(#11 (permalink))
Old
thalia4 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Location: Somewhere in the world maybe JP. " A fatal attraction to CUTENESS" HL
01-25-2008, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
A friend`s son is looking for a *serious* penpal. He is NOT online, so each message would be relayed by me. I see them once or twice a week.

The requirements -
Same age range of 12 to 15 or so. (He is 13, to be 14 in December.)
A native English speaker with good grammar and spelling. He does NOT understand slang or net abbreviations, etc. If you don`t think you can write in clear and plain English, then it is probably not a good idea.
Similar interests if possible. I haven`t quizzed him on this one, so write what your interests are and I`ll leave it up to him.
Basic Japanese skills and the ability to look words up, etc.

The plan is to write half in English, and half in Japanese. Both halves on the same subject, possibly both halves with the same meaning. He is a good English speaker, and is currently working toward Eiken 2. (Passed Jun-2. I taught him all by myself, woohoo)

If there is anyone interested, please write an introductory message about yourself - in simple and plain English - and a bit in Japanese if you feel the desire. I`ll give him the messages next time I see him, and translate them into Japanese if necessary. He`ll choose whoever he wants to write to.

If there isn`t anyone interested... Oh well.
Hi!!! I would love to have a japanese friend. I am female 13 turning 14 in july . I speak really good english, I make really good grades I am in a prehonors language arts class. I dont speak that much japanese but I can say a few words Still learning!!. I like piano music rockpop, Jpop anything that fits my mood. I love anime my favorite animes are naruto, Spiral my most favorite fruits basket I've seen all the episodes. My favorite movie is Howls moving castle, spirited away . I have a binder full of manga I've drawn. It would be a privilege to be his friend. I woud teach him some english. E- mail me at [email protected] to let me know if youre interested. Sayonara!! Bye!!

Abdc
*Quest Crew & Beat Freaks*
*Fan of the Cocky Guys & So real*
*GACKT FAN CLUB ME & VAMPIRE CLAN*
NARUTO FAN CLUB FAMILY
Me(sakura), Narutoluvr(misa),zachart(Ichigo),ariana,Silveremperial(sora)kiyuga(nara),sm ilexfreak7( vampire princess),xrachellex (Miyuki),rukamency,lulu,totorono,Auran,Orihimegirl,katchan6 (mello),Sakurasan, KittyKyo,drummachick
(#12 (permalink))
Old
auran (Offline)
< J Rocker :3

Send a message via ICQ to auran Send a message via AIM to auran Send a message via Yahoo to auran Send a message via Skype™ to auran
01-25-2008, 12:46 AM

im fourteen if you want to talk pm me
i live in tennessee
love manga
learning japanese
and iwould love some one to talk to

The Otakus Crew!!
Join the Otakus Forum

Last edited by auran : 01-25-2008 at 12:50 AM.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-25-2008, 11:18 AM

Unfortunately, so far no one has struck his interest.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Navi (Offline)
New to JF

01-28-2008, 02:11 PM

Description: 15 Year old Australian male. There's a two hour or so time difference so if at any point he decides to chat online there won't be much trouble to find each other online.

As for a description, I have a wide range of interest from anime, computers, movies, music, sports, law, and languages in general. Being multilingual I do plan on getting a job involving either law or linguistics I've been rather eager to learn another language (written and spoken).

If he doesn't understand 1337 speak or any other internet slang I think I'd do a good job at correspondence seeing as I rarely ever use that kind of language. I'm a grammar whore so if he's looking to write proper English, the one that humans with an IQ of over 110 use.

As I said, I have a wide range of interest that cannot be condensed into a post without boring anyone else. I do have some understanding of both written and spoken Japanese, but I can only read Hiragana and do have some difficulty with Kanji, even then I'm not exactly confident with Hiragana so I'd like to make it clear incase we have any problems.

I have a lot of free time, so another person to chat with would be lovely. I'd also like to say if he's looking for someone with a child like mentality or someone his own age. I would not reccomend speaking with me I've been told that I seem more mature and older than most people my age.

Edit: I just re-read what I just wrote.......that looks rather strange. It looks like I've been fired from several jobs and desperately need another one. -_____-

Last edited by Navi : 01-28-2008 at 02:16 PM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
crazycow (Offline)
New to JF

Moo!! 8] - 12-03-2008, 09:52 AM

[edit: deleted]

Last edited by crazycow : 01-21-2022 at 02:27 PM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
isisbathory (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-03-2008, 11:21 AM

what is a penpal?
(#17 (permalink))
Old
LadyRowena (Offline)
New to JF

12-13-2008, 01:23 AM

I'm fifteen, a girl, I'm from the US. I've helped friends for whom English is their second language, and I need some help with my Japanese, so I'd love to do an exchange. I like gaming, reading, coding, tennis, I'm learning piano and guitar; in summary: I'm a total geek.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-13-2008, 02:22 AM

It's just nice to see that kids are still into "penpals" even theres technology already.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#19 (permalink))
Old
catijoy (Offline)
JF Regular

12-13-2008, 11:15 PM

Well, I might as well give it a go.

I am a fourteen year old female from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. I am currently learning Japanese, so any help I can get is greatly appreciated. I would not mind helping with his English, if needed. My English is very good compared to some other people my age. Besides learning Japanese, I am interested in art and manga.

Anyway, if he is interested, I would love to chat. There is a ten hour difference between Pittsburgh and Japan, though, so we may have to communicate through email rather than instant messaging.

If he is interested, please PM me, and I will give you my email address.

Thank you.

~Cati Joy

Shabon Freedom!

Crazy... Toys in the attic, I am crazy...
Truly gone fishing...
They must have taken my marbles away!

- Pink Floyd ~ The Trial
(#20 (permalink))
Old
momof2mews (Offline)
New to JF

Smile Wondering if he is still looking for a penpal? - 12-20-2008, 02:05 AM

My daughter is looking for a penpal about the same age. She is 13 years old and is currently learning Japanese at community college.
She already has a large understanding of Japanese culture because her sister has been writing to a boy in Japan for the last three years.
If you are interested, please email me.