LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
UrikosRandomStalker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-21-2008, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdSight View Post
There's no way I could play that. I'd be so driven to hug it, there'd be no time to play it.
it makes a good pillow
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

10-21-2008, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER View Post
you would NEVER see FFVII remade on ANY system besides the main SONY system during the time it's remade....

Believe me..... it would not happen...
Unless Sony has the rights to the Final Fantasy 7 IP, don't have your fingers crossed for Sony exclusivity.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
JF Old Timer

10-22-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Unless Sony has the rights to the Final Fantasy 7 IP, don't have your fingers crossed for Sony exclusivity.
yeah...i agree. we all know what happened when we depended on sony for exclusive rights to a certain final fantasy game
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

10-22-2008, 01:17 AM

Uhm no.

It's more like 3rd party exclusives are a dwindling niche among game developers.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
JF Old Timer

10-22-2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Uhm no.

It's more like 3rd party exclusives are a dwindling niche among game developers.
that sounds like you're saying 3rd party publishers aren't doing exclusives anymore even though this thread is suposed to be discusing how 1/2 of SE's games are 360 exclusives. i don't wanna bring up blue dragon's studio for doing only 360 games.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

10-22-2008, 01:39 AM

Square enix's only exclusive game is Infinite Undiscovery. Star Ocean 3 is being developed by Tri-Ace and published by Square enix.

FFXIII is multi-platform.
FFXIII is PS3 exclusive.

Anything else major is coming out for handhelds.

So 1 game out of several is 360 exclusive. Remember, Star Ocean is not developed by Square Enix. Though Tri-Ace is a subsidiary it's still a different company.

You have to remember too WHY Star Ocean is on 360 (though sighs point to multi-platform, likely it will be.) There was hardly any development ground into the PS3 when Star Ocean started development, it was the only established HD territory for Tri Ace to work on. There was a choice to be made and the 360 had a better position, being more cost effective.

Before you guys go around spouting crap about how Square did this, Square did that, Square hates who. Try and think logically about it for just a minute.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
(#37 (permalink))
Old
JF Old Timer

10-22-2008, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Square enix's only exclusive game is Infinite Undiscovery. Star Ocean 3 is being developed by Tri-Ace and published by Square enix.

FFXIII is multi-platform.
FFXIII is PS3 exclusive.

Anything else major is coming out for handhelds.

So 1 game out of several is 360 exclusive. Remember, Star Ocean is not developed by Square Enix. Though Tri-Ace is a subsidiary it's still a different company.

You have to remember too WHY Star Ocean is on 360 (though sighs point to multi-platform, likely it will be.) There was hardly any development ground into the PS3 when Star Ocean started development, it was the only established HD territory for Tri Ace to work on. There was a choice to be made and the 360 had a better position, being more cost effective.

Before you guys go around spouting crap about how Square did this, Square did that, Square hates who. Try and think logically about it for just a minute.
so you're saying, give it time and SE will begin more multi platform stuff?

and i warned you on the first post of this thread that there would be arguments and stuff like that. lol
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

10-25-2008, 06:14 PM

As for I'm one of those pissed gamers about the 360 games by SE...

How would everybody feel if more SE games were go be released on the Wii?

I know there's the Chocobo Dungeon, but what if FFXIII would really be released for the Wii also? What if it were to be released not on the 360, but Wii instead?

I want to hear your reactions to this.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#39 (permalink))
Old
JF Old Timer

10-25-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
As for I'm one of those pissed gamers about the 360 games by SE...

How would everybody feel if more SE games were go be released on the Wii?

I know there's the Chocobo Dungeon, but what if FFXIII would really be released for the Wii also? What if it were to be released not on the 360, but Wii instead?

I want to hear your reactions to this.
the issue with that isn't just with SE. the wii was made to be a party type system. and with the controls of the wii, and the size of game discs, it's hard to make games ported for the wii. the developers for wii games want to "take advantage of the new system controls". so in theory, and this goes a long with every other developer, actual games rather than party / kid games on the wii is almost imposible.

don't get me wrong, i said ALMOST imposible. there's games like zelda and smash brothers that will live on as "actual games".

as for my opinion...it would really depend on the game itself. when i play a game, i want it to be as enjoyable as posible. if i played ff13 on the wii, that would seem akward. but then games like chocobo dungeon, i can see it would work really well on the wii.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Uriko (Offline)
JF Cereal Killer

10-25-2008, 06:26 PM

if SE games were released on the wii, i wouldn't mind it as much as compared to it being released on the xbox.

'cause i just have a personal grudge against the console.

But to despair was to wish back for something already lost.
Or to prolong what was already unbearable.