(#21 (permalink))
Old
Pray (Offline)
JF Regular

^-^ - 08-29-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
芝刈り機
We have a yard. We mow it. It`s nowhere near an acre though.

To return to the original poster -
Let me get this straight... You want to live in an American countryside that just happens to be in Japan? You have made it pretty clear that you know virtually nothing about life in Japan, and absolutely no Japanese.

What is the appeal? The "coolness" factor of being able to say "I live in Japan"? You`re not making all that much sense, to be quite honest. It sounds like you`d be better off buying a house in the country in the US, and decorating it in Japanese style.

To give perspective, it`s sort of along the same lines as someone saying "Hey, I need to figure out the floor plan for my new private clinic that I`m going to build with all that money I made from being a top surgeon.".... When you haven`t even entered med school. You`re leaping so very far ahead of yourself that it just sounds silly.
I don't want to live in Japan to say I live in Japan woot I live in America same "coolness factor" to all the people who come here, and most of them don't say "I Live in America" to be cool, but when they tell people where they live they kind of have to say "America". I have looked at many houses and some have a "country feel" in japan by that I mean your not in a crammed packed city and have some room to run around or ride a bike without being surrounded by cars. LoL i'm trying to get a idea of what i may be in for
, I honestly want to know what is wrong with trying to get a Idea? Everywon seems to be bashing my thread when all I want is a idea of what i may be in for. Is that Wrong, I posted this thread because I was reading through your "I live in Japan thread" and didn't get all my answers there plus atm I do not have time to read 65 pages in a day. I thought this may be more practical but apparently I have no right to ask what I may be in for. Plus I currently model and will be entering game design school not med school. Atm i'm focused on my computer science degree . I plan on getting a game design job or computer technician. I can already get a internship at a small place but I turned it down to continue my job and school. Considering I work like 40 hours a month as opposed to 80 it works alot better for school.

I did not think people would be so rude when I posted this as I have said a million times "I just want a idea of what I may be in for" and all of you act like it is a sin. I thought people would be helpful but I guess since i'm American you all decide to tell me that you wont even help a lil. I;m not asking for room and board I'm asking how hard will it be, I know it is possible, I have the money and am getting the degree. That "I need" even though a 17 year old w/no degree can live there and has been there for 9 years. I wanted a realistic perspective told from people who have done it, as opposed to looking up things and getting that "every thing is awesome and manga like" Which is what so many people decide to say either that or it's not possible. Or they say that its hard, okay I understand hard, I understand it may be the biggest head ache of paperwork ever. But not 1 person has actually posted or said requirements. Beside Marry Japanese, well I have said alot i'm engaged, we both refuse to leave each other to move to another country. So w/e people will be people, say what you want but it would be nice for some won to actually try to help give me a idea, rather then saying the same shit people always say. The "Don't think about it" "No chance" "Marry Over there" you know but anyways I'll just ask a Japanese person who came over here, Instead of thinking people on a forum might be helpful.

(\__/) Copy and Paste this cute little bunny into your
(='.'=) Signature so he can Dominate the World if you
(")_(") do not obey he will flatten your pillows
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Pray (Offline)
JF Regular

^-^ - 08-29-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
It was previously mentioned the permanent residency can be obtained in 5 years, but that is often not the case. The 5 year clock applies to your visa type. If you have a student visa for 2 years, and a then change to a work visa, the 5 years starts again with the new visa. There are people who have lived in Japan for 10 years or more who have not been able to get permanent residency.

Technically, you have to give up your previous nationality when you become a permanent resident, but that rule is one of those many laws which Japan seems to turn a blind eye to.

You can get a home with a yard in Japan if you are willing to live some distance from the metro areas. The average price of an older 3 room home with a small yard where I live (1 hour from Tokyo) is about $90,000. Not very expensive, and easy enough to afford if you don't mind commuting an hour each way to the city every day, or can find work in your own community.

To finance a house, you'll need to have permanent residency, banks will not give loans to foreigners living in Japan on a visa.

As you are probably aware, the easiest job for foreigners to get in Japan is teaching English. There are many jobs available, and the pay is not bad. But judging by your post, your English needs quite a bit of improvement. Almost all schools will look at your application/cover letter/resume carefully, and evaluate it for spelling and grammar mistakes. Some schools will require you write an essay, such as "Why I want to live in Japan".

Ganbatte
Ty your the 1 helpful person in this thread, you did not judge you actually gave a general idea, which is all I really want Ty Very Much

(#23 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-29-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray View Post
Ty your the 1 helpful person in this thread, you did not judge you actually gave a general idea, which is all I really want Ty Very Much
Pray, Sangetsu is not the only person that tries to help you. Please don't act like you were ambushed. I think you got some valuable information, but there is not a lot of hand-holding that goes on here.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-30-2008, 01:29 AM

Quote:
I did not think people would be so rude when I posted this as I have said a million times "I just want a idea of what I may be in for" and all of you act like it is a sin. I thought people would be helpful but I guess since i'm American you all decide to tell me that you wont even help a lil. I;m not asking for room and board I'm asking how hard will it be, I know it is possible, I have the money and am getting the degree.
I was not trying to be rude, nor did I say it was impossible. I said that you are jumping way too far ahead of yourself.

