LinkBack Thread Tools
(#251 (permalink))
Old
DSX (Offline)
I MUY LOCO!!!!

10-14-2008, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
(It's not going to college that makes you a drone. Going to college is what gives you freedom.)
What I'm talking about is that everyone has to do it, thus them being drones under the rule.

(#252 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2008, 04:53 AM

It is easier to drive a bus from the inside than it is from the outside.

And I am old enough to know what I am talking about (most of the time).

College is far from the last hurdle society is going to expect you to cross, but it buys you opportunity.

Remember what I said. No one has ever regretted graduating from college.

You have plenty of time to work to make that possibility become true for you. But if at 15 you have already decided that it's something you can't do, then don't be surprised when it comes to job-searches that your potential boss thinks "This job is probably something he can't do, too".
(#253 (permalink))
Old
DSX (Offline)
I MUY LOCO!!!!

10-14-2008, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
It is easier to drive a bus from the inside than it is from the outside.

And I am old enough to know what I am talking about (most of the time).

College is far from the last hurdle society is going to expect you to cross, but it buys you opportunity.

Remember what I said. No one has ever regretted graduating from college.

You have plenty of time to work to make that possibility become true for you. But if at 15 you have already decided that it's something you can't do, then don't be surprised when it comes to job-searches that your potential boss thinks "This job is probably something he can't do, too".
I never said I couldn't do it. I have total confidence in myself, I can do it.

Looks like this debate's over.

*Shakes hands*

Wise words, old-timer. Haha.

(#254 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2008, 05:05 AM

Best to you DSX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
*Raises Hand*

Iv got a question.

Trying to keep this short - Im not looking to live in Japan, Maybe one day down the track (far down) if possible, work and stay there for a while.

Here in Aus to gain a bachelors its generally 3 years at Uni as apposed to (4? which is what everyone keeps saying) Will this cause any problems? Im assuming no, but from what iv read it seems totally possible to be turned down because of a situation like this.
Damn good question.

Welcome back (?)
(#255 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-14-2008, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Lol, I guess. My account didnt get closed, I wont be able to come on even a quarter as much as i used too as ill be moving cross state in a week or so and into a much busier lifestyle (Into a City, Better weather, further study and more work.) thanks for asking tho.

EDIT: Congrats on mod status btw.
Thanks...I can close you if you want...but would rather see you come by when you want.
(#256 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

10-19-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
*Raises Hand*

Iv got a question.

Trying to keep this short - Im not looking to live in Japan, Maybe one day down the track (far down) if possible, work and stay there for a while.

Here in Aus to gain a bachelors its generally 3 years at Uni as apposed to (4? which is what everyone keeps saying) Will this cause any problems? Im assuming no, but from what iv read it seems totally possible to be turned down because of a situation like this.
The answer is no. A three year bachelors is the same as a four year from the US. You can get a bachelors in less than four in the US too. It would take a lot of hard work, but it can be done.
(#257 (permalink))
Old
sutocorporation (Offline)
New to JF

10-20-2008, 04:45 PM

i think japan is a beautifull country...so can u help me to tell me....if i want collage at there how much i must prepare the money

(#258 (permalink))
Old
Madoushi (Offline)
New to JF

Work - 10-28-2008, 05:46 PM

I have a question, I understand it is important to have a four-year degree program In order to earn your Visa and so on, however what about someone who has studied in a traid? My girlfriend is learning to become a professional hair stylist, this is a whole three (not sure exact length) years of study in the class room, then more in the actual salon. In the end they take a large test for their license. If she were to complete this, would it still be difficult to get a job most likely in her proffesion, in Japan? This is not a Uni/college, however would this qualify?
(#259 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

10-28-2008, 06:25 PM

Well, Like MMM said, you don't have to have a degree to LIVE in japan, but it helps a whole lot more. And Plus, College/Uni is a great experiance. You learn to be yourself

Honestly, I'm sick of seeing threads that say 'I want to live in Japan, I hate where i live.' THATS BULLSHIT. You make your life how it is. If you're not happy, Most of it is YOU making yourself unhappy. [granted, this does not apply to some people..] If you've never been to Japan, how would you know what its really like, How you would live it. If you don't even know how you want to live your life, there is no point saying where you're going to live it.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#260 (permalink))
Old
kenmei (Offline)
脳ある鷹は爪を隠

Send a message via AIM to kenmei Send a message via MSN to kenmei
10-28-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
Well, Like MMM said, you don't have to have a degree to LIVE in japan, but it helps a whole lot more. And Plus, College/Uni is a great experiance. You learn to be yourself

Honestly, I'm sick of seeing threads that say 'I want to live in Japan, I hate where i live.' THATS BULLSHIT. You make your life how it is. If you're not happy, Most of it is YOU making yourself unhappy. [granted, this does not apply to some people..] If you've never been to Japan, how would you know what its really like, How you would live it. If you don't even know how you want to live your life, there is no point saying where you're going to live it.
It's people being naive, pretty much. I can't blame them though, most of the time they've not been to Japan and only have the image of Japan that's in their head. The reality is that it is not quite the perfect world that they imagine/see in anime, ect. I'd suggest a lot of thought going into making such an impactful life choice. But everyone has their own reasons as to why, however realistic they may be. People are also naive about going as well and don't do proper research. But that's what we're here for, to edjucate them and sometimes bring them back to reality

ホラ顔上げぇな・・