LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

12-23-2008, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
That part in Resident Evil 4 on the island with the regenerators...ugh, that was stressful to play. You could hear them breathing...and then when they spotted you the music came on. Oh how much I hate that music...
I'm at that part on RE4Wii. I kind of stopped playing, not because it was scary, but because I bought Persona 4 and that's all I've been doing. lol Those things are creepy, though.

Another weird-ass game from my youth was Glover. I'd die in like one hit or something from the weirdest enemies. You had to carry this ball to the end of the level. Weird creatures that went in the same pattern back and forth would try to pop it. Sometimes you had to change the ball with your magic Glover-powers to solve puzzles and I was always afraid to move when I turned the ball into a glass marble. It was most prone to being destroyed then.

There was this one really scary level where it was all foggy and you had to go underwater with the ball turned into a bowling ball. THEN!!! When you went to the main place to choose what level you want to go into, there was this weird laugh from the bad guy in the background.

All of the games I'm afraid of are for little kids. lol T.T

I think the Condemned series are pretty scary. I used to play the first one at my friend's house. We'd turn off all the lights, put on the surround sound, and play on the BIIIIIG TV screen. As always, my friends forced ME to play the game. But that was in seventh grade or something. I recently bought it for the PC because we didn't get that far and I want to play it again.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-23-2008, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
I'm at that part on RE4Wii. I kind of stopped playing, not because it was scary, but because I bought Persona 4 and that's all I've been doing. lol Those things are creepy, though.
Oh man, I wanna play RE4 on the Wii D: It's like less than 20 bucks now, mind as well go out and grab a copy. Persona 4 is another game I'd like to play. But yeah, those regenerators...their movements creep me out, the way they are impacted by rounds from your weapons, how they just absorb all your shots.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#33 (permalink))
Old
CarleyGee (Offline)
staring at awkward legs

Send a message via AIM to CarleyGee Send a message via MSN to CarleyGee
12-23-2008, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaru View Post
OMG CREATURES!

I had SERIOSULY forgotten about that game... I wonder if I can find my old PS1 copy again, a friend gave me both an N64 copy and a PS1 copy a LOOONG time ago, and I've NEVER actually beaten it.

I'm not sure if I was scared so much as annoyed, though...

As for games that mentally scarred me for life... Actually, I can't think of any... It's sad, I've either completely forgotten them, or haven't played them...

I guess it scarred me since I accidently kept
poisoning all my creatures with bad mushrooms haha.

I wouldn't mind playing it again though... I never
really got the point of the game, and could never
reach all the eggs..

Help my Cause for homeless teens!
http://www.socialvibe.com/CarleyGee

R.I.P Johnny
3-31-09

http://www.formspring.me/CarleyRenee17
Ask me any question
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-23-2008, 04:26 AM

Oh crap, I remember Glover!

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

12-23-2008, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
Oh man, I wanna play RE4 on the Wii D: It's like less than 20 bucks now, mind as well go out and grab a copy. Persona 4 is another game I'd like to play. But yeah, those regenerators...their movements creep me out, the way they are impacted by rounds from your weapons, how they just absorb all your shots.
After many wasted bullets, I finally bought a rifle with the scope thingy. It really has helped. My favorite quote from the game," Ahhh... I'll buy it at a high price!" and "Leeeeeoooooon HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!"

Another game that scared me when I was two or three on the SNES was the Lion King game. My gosh! That game is one of the HARDEST games on the planet because you die in one hit. Poor Simba.

My FAVORITE childhood game is the Titanic game. My dad bought it because he loves the Titanic movie, ship, time period, etc. and we used to play it ALL THE TIME when I was little.

The game's atmosphere is really good. The themes in the game scare me and I recently played it this summer all over again. It made me cry because I died on the ship after working so hard on it.

But one the COOLEST things in the game was how you interacted. My GOD! It effects the whole damn game! If you decide to wander off and hear the stories of the people on the ship or help them out, you get totally sidetracked and don't get the item you're supposed to get in time.

Last year I gave my dad the BEST Christmas present ever. I bought him the Rubaiyat book from the Titanic game you had to retrieve. He thought it was the best gift ever and he dearly treasures it. It was funny too, because he said he was planning to buy ME the Rubaiyat for my high school graduation.

Which reminds me... There was this CREEPY Russian guy named Vlad on the ship who wanted the Rubaiyat and he'd box you and fight you to get it. He scares the hell out of me!

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#36 (permalink))
Old
FreddyLea (Offline)
JF Regular

12-23-2008, 05:06 AM

no game ever 'scarred' me ... but there are quite a few of them that made me jump while playing ... mostly zombie related ones ... but any game that has something out of the 'norm' suddenly jump out at you on the screen ... that will make me jump most every time if the game is involved enough ...

if it is a normal 'shoot em up' then na doesn't matter what there is ... but if there is a storyline and you have to progress through areas .. and then something jumps out at ya ... that will get me ..

i do recall one game ... but not the name ... i quit playing it after a t-rex busted through a side wall while i was walking in an area ... i put (well tossed) the controller down and turned the game off it made me jump so freakin much ... my wife laughed for days about it ...
(#37 (permalink))
Old
reptilesandsamurai (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-23-2008, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyLea View Post

i do recall one game ... but not the name ... i quit playing it after a t-rex busted through a side wall while i was walking in an area ... i put (well tossed) the controller down and turned the game off it made me jump so freakin much ... my wife laughed for days about it ...
Could it be one of the Dino Crisis series?

YouTube - Dino Crisis 2 trailer

Reptiles have silly grins
Dark eyes--shiny teeth--some have fins
Samurai they smile never
Serious--pretty swords--very clever
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-23-2008, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyLea View Post
no game ever 'scarred' me ... but there are quite a few of them that made me jump while playing ... mostly zombie related ones ... but any game that has something out of the 'norm' suddenly jump out at you on the screen ... that will make me jump most every time if the game is involved enough ...
Anticipation of things jumping out at you is just a natural reaction for everybody, unless you have awfully slow reflexes XD

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
12-23-2008, 05:33 AM

Hmm... there aren't all that many games that have gotten under my skin. First (in chronological order) would be Descent II. Although the game was not designed to be scary much, I did jump out of my pants at some point or another. Especially in the latest levels. Those robots scared the crap out of me sometimes X)

Then there's Martian Gothic - a survival thriller. In such games zombies, that suddenly jump on you from the back, are expected and did not scare me much, but the atmosphere in the game and the soundtrack... pure greatness... or it was at the time the game came out. That game is hard to forget, even if I did not finish it (due to a scratched disk that prevented me to load a certain level >_<). One of the creepiest moments was coming across a dead body in one of the hallways. It was just hanging in the air, like it had been crucified. It didn't do anything... it just hung there and prevented any advance. This might not sound scary, but believe me, it was.

The Thing. I think that anyone who has played it, will understand why.

Aaand Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - the hotel level. Just creepy as hell X)

Other than that, I don't remember any other game making me freak out. Sure there were some moments in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC, F.E.A.R., Deadspace and some other titles I have played, but they just did not have the right atmosphere.

(#40 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to cridgit001
12-23-2008, 06:33 AM

F.E.A.R. almost made me pee my pants. That is some messed up stuff there.