You`re looking for a magical paperwork path that doesn`t exist. It`s not a matter of things being hard, you`re searching for a path that simply is not there. You HAVE TO fulfill certain requirements, many of which are not at all impossible. You just haven`t fulfilled them yet, and it will take a while to do so. You can pull it off with a 4 year degree. But you don`t have one at this point - so instead of focusing on how you`re going to live in Japan you should be focusing on the steps you can take at this point. When you`ve nearly finished with one step, THEN put detailed thought into the next. Instead of spending time thinking about 3 or 4 steps down the road, look at the ones right in front of you.

Quote:
That "I need" even though a 17 year old w/no degree can live there and has been there for 9 years.
Sure, I may have come to Japan at 17 without a degree. But I married a Japanese man, and DID get my degree afterward. I think the circumstances are quite different. Had I not gotten married or gotten my degree, I could not have stayed. End of story. I hopped in and out of the country until I married and had that visa in hand. There is no secret path around it.

Oh, and it`s 10 years now.

You say that you accept it`s going to be hard, but don`t really want to hear about how hard and realistic advice. And you still haven`t clarified why exactly you want to live permanently in a country that a) You`ve never been to, b) You know little about the life in, and c) Do not speak the language of. If there is any rudeness in my replies, it`s because of that... And the fact that you sound just like any of the other 800 kids on here who decide they`re going to go live in Japan on a whim.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Pray (Offline)
JF Regular

^-^ - 08-30-2008, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Pray, Sangetsu is not the only person that tries to help you. Please don't act like you were ambushed. I think you got some valuable information, but there is not a lot of hand-holding that goes on here.
I know but they are the only person who actually gave a good idea and did not judge, as much at least.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-30-2008, 05:20 AM

I think if you read Nyororin's posts again, you will see she is giving you the hard facts. Maybe you don't like her tone, but she is trying to give you a wake-up call for your sake. She is one of the most helpful people here, and does so completly out of charity. You have a LOT of things you and your fiance need to do before you can even consider living in Japan. That is the reality.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Pray (Offline)
JF Regular

^-^ - 08-30-2008, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I was not trying to be rude, nor did I say it was impossible. I said that you are jumping way too far ahead of yourself.

You`re looking for a magical paperwork path that doesn`t exist. It`s not a matter of things being hard, you`re searching for a path that simply is not there. You HAVE TO fulfill certain requirements, many of which are not at all impossible. You just haven`t fulfilled them yet, and it will take a while to do so. You can pull it off with a 4 year degree. But you don`t have one at this point - so instead of focusing on how you`re going to live in Japan you should be focusing on the steps you can take at this point. When you`ve nearly finished with one step, THEN put detailed thought into the next. Instead of spending time thinking about 3 or 4 steps down the road, look at the ones right in front of you.

Sure, I may have come to Japan at 17 without a degree. But I married a Japanese man, and DID get my degree afterward. I think the circumstances are quite different. Had I not gotten married or gotten my degree, I could not have stayed. End of story. I hopped in and out of the country until I married and had that visa in hand. There is no secret path around it.

Oh, and it`s 10 years now.

You say that you accept it`s going to be hard, but don`t really want to hear about how hard and realistic advice. And you still haven`t clarified why exactly you want to live permanently in a country that a) You`ve never been to, b) You know little about the life in, and c) Do not speak the language of. If there is any rudeness in my replies, it`s because of that... And the fact that you sound just like any of the other 800 kids on here who decide they`re going to go live in Japan on a whim.
I understand where you are coming from but Considering every country has paperwork and requirements for citizenship, I thought Japan would be similar. I do want to hear the truth but actually about what I asked not me "getting ahead of myself" I'm actually planning not saying I'm gonna go to Japan be happy and nothing goes wrong like "the 800 kids". I was trying to get a idea of how hard it will be if I want citizenship/a home. If your going to live somewhere logically you should get a home or apartment. Citizenship is nice to have if you live somewhere. So I thought it would be nice to have a idea, but it seems like the only way is "Marriage" from what all of you say. But housing is affordable. So that is a plus well cya if your not going to actually talk about citizenship or housing I'd prefer you do not post.

(#28 (permalink))
Old
Pray (Offline)
JF Regular

^-^ - 08-30-2008, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I think if you read Nyororin's posts again, you will see she is giving you the hard facts. Maybe you don't like her tone, but she is trying to give you a wake-up call for your sake. She is one of the most helpful people here, and does so completly out of charity. You have a LOT of things you and your fiance need to do before you can even consider living in Japan. That is the reality.
Yes i know but is it wrong to get a idea anyways ?

(#29 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-30-2008, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Yes i know but is it wrong to get a idea anyways ?
No, of course not. You are not the first, and not the last with this idea. Please take the advice of those that have experience seriously and without offense.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-30-2008, 05:28 AM

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from but Considering every country has paperwork and requirements for citizenship, I thought Japan would be similar. I do want to hear the truth but actually about what I asked not me "getting ahead of myself" I'm actually planning not saying I'm gonna go to Japan be happy and nothing goes wrong like "the 800 kids". I was trying to get a idea of how hard it will be if I want citizenship/a home. If your going to live somewhere logically you should get a home or apartment. Citizenship is nice to have if you live somewhere. So I thought it would be nice to have a idea, but it seems like the only way is "Marriage" from what all of you say. But housing is affordable. So that is a plus well cya if your not going to actually talk about citizenship or housing I'd prefer you do not post.
Nyororin's point is, there is not point in even thinking about citizenship until you have been empoyed for at least five years. There is no point in even thinking about employment until you have a 4-year-degree. So Japan will be nothing but a dream until you at least get that first step done.