JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#161 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-08-2010, 01:39 PM

Leaving specific interests on console games aside (mine would FFXIII: Versus on PS3), I believe PS3 will win against 360 in the end. It was planned for a longer lifetime in mind, thus the price at the start. But you see now that it's cheaper it is selling a lot.

Even though the PS3 life will be longer, the PS4 will be released sometime when the new XBox comes. PS3 will still live like PS2 in this era.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#162 (permalink))
Old
MeIsKevin (Offline)
JF Regular

02-08-2010, 03:32 PM

I don't wanna have any of the consoles you listed, I want my Nes back :<

All goto my Yewtoob account and add me as friend!
HTML Code:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnimatorRM/
(#163 (permalink))
Old
FiNGSandMan (Offline)
New to JF

02-08-2010, 08:19 PM

PS3 and GBC
I miss pokemon yellow on my teal gameboy

but ps3 ofcourse, since there are 100 times more glitches for MW2 on the xbox. YES i pulled that name out, crazy game. and if you dont have it, well you missing out =3
(#164 (permalink))
Old
Twisted (Offline)
Commander of Chaos

Send a message via MSN to Twisted
02-08-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeIsKevin View Post
I don't wanna have any of the consoles you listed, I want my Nes back :<
Mario and Bomberman... God, I miss those games...

Anywho, each machine has it's merits.

Mikeysoft (microsoft) has on-line play sorted properly, has a system to keep people interested (achievements) and has a but-load of high ranking games. Some of them system exclusive.

Sony has a good system on a wider basis, playing the multimedia card well. You can do a lot more than play games with it. However, on-line play has only recently been up on Mikeysoft's level and the line up isn't nearly as impressive. They had the xbox running for it's money in RPG's, but it caught up in that perspective fast. The six-axes is a wii-mote rip-off and most exclusive titles are, in my opinion, not really that special. And sony is being as stubborn as usual.

The wii is the odd one out in graphics, but the big N gets it where it counts: gameplay. It doesn't have eye-popping, jaw-dropping graphics, but it really put the fun back in gaming. And you can exercise with it as well (wii fit). Fab line up with games. Love the new mario bros. game.

So, if you're a hard core gamer you go for either x-box or wii (most HC gamers have both) and the gadget guys and gals go for the PS3 to get a cheap blu ray player. PS3 is good for gaming, but it's third choice for the hard core crowd. Trust me, I hang with some of those guys. Sony may catch up because they have some heavy hitters in their corner, but Big N and Mikeysoft aren't pulling any punches.

Me? I'm getting an X-Box with FF XIII and this Christmas a PS3 with FF Versus XIII and MGS 4, maybe DMC 4 (or 5 if it's made). Next year a wii with some good games...

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
Henry V, St. Crispin Day speech
(#165 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-10-2010, 12:04 AM

I personally think all 3 consoles are not worth buying, but I don't want to wait 'till programers create decent emulators.
(#166 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-10-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
I personally think all 3 consoles are not worth buying, but I don't want to wait 'till programers create decent emulators.
Current computers can finally emulate PS2, though not really 100%, and only the very high end ones.

Emulating PS3 would need many years. consoles are advancing too much for emulators to be made fast. The gap is increasing.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#167 (permalink))
Old
redline (Offline)
JF Regular

02-10-2010, 09:16 PM

Dare I say pc > all. If were talking about consoles only though, every console has there positives and negatives. Personally I like the ps3, the internet is free, has great graphics, and I've had ever PS that has come out so far.
(#168 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

02-10-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline View Post
Dare I say pc > all. If were talking about consoles only though, every console has there positives and negatives. Personally I like the ps3, the internet is free, has great graphics, and I've had ever PS that has come out so far.
PC might've been better the last generation, however this one leaves the PC way behind in terms of gaming experience.

Quote:
(#169 (permalink))
Old
redline (Offline)
JF Regular

02-10-2010, 10:16 PM

Its mostly the FPS, after playing FPS's on pc i cant go back to playing them on console. mouse > analog stick when it comes to fps.
(#170 (permalink))
Old
Eureka77 (Offline)
JF Regular

02-11-2010, 12:52 AM

Wii here.

No questions asked. XD

I love Japan!!!