

You guys losing interest in the Tigers, BTW? No one has posted here in a long time now.
well, that is because hanshin hasn't played too well either in the inter-league games (is that the official title in english?). at least giant r now down to 4th spot.

fortunately though, yesterday hanshin swept away the opposition win when crushing the hams in the 10th inning!!! kanemoto had a single home run, while yano had two good two base hits getting runners in on both occasions. trustworthy veteran fujikawa then closed the deal in the back of the 10th inning.

六甲颪(おろし)に 颯爽(さっそう)と
蒼天(そうてん)翔(か)ける日輪(にちりん)の
青春の覇気 美(うるわ)しく
輝く我が名ぞ 阪神タイガース
※オウ オウ オウオウ 阪神タイガース フレ フレ フレフレ
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

06-02-2008, 02:37 PM

Actually I'm not sure if 'inter-league' is the official name. I don't think they (NPB) ever release any info in English, either. I used it because that's what it's called in the Major League Baseball.

In any case, Kanemoto and Arai keep hitting greatly. You guys' team still has the momentum, which is hard to believe after two months since the start of the season. Man, I gotta go get a six-pack...
(#24 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

06-03-2008, 02:31 AM

it is funny since i reckon most ppl watching baseball being non-japanese already know the terms from MBL, me on the other hand come from a country where baseball is more or less non-existing, meaning that i know the termonology in japanese a lot better than english. it wouldn't surprise me if i am not the only one. whatever i know of the terminology in english comes from BS's broadcasts in english of the MBL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post
In any case, Kanemoto and Arai keep hitting greatly. You guys' team still has the momentum, which is hard to believe after two months since the start of the season. Man, I gotta go get a six-pack...
i am a seasoned fan of hanshin, there is still plenty of time for them to slump. 泣

六甲颪(おろし)に 颯爽(さっそう)と
蒼天(そうてん)翔(か)ける日輪(にちりん)の
青春の覇気 美(うるわ)しく
輝く我が名ぞ 阪神タイガース
(#25 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

06-04-2008, 12:25 PM

hanshin bounced back after yesterday's embarrassing defeat against rakuten with a win against the very same. veteran kanemoto again showed good form with a home run with two runners on first and on third, reliever williams and closer fujikawa made no mistakes and victory was brought home to osaka. 5-2.

on friday hanshin is visited by softbank at koshien and then again on saturday.

六甲颪(おろし)に 颯爽(さっそう)と
蒼天(そうてん)翔(か)ける日輪(にちりん)の
青春の覇気 美(うるわ)しく
輝く我が名ぞ 阪神タイガース
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

06-04-2008, 10:13 PM

You guys now have 17 wins over 500. All you have to do is win only half of the remaining games to take the pennant. Not a happy thought....

What keeps the veteran Kanemoto going is a mystery. This player doesn't get old: He only gets better.

And I disappear into the morning Shinjuku crowd.........
(#27 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

06-05-2008, 09:39 AM

what do u mean old?
how old is kudoh 工藤 公康?
kanemoto is in his prime age my friend.

六甲颪(おろし)に 颯爽(さっそう)と
蒼天(そうてん)翔(か)ける日輪(にちりん)の
青春の覇気 美(うるわ)しく
輝く我が名ぞ 阪神タイガース
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

06-05-2008, 10:43 AM

Well, Kudo is 45. That's like MMM pitching in pro-baseball.

And I agree with you about Kanemoto being in his prime now. These guys must have really invested in their own bodies all these years and it's all paid off.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

06-06-2008, 12:38 AM

well, to be honest i think it only shows that u can get away with not being super fit in baseball. not saying that kanemoto is in that category, but what was the name of the chubby batter from the dominican republic(?) who played for giants in say 2000(?) martinez (?) or something, let's just say that he wasn't the fastest player around. he had some "kawaii" nickname too. i hate it when i can't remember things.

i know i am not giving u much to go on, many questions marks there.

六甲颪(おろし)に 颯爽(さっそう)と
蒼天(そうてん)翔(か)ける日輪(にちりん)の
青春の覇気 美(うるわ)しく
輝く我が名ぞ 阪神タイガース
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

06-06-2008, 01:42 AM

You're probably referring to Domingo Martinez, better known as Maru-chan. He batted okay but fielded like a little-leager.

Your two-game series against Softbank may be the best match-up this weekend, I think.