LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Saffy85 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Saffy85
Looking to learn basic Japanese for Holiday - 08-17-2008, 01:32 AM

Hi Japanese speaking Guys and Girls

Well I have longed to go to Japan for a few years now; finally I have decided to save up and have almost 80% of the funds ready for a working holiday stay in the country. Only thing is I took a short summer course in Birmingham University about 2 years ago and have forgotten the majority of what I learned.

I am looking for someone or a group of people who would be willing to meet up in Birmingham City centre at least once a week, who can spare an hour or two and help me out with speaking and basic reading/writing in Japanese. The rest I figure I can learn while over there (a year is adequate to become a fluent speaker and good at reading/writing in the language).

As for the person/s who is willing to teach, I would prefer Japanese students or someone who has visited/lived in Japan before. I can learn a great deal about the culture, etiquette and so on from such a person. But if there is no one from Japan available/willing to teach me I will still appreciate anyone who can speak fluent in Japanese to teach.

Thank you for your interest in helping and looking forward to learning.
Saf.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Saffy85 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-18-2008, 10:54 PM

*Bump*

Suerly there is someone in Birmingham who can spare at least one hour per week? I am not asking for your time in return for nothing, of course I shall treat you to tea/coffee, McDonalds/Burger King, Pizza Hut, KFC etc etc (whatever takess your fancy really, although the expensiver the more learning time I would expect :P).
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Saffy85 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-24-2008, 05:49 PM

Hmm nearly 100 views and no takers? Well I guess I will just have to go signup to some Japanese short course again (will be difficult give summer is almost over).

I could learn it from audio etc, but I learn faster when actually practicing with other people (plus it is not as boring as audio tapes and helps hold my attention for longer).